• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark Larue IS the King of Marketing!

EDDK9

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
https://www.larue.com/products/larue-cagulowa/

Whelp, I blame this new product on yoga pants. Wait ! Hear me out.
While working out one day at a gym called OrangeTheory, the female yell-leader instructor must be a model for yoga pants or a LuLuLemon plant. Anyhow, the whole aura she had goin’ on caused me to lift a larger barbell behind my head than my age group (old) could handle. Bam !! Torn right elbow.
Fast forward to now. Elbow is slow to heal but I need to hike with a rifle …

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
- Thomas Jefferson 1785 August 19.

On my ranch hikes, using my injured right arm, I couldn’t find a comfortable way to carry my scoped 10-22. My invention demon jumped onto my right shoulder and drop kicked my right ear. Bam again !! I listened to the invention demon and came up with the Cagulowa ™ – Carries Gun Long Way.

Trust me, this is nice to have. Makes carrying scoped rifles a gamechanger. Tell your gal you are sick of Valentine’s Day chocolates and you want a Cagulowa™ Carry Handle instead. And no, silly, it won’t change you rifles zero (unless you duct-taped your scope on).

Be advised, these are made by slow walking saddle makers, so put your order in and give us a few days to knock you one out.

Enjoy,
2E850FEB-9155-48ED-B38F-665B206938EA.jpeg
Mark LaRue

What in the absolute fuckery is this mess ?

While I certainly agree that there's no way in hell I would purchase a product intended to make it easier to carry my rifle by the optic (!), I'd have to say that the King of Marketing title still belongs to Steve Jobs. That dude convinced millions upon millions of people that they NEEDED to upgrade their smartphones year after year when in reality, their old device did everything they really needed it to do.

Reactions: Camocal and AIAW
Saw this elsewhere.
Perfect tool to flag everyone nearby.
The first 100 orders will receive this a "bonus" gift:
View attachment 7004504

R

Oh, so it looks like you have accepted the Props Master position for "Cecille B. De-1J04's" new, feature length film, Eh ? :unsure:

Congratulations on your new endeavor ! I hope you negotiated a "Box" Office cut as part of your contract, I think it's going to be a Monster ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Bender
Oh, so it looks like you have accepted the Props Master position for "Cecille B. De-1J04's" new, feature length film, Eh ? :unsure:

Congratulations on your new endeavor ! I hope you negotiated a "Box" Office cut as part of your contract, I think it's going to be a Monster ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gotta keep that on the down low, still in production...

R

I honestly kept reading this long annoying description just to read these awesome responses. Anyone who buys this please message me on how to make six figures with this book for I have for sale.

Reactions: Bender
I love how this narcissistic ego maniac just brushes it off that there’s no zero shift. I’m not claiming there would be any, but I’ll bet my sack that motherfucker did no real hard testing to make such a bold claim

If people would wait 4 years to purchase a Siete with his barrels over a known custom action with a Bartlein, Krieger or other known quantity, I’m sure he can convince his minions to purchase that clusterfuck too.

Reactions: TheMammoth
What a great way to multiply the number of folks you can muzzle sweep at the local range as you wander about aimlessly showing off this handcrafted beauty.

I'm still thinking this has to be a joke and his motive is to get more traffic. Seriously... Even if you did plan to carry your rifle like this, why wouldn't he(Mark) engineer the straps to wrap over the stock itself and not the optic? Really, its an idiotic venture no matter which you look at it, but at least its better than torqueing on the rifle tube. Lol He can't be serious...

I'm waiting for a counter and Marc coming out publicly and saying: "Look at all you fools posting about me and my company!" "Did you really think I was this stupid?" (Yes.. Yes, we do.)

Last edited:
Reactions: AverageGrunt
He has enough taint lickers over on arfcom that are probably tripping over one another to buy them that he could retire early :rolleyes:

Larue is literally in the next town over from myself and a lot of my buddies. Needless to say the group text messages today over this were plentiful and painful.

Someone over at Larue seriously needs to be given a piss test.

Reactions: Bender and EDDK9
While I certainly agree that there's no way in hell I would purchase a product intended to make it easier to carry my rifle by the optic (!), I'd have to say that the King of Marketing title still belongs to Steve Jobs. That dude convinced millions upon millions of people that they NEEDED to upgrade their smartphones year after year when in reality, their old device did everything they really needed it to do.

How dare you compare evil big business to Larue. That's absurd.

Larue not only sells mediocre products updates that are way over priced, but they also go above and beyond to sell you complete garbage all while making you feel warm and fuzzy with some creative marketing make believe like "suede quiet traction". Least you worry, when your rifle system using Larue products won't hold zero. They will be happy to step in and convince you to buy a new scope from their site because your old scope must have been "out of spec". After all everyone knows "Larue products ALWAYS return to zero"!

Big business has only mastered step 1 of that 4 step swindle and they admit their products aren't always perfect out of the gate... such amateurs!