• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Married 25 years

rsee03

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2010
A little here, a little there
Well, June 14th or (15th in my books) will be my 25th anniversary (married) with my wife.

We got married over the telephone. She was in Iowa & I was in the Philippines. After SERE school I tried to get leave to go home & get married but, some JO LT. wouldn't let me. The squadron needed me in the P.I. (yeah right). So, the wife went to one of our local small town lawyers and inquired about marriage by proxy. He figured it out for us. Still my lawyer today.

It was 1800, the 14th of June 1986 in Iowa & 0700, the 15th of June 1986 in the P.I.

Wouldn't trade her for anything. She is the best and honestly I don't know what I'd do without her.

What a ride it's been. 20 years in the Navy. She has been through a lot. Can't tell you how many deployments & detachments. Raising two kids.

Told her I hope I go before she does because wouldn't be able to do life without her.

Always joke with her that if I miss the 14th I get an extra day 'cause my anniversary isn't till the 15th. She always pipes back that the paper says the 14th.

Guys if you get one that will stick with you through all the shit, keep her!!!!!

Can't wait for the PARTY!!!!! June 18th.

Re: Married 25 years

Thanks Stan. Wife says I'm the only single married man she knows. I'm sure I could introduce her to some of y'all.

She likes to target shoot but won't hunt. That's OK with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IAretat20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, June 14th or (15th in my books) will be my 25th anniversary (married) with my wife.

We got married over the telephone. She was in Iowa & I was in the Philippines. After SERE school I tried to get leave to go home & get married but, some JO LT. wouldn't let me. The squadron needed me in the P.I. (yeah right). So, the wife went to one of our local small town lawyers and inquired about marriage by proxy. He figured it out for us. Still my lawyer today.

It was 1800, the 14th of June 1986 in Iowa & 0700, the 15th of June 1986 in the P.I.

Wouldn't trade her for anything. She is the best and honestly I don't know what I'd do without her.

What a ride it's been. 20 years in the Navy. She has been through a lot. Can't tell you how many deployments & detachments. Raising two kids.

Told her I hope I go before she does because wouldn't be able to do life without her.

Always joke with her that if I miss the 14th I get an extra day 'cause my anniversary isn't till the 15th. She always pipes back that the paper says the 14th.

Guys if you get one that will stick with you through all the shit, keep her!!!!!

Can't wait for the PARTY!!!!! June 18th. </div></div>

good on you and good luck for the rest of your lives together .I couldn't agree more about if you find a good one keep it -ive done that a few times and really made mess of things to my detriment -thank god another good gal gave me her hand - I am now a good boy !!!!!!!!

I'm just had my 10year this month. She flew to Yorktown we got married on a Friday the next day I recalled and spent the next 6 months GITMO, so hear ya when find one keep her plus it cheaper to keep them. But she has but with alot between me the Corps and the Army, yes I went from the Marines to the Army. But I couldn't have done it with out her

Congratulations we just passed 26 in April.

Congradulations!

Apparently finding that one good woman is a monumental task for some. Good to hear someone speak so well of their wife.

I am with you 110%, I am going first because I cant bear the thought of never calling her my silly bunny again.

She assures me that if I dont change my ways I damn sure will be going first! (I hope she means what I eat, as she is a damn good shot!)

Anyway best to you and the MRS, I think my wife and I have been married for 24 years. (after 20 in the books I didnt get a gold watch, I kind of lost interest in just how many years)

Congrats on a rare accomplishment these days, Mrs and I made 30yrs this past February.

Wouldn't trade those years for the world, hoping we have a few more good ones to share.

Enjoy your party and I'll toast you here to boot!!

Thanks guys & congrats to all of you.

Not been an easy ride some days as you all know but what a ride it's been so far.

Some days thought it was over for sure and it was usually my fault.

My daughter is going on year #2.

Not in it to quit it. Never have been. Only doing it once no matter what. We don't agree on a lot of things and I'm more vocal about my disagreements than her.

Congrats!

It seems like the people that always think the front door is an option are the ones that use it.

Not an option in my case, 31 and counting.

Seekers

Sounds like you are both doing it right.

Congratulations and keep on keeping on.

10 years later still getting flak about a honeymoon, she jokes about my 6 month honeymoon I spent in GITMO, so one of these days I got to make it up to her

good on ya brother. I too am on year 25 and heading to 26 this year. It is funny when people ask me how long I have been married and I say 25 years; they normally say, to the same person.

Yes, I remember 25. I still wasn't a Grampy back then. Elena Marie turned 15 this year.

That's awesome, Congrats! I hope that I can do at least as well. Like you said, I'm only going to do it once.

Congratulations. Hope you both have many more excellent years.

Congratulations! That is quite a milestone. My wife and I just celebrated number 5 and it just keeps getting better.