• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s "Massive weapons cache"

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    You may have heard on the news about a southern California man that was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found that he owned 100 guns (by rough estimate) and had 1 million rounds of ammunition stored in his home.

The house also featured a secret escape tunnel. My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter "Wow! He has ... about a million machine gun bullets." The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache."

BTW, I am dubious about the pile of ammunition boxes and cans that they showed. It looked big enough to contain no more than about 100,000 rounds, unless there was a lot of .22 rimfire ammo.

However, by southern California standards, even someone owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector"

In Texas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector"

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Idaho , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

And, in Wyoming he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."

Re: "Massive weapons cache"

Too true - This type of reporting in New York is all too common. Even after people are released and their legal weapons returned, there is never a retraction.

LOL! Thanks for the giggles!
    laugh.gif

In Virginia we would guve him an official Virginia State "Michael Bloomburg Poster". and mabey a small plaque.

In Colorado he'd be a terrorist.

(Bear in mind all the Californians moved here after they voted themselves out of money).

When I lived in CA I feared that I had to much ammo and to many guns to live there. Now I live free in the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!

Jamie

my kind of guy moor of us should be like him and california can kiss my a--

Thats crazy... i mean the fact he is under evaluation.

I thought that the USA had constitutions that would prevent such an evaluation...

So the guy might be a bit extreme about SHTF. Maybe its left overs from his Y2K preparedness plans.

If you ask me, I think he is lucky. Thats a lot of ammo and clearly this guy must be a millionare.

Its always amused me that someone with more than two guns seems any more dangerous than someone with 1. We only have two hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its always amused me that someone with more than two guns seems any more dangerous than someone with 1. We only have two hands. </div></div>

As they say "Beware the old man with one gun, he probably knows how to use it"

the interesting part to me is that it doesn't sound like he broke any laws other than offending the mind of some California liberals who would never understand why anyone would want a weapon other than the Police force.

In Maryland he would be called "a domestic terrorist". We don't like guns in this state.

Being in Mississippi, and kind of OCD, I would hope that the ammunition would function in all 100 guns... In California, he probably feels that he needs it, and he probably does....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Colorado he'd be a terrorist.

(Bear in mind all the Californians moved here after they voted themselves out of money). </div></div>

It would depend on what part of Colorado he was in lol.