• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

mauser

fish2keel

Sergeant
Minuteman
Guys I have searched long and hard and am still looking for answers. I have a k98 sportized mauser in 8mm. Last year I had a gunsmith down in vero beach tape the gun and put on a scope(ive taken it off since). I have since gotten a new gun and want to take the k98 out and work on it though.

Here is some things to know. I do not reload. I don't plan to reload. I have someone reloading 308 rounds for me but thats all right now.

My questions are can I change out the barrel of my mauser for a .308? I wouldn't mind keeping the 8mm but when I shot it at the range it was all over the place. I was using federal 8mm ammo.

Although the gun has been taped for a scope is there any way to put iron sights back on it? And does any one know a good gun smith that can spoon a handle?

I wasn't sure if this should go in the vintage section or not but I put it here

Thanks guys!

Re: mauser

Yes, converting a Mauser 98 to other calibers is done all the time. Check Midway for barrels.