• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maybe the best group I have ever shot, considering caliber.

TresMon

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2007
NW USA
.22 lr
Lapua Center-X
CZ 452 action, third pillar screw, action tightened
Benchmark, 2 groove, choked bore barrel, 26"
Bostrom Barrel tuner
Manners Stock
Vortex PST
Custom chamber, custom head space

348 Lazed yards
5 shots, 2.5"
.7 moa

Here's a pic of the rifle, from summer camp I taught at.
We had 11 kids, ages from 11-14.

All the kids but three got hits on a 5 gallon metal tar bucket @ 285 lazed yards, me calling the wind for them. (The ones that missed, just ignored me & shot their 5 rounds.)

WildernessMeans.com for all your Marksmanship & wilderness living/survival training.

Friend me on FB: Ex Umbra

Attachments

• IMG_0019_3_zps18bb401e.jpg
    IMG_0019_3_zps18bb401e.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Send that baby to Darrell at the Lapua test center in Mesa AZ and let him find you the BEST lot for that beast!!!!!
Love my 452/benchmark combo

Great to see the kids out shooting and good shooting yourself!

The RSO in me is wondering why that boy isn't wearing safety glasses ?? ;)

Here's a pic of the rifle, from summer camp I taught at.
We had 11 kids, ages from 11-14.

All the kids but three got hits on a 5 gallon metal tar bucket @ 285 lazed yards, me calling the wind for them. (The ones that missed, just ignored me & shot their 5 rounds.)

WildernessMeans.com for all your Marksmanship & wilderness living/survival training.

Friend me on FB: Ex Umbra

Nice rifle and great shooting! Center X is the stuff...

naw center X is junk, go with with yellow jackets. LOL

tresmon, greath shooting,
by the way your not the tresmon, that has shot with us in conover NC, at the TSC match

Send that baby to Darrell at the Lapua test center in Mesa AZ and let him find you the BEST lot for that beast!!!!!

Tell me more.... My rifle shoots good at 100yds but I'm always wanting more out of it..

3 shots 100yds 1" spot

BTW... Great shootig!!!

Impressive! After all I've read about 200 being pretty much the max practical range of the .22lr this thread makes me want to try a 6x5 challenge [MENTION=89035]300[/MENTION]y just for s's n g's. I've only plinked at rocks and steel at the range you shot this boss group at.
Thanks for sharing this.

.7MOA at 348yds. would be good with a centerfire. Nice shooting. How did the addition of the barrel tuner effect the rifles performance?

Thanks everyone. I really hummed & hawed about posting this group thinking everyone would yell BS!

Barrel tuners are a big deal on all rifles. Especially rim fires since you cannot "work up" a load the rifle loves.

Slug-O;
Your likely gonna need a new custom premium barrel if you want to milk 100% accuracy out of what premium .22lr ammo can deliver. Besides having a bore so nice that when you push a pulled bullet through it it comes out looking like polished jewelry, and a TIGHT chamber for A GIVEN PREFERENCE of ammo, and a GIVEN rim thickness allowance in your bolt for the average for that ammo, you will need the rifle well bedded, and a third action screw created in the set up.

After that.................................in my 25+ years of competitive shooting -this- rifle with it's low velocity and long 26" barrel is the hardest to shoot accurately I have ever owned. The bullet is in the barrel for like ever. I must preload the bipod hard, hold the rifle hard hard, have perfect natural point of aim, not foul the shot and even AFTER I perceived recoil the cross hairs better STILL be 95% EXACTLY where I wanted to hit when I broke the shot or no deal- Flyer!!!! This rifle has upped my over all rifleman ship and when I do drive it right it boggles peeps mind. When I miss one dot or tittle in the NEEDY & DETAILED firing sequence, I can end up embarrassed.

On top of that the wee little low bc PISTOL AMMO shaped bullet at low velocity is so effected by wind that if you pay close attention it will not only teach you wind "drift" (99% of the time considered a horizontal component) but will teach you up and down draft effects on the bullet per the movement of the wind over the landscape. It's a round I love to hate, the Yoda of rifle/caliber teachers- at range. Most days it baffles my mind at what it can do. Other days it convinces me I need to start over with a rubber band gun and I'm not worthy to burn powder. in the end, this is the most fun factor of anything I have ever owned that goes bang. Like a hot A$$ high spirited spunky buck wild girlfriend that despite the fact she loves you most, God knows what she is going to do next despite your best attempts.

Last edited:
See I was thinking that too. I called Lila and they don't make a barrel for an CZ452. I think I'm at the end with what I have and will buy an 455 and work from there.

Thanks, Slug-O

See I was thinking that too. I called Lila and they don't make a barrel for an CZ452. I think I'm at the end with what I have and will buy an 455 and work from there.

Thanks, Slug-O
I said get a premium barrel. Thats a SS metal bar with a rifled hole through the center, no external machining done, no threads, etc and I assure Lilja has stellar examples of these. ANY 16" twist barrel blank will work. Your gunsmith will thread,chamber, crown and torque it to your CZ action. 22-26" finished length seems to be the kitties whiskers fo max accuracy. (your gunsmith will cut/machine the blank to final length.)

Last edited:

I'd like to hear the how-to detail on that and associated cost!

I dont have the contact information for the Lapua Test Center in Mesa AZ but I am sure you can find it real easy. The guy who runs it is Darrell Stettmeier he is one hell of a nice guy.
What you do is you send him your barreled action and tell him what ammo you want tested IE SK or Lapua. He tests every lot of every type you want tested and sends you the results via email. You pick what lots of what type you like and you buy it. You must buy by the case. All the sales are done thru a vender like Champions.

Good luck guys