• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McMillan Z10 contour choice

Eric32

USAF
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 14, 2011
    Tennessee
    I just traded for a McMillan Z10 I like the stock alot. But I have no clue what barrel contours would balance out the rifle for barricades.

Here are the build specs
    R700 223
    TT primary
    I have a SDN6 can that has been converted to a Q mounting system
    Undecided on scope as of yet

Or is there some modeling program that based on stock and suppressor and scope generates a solution for contour and barrel length choice.

Mcmillan makes brass length of pull spacers that will help balance the rifle.

Reactions: Gil P.
    I would like to balance it without the ckyepod attached since that's how I run barricade stages.

I am also taking your switch barrel advice and copying your barrel setup on my MPA. Using a tenacity and prefit barrels with wrench flats on the ends.

But the Z10 I won't be switching anything up and it will be my rifle that I lend out to friends that wanna shoot.

Yea the z10 has a full arca rail.

I think a 24inch m24/40 might be the way to go.

You notice any sustained fire accuracy issues with the palma contours. I am talking the 12 rds rapid strings.

Yea the z10 has a full arca rail.

I think a 24inch m24/40 might be the way to go.

You notice any sustained fire accuracy issues with the palma contours. I am talking the 12 rds rapid strings.
    I never noticed any with my heavy palma barrel.

I've got my RimX with 20" MTU in a Z10 right now. It sits a little rear heavy until I add my ckye pod, then it balances very well off barricades (not that it terrible without). When I put my 26" M24 308 BA in the Z10 with a can (OSS, which is heavy), its a bit too front heavy for my liking, especially with a bipod.
    IMO the 24" M24 will be offer good balance, especially with a can on the end.

I am planning using a converted SDN 6 or a 30PSS which ever shoots better

20" Heavy Varmint 22lr
    Balances with Super CAL and A419 plate

28" Heavy Palma 6XC
    Balances with nothing

24" Heavy Palma 223
    Balances with SCAL