• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

McWhorter Custom 6BR

Dustin C

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Ar
Just wanting to let you guys see my newest build.
Stiller Predator
24" #4 Fluted Hart barrel 1-8" twist
McMillan swirl in Remington Sporter
Jewell Trigger
Talley lightweight rings
Gun is alot of fun to shoot and scary accurate. Tim McWhorter and Allan Rovig build some great guns Ive owned several and havent been let down by any of them
Thanks
Dustin
DSC03182.jpg

DSC03183.jpg

Re: McWhorter Custom 6BR

that is truly an outstanding all around rifle and caliber. very good on paper, varmints, or lighter big game.

chuck

Thanks man Im hoping to cause a little havoc with it around deer season
Thanks
Dustin

That is my dream rifle. I have a custom 6br (Jim Borden) but with a 14 twist. If i had to do it over it would be exactly the same barrel as yours. What's the turn around time on a Mcwhorter build?

I've got a custom 6BR built on a Model 7. You'll have a great time with it. Mine is stupid accurate with 87gr V-Max going 3000 FPS. Only killed a rabbit with it so far. Hopefully it'll take a few yotes this winter. ENJOY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is my dream rifle. I have a custom 6br (Jim Borden) but with a 14 twist. If i had to do it over it would be exactly the same barrel as yours. What's the turn around time on a Mcwhorter build? </div></div>
If he has everything in stock which he normally does about 4-6 weeks. They do great work!!
Thanks
Dustin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shakey yankee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a custom 6BR built on a Model 7. You'll have a great time with it. Mine is stupid accurate with 87gr V-Max going 3000 FPS. Only killed a rabbit with it so far. Hopefully it'll take a few yotes this winter. ENJOY! </div></div>
Right now im running the 105 VLD with good results. 31gr of rl 15 is getting me 2850fps...I bet the 87 grain V-Max is excellent yote medicene

The way it took the rabbits head off, I can't wait to shoot a yote with it. You should try the 87's.

i have a 6br on a Nesika model C action with a Krieger 1:12 twist Jewell 6oz,in a Shehane Tracker stock that shoots 80 grain Starke's, 80grain Fowler's and 85 grain Watson's better than my PPC's at 200-600 yards. I just cleaned out a bunch from my safe, but the 6br and my 243 Ackley 1:8 Krieger will never go.