• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

If you were patient and took your time, you could do 95% of the same job with a hacksaw and a single cut file, if you can’t find a milling machine locally

Yeah, I'm not that patient. But at least I know that....

Just giving you an option, my man, just giving you an option :cool:

Sorry if it came off as me not appreciating the suggestion - I do appreciate it. But I also know that if I try that my chassis is going to look like a train wreck.

Sorry if it came off as me not appreciating the suggestion - I do appreciate it. But I also know that if I try that my chassis is going to look like a train wreck.

No worries.
That particular operation doesn’t require a 5 axis CNC vertical machining center and held to 0.0001” tolerance. Sure it would be nice to have the capability, but if it meant putting the rifle together and test firing, or waiting weeks or months for a Bridgeport, I’m breaking out the saws and files, then going to the range.
Down here in Mobile, AL, we can shoot year round with summer being the “rough time of year”. Winter lasts about 20 minutes each year.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_Josh and MDT were kind enough to lend me an ACC to play with.

I am torn between telling the truth (this thing is awesome) and lying (because it give a genuine competitive advantage),

I ordered mine, the grip, the stock weight, the internal foreend weight and the bag rider as all was listed "In Stock". Got the box and viola - bag rider and internal weights not there but a little note saying sorry. Was disappointed as verified they were in stock before i ordered ... having a ERP system that delivers real time inventory would be nice ... still the MDT CS was nice, but drove me a little nuts.

MDT ACC rides lower than the MPA (more of your action sits above the chassis) .. probably 1/4 - 1/8 higher. Grid is interesting texture (though I texture the MPA grips myself with a stippling iron as that crappy 'textured' tape sucks).

Build qual looks good - i mounted my 6CM Mausingfield with marksman barrel that MHSA did for me into it.

I ordered mine, the grip, the stock weight, the internal foreend weight and the bag rider as all was listed "In Stock". Got the box and viola - bag rider and internal weights not there but a little note saying sorry. Was disappointed as verified they were in stock before i ordered ... having a ERP system that delivers real time inventory would be nice ... still the MDT CS was nice, but drove me a little nuts.

MDT ACC rides lower than the MPA (more of your action sits above the chassis) .. probably 1/4 - 1/8 higher. Grid is interesting texture (though I texture the MPA grips myself with a stippling iron as that crappy 'textured' tape sucks).

Build qual looks good - i mounted my 6CM Mausingfield with marksman barrel that MHSA did for me into it.
Hey @craigos, sorry to hear about our slip up with the incorrect inventory, but I am glad we were able to make it right. If you need anything else from us and want to ensure it is in stock, be sure to let me know!

I would also love to see a picture of your build and hear some of your initial impressions.

Reactions: craigos
Here's a photo of my ACC on my 223 at last wknds club match.
UNSC36.JPG

This chassis really hits all the marks.

They focused on all the elements and nailed them, I am gonna do a podcast with MDT next week and we have a chassis here to play with, super impressed

I agree, they really hit all the little things. Couldnt be more impressed with it. They sent me one too. Ill get a video up from yesterday this weekend.

Hey @craigos, sorry to hear about our slip up with the incorrect inventory, but I am glad we were able to make it right. If you need anything else from us and want to ensure it is in stock, be sure to let me know!

I would also love to see a picture of your build and hear some of your initial impressions.

will post a pic this weekend, taking it out to shoot this weekend.

Does anyone know if you can remove your bolt without taking the cheek piece off completely or removing the action? I really liked their ESS chassis and deciding if i want the ACC or ESS.

Does anyone know if you can remove your bolt without taking the cheek piece off completely or removing the action? I really liked their ESS chassis and deciding if i want the ACC or ESS.

In all of the ACC inlets and most of the ESS inlets you can remove the bolt without having to remove your cheek riser. We notched it out so that even the LA bolts will clear it. Only the Tikka is a bit of an issue in the ESS.

Reactions: doxb
Things I would like to see:

Notches/Numbers on the guide pin things for comb height and LOP as well as color codes on the adjustment wheel. Would make it easier to swap between 2 or more different shooters.

A bag rider configured like an atlas bipod angle adjustment. 2 Positions, flat and angled that way you don't have to choose. Just push a button and change the angle. (XLR has a bag rider that you can flip around for angled vs flat but it isn't a quick thing, you need to undo bolts etc. That being said, the XLR doesn't have as nice of a LOP and comb height adjustment)

I am probably alone in this but a F Class front bag rider (3" wide, with 2" tall flat sides) adapter for the ARCA Swiss rail.

Things I would like to see:

Notches/Numbers on the guide pin things for comb height and LOP as well as color codes on the adjustment wheel. Would make it easier to swap between 2 or more different shooters.

A bag rider configured like an atlas bipod angle adjustment. 2 Positions, flat and angled that way you don't have to choose. Just push a button and change the angle. (XLR has a bag rider that you can flip around for angled vs flat but it isn't a quick thing, you need to undo bolts etc. That being said, the XLR doesn't have as nice of a LOP and comb height adjustment)

I am probably alone in this but a F Class front bag rider (3" wide, with 2" tall flat sides) adapter for the ARCA Swiss rail.

We already have implemented the numbers on the alignment pins on the cheek riser/buttstock for the ACC buttstock, and is a feature we may roll out to other buttstocks in the future. Colour codes on the wheels was considered, but lasered and numbered alignment pins were the better option.

We do have our m-lok bag rider (https://mdttac.ca/collections/accessories/products/m-lok-rear-bag-rider) but the angle is not adjustable. I agree that it would be an interesting feature, however not many shooters are asking for bag riders.

We also have done very small runs of wide, front m-lok bag riders in the past (3" wide x 6" long or so) and you could always email [email protected] to request one :)

Reactions: Saf3sh00t3r
Wjats the black thing on the foreend - like a rrs rail custion? details?
It's an ESC Dynamics Gittings Skid pad, made by Ethan up here in the PNW. They're super handy on a chassis like this when running a stage with shorter time limits and a lot of positions! You can buy them here (http://escdynamicgear.com/product/gittings-equalizer-skid-pad/) and I highly reccomend them for the money. I ran one at the Blue Ridge PRS Match last weekend (which @jstuck624 was at too) and there were some stages it was absolutely perfect for!

I installled a tubb t7t on my mausingfield in the MDT ACC, once th bag rider and front weights land (next week) will take her out and take pics. Glad MDT put enough clearance in the trigger space for the tubb, every other chassis you got to mill.

Hey ya, @MDT_Josh; does MDT plan on offering a left hand inlet for the ACC on your website, or should we plan on doing the mods ourselves?

Hey @Bkolmsted , LH for the R700 or another inlet? I am not really allowed to tell you either way as we haven't officially announced anything yet, but we will continue to roll out variations over the next couple months ;) As a lefty myself, I am always pushing for us Southpaws though!

I installled a tubb t7t on my mausingfield in the MDT ACC, once th bag rider and front weights land (next week) will take her out and take pics. Glad MDT put enough clearance in the trigger space for the tubb, every other chassis you got to mill.

Great to hear you had no issues with that combo! We oversized the trigger pocket inletting like crazy on this chassis so that no one should need to mill out anything :D

Hey @Bkolmsted , LH for the R700 or another inlet? I am not really allowed to tell you either way as we haven't officially announced anything yet, but we will continue to roll out variations over the next couple months ;) As a lefty myself, I am always pushing for us Southpaws though!

Ok, fair enough. Stay out of trouble; but yes, was inquiring about standard LH rem 700 SA.
Thanks for the heads up and advocating for us! ??

Josh,

Are they planning on inletting these for the Savage guys as well? Thanks.
There are a lot of inlet requests coming in and we are going to be constantly adding to the website over the next few months :) I can't confirm anything yet, but if you keep your eyes on the website, you should see something pop up in a little while!

Reactions: Got Diesel
@MDT_Josh The ACC description states -
  • Uses our proprietary ESS buttstock interface
Will the folding stock be an option with the ACC? If yes, would it change the LOP? Also, the lower opening on both the ESS folder and the ACC stock appear to be the same. Will the weight work on the ESS Folder?

Thanks

@MDT_Josh The ACC description states -
  • Uses our proprietary ESS buttstock interface
Will the folding stock be an option with the ACC? If yes, would it change the LOP? Also, the lower opening on both the ESS folder and the ACC stock appear to be the same. Will the weight work on the ESS Folder?

Thanks

At launch the folder is not an option yet, but I believe it will be coming online soon! The ESS folder was designed specifically for this interface to not change the LOP, but have a crazy amount of features, including being the only double hinge folder on the market right now that is also ambidextrous and able to fold over the bolt handle!

The weight pocket in the ACC buttstock is the same as the one in the ESS, ESS folder and Skeleton Rifle Stock V5 :D

At launch the folder is not an option yet, but I believe it will be coming online soon! The ESS folder was designed specifically for this interface to not change the LOP, but have a crazy amount of features, including being the only double hinge folder on the market right now that is also ambidextrous and able to fold over the bolt handle!

The weight pocket in the ACC buttstock is the same as the one in the ESS, ESS folder and Skeleton Rifle Stock V5 :D

@MDT_Josh was there a particular reason that the ACC chassis moved to a minimum of 14" LOP versus the ESS 13.5" LOP? It looks like the ACC buttstock is a little different than the ESS one where it attaches..?

Last edited:
I couldn't find it on the website, is the butt pad adjustable for anything but LOP? Will it tilt or go up and down?
1542816749308.png

1542816786641.png

1542816914704.png

Sorry for the "quick and dirty" solidworks screenshots, but it's still early over here on the West Coast. We will be adding something to the website in the next few months, but essentially your adjustments are: cheek riser up/down + tilt left/right + pan left/right, buttpad in/out (LOP) + slide up/down + cant left/right + pan right/left. Hopefully this illustrates the adjustment a little more :)

@MDT_Josh was there a particular reason that the ACC chassis moved to a minimum of 14" LOP versus the ESS 13.5" LOP? It looks like the ACC buttstock is a little different than the ESS one where it attaches..?
Not entirely sure why that changed, but the interface on the chassis is probably just a 0.5" further forward. They use exactly the same buttstock body, but are assembled in slightly different ways.

Reactions: Tmm01 and adamjma
View attachment 6973836
View attachment 6973837
View attachment 6973839
Sorry for the "quick and dirty" solidworks screenshots, but it's still early over here on the West Coast. We will be adding something to the website in the next few months, but essentially your adjustments are: cheek riser up/down + tilt left/right + pan left/right, buttpad in/out (LOP) + slide up/down + cant left/right + pan right/left. Hopefully this illustrates the adjustment a little more :)

Quick and dirty is fine by me! I love seeing the SW models! I am a user myself. I think your chassis checks all the boxes for adjust-ability! I hope to get my hands on one sometime soon.

Quick and dirty is fine by me! I love seeing the SW models! I am a user myself. I think your chassis checks all the boxes for adjust-ability! I hope to get my hands on one sometime soon.
That's great to hear and the production runs are going ahead, full tilt right now so I hope we get one in your hands sometime soon!

Not entirely sure why that changed, but the interface on the chassis is probably just a 0.5" further forward. They use exactly the same buttstock body, but are assembled in slightly different ways.

Got it. I've been running a ridiculously short LOP of just over 12.5" and the jump to 14" has me wondering what that would be like. I've shot a 13.5" LOP before, but seem more comfy behind shorter LOPs.

View attachment 6973836
View attachment 6973837
View attachment 6973839

i didnt know you could swivel the cheek piece. I shot the chassis today (got hte bag rider yesterday, still waiting on the internal weights that were backordered), I think the bag rider could be wider for more stability, but in a 6CM that weight - well without the internal weights (i have the bag rider, buttstock weight and 2 pair of external weights) that baby doesnt move much when you detonate. very nice ....

Last edited:
i didnt know you could swivel the cheek piece. I shot the chassis today (got hte bag rider yesterday, still waiting on the internal weights that were backordered), I think the bag rider could be wider for more stability, but in a 6CM that weight - well without the internal weights (i have the bag rider, buttstock weight and 2 pair of external weights) that baby does move. very nice ....
Yeah, there are a lot of little features like that all over our chassis/stocks! Did you notice that there is a channel on the underside of the forend that is about the same thickness as grip tape too? ;) We'll be doing a video in a little while here that explains some of the "hidden" features.

I apologize for the wait times on some of the ACC accessories, but I promise that we're making them as quick as we can.

We shot a 28 lb 6 Creed back in July and it was incredible how little recoil there was!

Reactions: JS624
Ordered at 3:00... Shipping notice by 7:00. Wow! Not only impressed by the product the service is incredible too.

Thanks

Last edited: