• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

Had to bet a MPA for now. Hopefully early next year they will have the ACC in South Paw version then will be able to swap the chassis out.

It's an ESC Dynamics Gittings Skid pad, made by Ethan up here in the PNW. They're super handy on a chassis like this when running a stage with shorter time limits and a lot of positions! You can buy them here (http://escdynamicgear.com/product/gittings-equalizer-skid-pad/) and I highly reccomend them for the money. I ran one at the Blue Ridge PRS Match last weekend (which @jstuck624 was at too) and there were some stages it was absolutely perfect for!

Which one did you order Josh, I see a bunch of chassis listed but not the mdt acc. thanks.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I ordered the one for MPA width and it worked just fine :) I am not sure which one @jstuck624 is running, but I suspect it is the same. If you have any issues with the width, I am sure Ethan would exchange it for you.

Reactions: craigos
Got mine today. Impact dropped right in

7E39D8F6-5991-4537-96ED-F000B9B41D88.jpeg

Last edited:
Does the butstock pad adjust for cant?
Does the Checkrest adjust left and right?
Does the bottom of the chassis have holes for the quick barrier stops like the MPA chassis, or just M-Lok slots?

Does the butstock pad adjust for cant?
Does the Checkrest adjust left and right?
Does the bottom of the chassis have holes for the quick barrier stops like the MPA chassis, or just M-Lok slots?

Yes

Yes

No the forend has mlok and arca/rrs dovetail.

@JGR1953 is right and you should have all that adjustment! The only thing you lose out on a little is the buttpad cant adjustment a little as we went to the second guide rod for more rigidity!

Ok. It’s a semi permanent change sort of speak. I can’t see myself changing it often like I can on my AIAX. Thanks I had missed it.
67AC273C-EF20-4A34-BAA9-4612490E12A5.jpeg

E5855E9A-B992-4F14-A5F3-6896CB1052E8.jpeg

AB30E74D-2B5A-4FAC-8BAE-9A59C9210FBF.jpeg

@MDT_Josh Any plans to the ACC available with a folding stock? Also, any plans for black and FDE as color options?

Having some fit issues with my Ultimatum Deadline dropping in that @MDT_Josh is helping me sort out.

Cadex sheepdog action drops in perfectly though. I’m very happy with the chassis so far.

Attachments

• 795CA1EB-56D1-40F7-9765-23A78C71D0D6.jpeg
    795CA1EB-56D1-40F7-9765-23A78C71D0D6.jpeg
    500.7 KB · Views: 129
@MDT_Josh Any plans to the ACC available with a folding stock? Also, any plans for black and FDE as color options?

We are working on sorting out the correct process for having a folder available as well as a ton more colour options (FDE and Black included). I should have some more news for you in the next little while as the production backlog gets caught up.

We are working on sorting out the correct process for having a folder available as well as a ton more colour options (FDE and Black included). I should have some more news for you in the next little while as the production backlog gets caught up.

Any chance the folder will lower the shortest LOP from the 14" in the fixed version? That's the only thing about the ACC I don't love.

Any chance the folder would be able to be retrofitted on a current chassis? Thinking if I should buy one now or wait

Any chance the folder would be able to be retrofitted on a current chassis? Thinking if I should buy one now or wait
Well it'll just be an upgraded ESS folder, so yes, it could be retrofitted, but you will have to sell the fixed stock later. Up to you either way and I am not 100% sure when we'll have the ACC folder released.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Well it'll just be an upgraded ESS folder, so yes, it could be retrofitted, but you will have to sell the fixed stock later. Up to you either way and I am not 100% sure when we'll have the ACC folder released.

Welp between that and the NV bridge you cost me a lot of money sir. Even if it takes awhile I can wait so long as it’s coming eventually.

Welp between that and the NV bridge you cost me a lot of money sir. Even if it takes awhile I can wait so long as it’s coming eventually.
Yeah, these projects can quite quickly add up! I can't guarantee the NV bridge, but the folder we should have some developments soon. Keep an eye on the hide as well as our website and social media for possible updates :)

Josh, will the 13” LOP fixed stock be available for those of us with the earlier 14” versions? Just curious if the buttstock itself is being modified and whether or not it will be compatible with current chassis.

Josh, will the 13” LOP fixed stock be available for those of us with the earlier 14” versions? Just curious if the buttstock itself is being modified and whether or not it will be compatible with current chassis.
Good question and it'll be a modification to the chassis. not the buttstock. The LOP will only be shortened 0.25-0.5", so it won't really affect most people unless you are right on the edge of it not fitting correctly right now.

Well, thought I had a really good idea to incorporate the “cowgate” style barricade stops into the ACC, unfortunately there are just some minor things that are going to make it a little more difficult than planned.

I originally wanted to create a sort of “insert” that would fit snugly inside the M-Lok relief cut in the barrel channel. I was then going to drill 1/4” holes in the insert that would basically give the barricade stop poles/detents something to lock onto, similar to the RAT system.

That all went as planned - the insert and drilling holes is the easy part. However, the barricade stops, when inserted and locked into place, are allowed to move freely due to the M-Lok slots on the bottom side of the chassis. The stops lock into place on the insert as I wanted, but the cut-outs allow too much play in the stop itself. I could probably use it as it is, but as I told Josh... this was always going to be the solution to a problem that never existed with this chassis.

The thought is there, the execution of it is just more hassle than it’s worth when I can use a good bag and get the same results. I did want to post my findings in case someone had a similar idea or could think of a better way to make this happen. A vertical mill would make this job quite simple I have a feeling, but with limited tools to work with and for something that already has a pretty good alternate solution, I conceded on this project, LOL.

Attachments

• 2B8BD4DE-10D6-4BB9-BCF2-632A48C18175.jpeg
    2B8BD4DE-10D6-4BB9-BCF2-632A48C18175.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 90DAEB0C-4957-4E34-8AA2-854EE7CF1FB6.jpeg
    90DAEB0C-4957-4E34-8AA2-854EE7CF1FB6.jpeg
    499.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 9E0747D4-3EFB-48FD-9583-F121CE1492E3.jpeg
    9E0747D4-3EFB-48FD-9583-F121CE1492E3.jpeg
    726.4 KB · Views: 162
  • 5842F7C6-6E9C-4CC8-811E-98EBF8D0869E.jpeg
    5842F7C6-6E9C-4CC8-811E-98EBF8D0869E.jpeg
    695 KB · Views: 162
  • 5813FA6E-65BA-44DB-9468-C8CEA541A7BA.jpeg
    5813FA6E-65BA-44DB-9468-C8CEA541A7BA.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 160
@MDT_Josh when the ACC folder is available, will it only be available as a separate upgrade or will we be able to get a complete chassis with the folding buttstock?

Still working out the logistics, but yes, you should be able to select it as a standard option (at an up charge) when you're building your chassis on our site. Much like the ESS is right now ;)

@MDT_Josh ....I am assuming that grips from other companies will work as well?

Yep! All of our chassis (including the ACC) are directly compatible with all AR15 grips.

Decided to take the plunge and go with the non-folder. I'm still waiting on my barrelled action but got the chassis setup this weekend including the weights and grip (waiting on the bag rider). All went well until I got to the buttstock weight when the 3 provided screws would not cleanly thread into the weight to secure it to the stock. All 3 were a tight fit and one would not thread to the required depth. I removed all 3 screws and chased the threads to clean them up and it seems like whatever the weights were coated with were down in the threads. All is good now and the ACC is a sweet setup, but curious if anyone else had similar issues when installing the buttstock weight?

Decided to take the plunge and go with the non-folder. I'm still waiting on my barrelled action but got the chassis setup this weekend including the weights and grip (waiting on the bag rider). All went well until I got to the buttstock weight when the 3 provided screws would not cleanly thread into the weight to secure it to the stock. All 3 were a tight fit and one would not thread to the required depth. I removed all 3 screws and chased the threads to clean them up and it seems like whatever the weights were coated with were down in the threads. All is good now and the ACC is a sweet setup, but curious if anyone else had similar issues when installing the buttstock weight?

Nope, mine went in without issue.

The Impact Actions have probably the largest trigger hanger system out there for commonly found R700 SA clones. That hanger drove us to open up our inletting even further during the development of the ACC chassis!

Haven’t read this entire thread, so I apologize if this has been covered.

Got to briefly try out the ACC over the weekend.

Seemed to be a common opinion the mag release is a little small or doesn’t stick out far enough from the chassis. Not sure if there is a larger mag release available or not.

Seemed very good overall despite this minor observation.

Haven’t read this entire thread, so I apologize if this has been covered.

Got to briefly try out the ACC over the weekend.

Seemed to be a common opinion the mag release is a little small or doesn’t stick out far enough from the chassis. Not sure if there is a larger mag release available or not.

Seemed very good overall despite this minor observation.

Thanks for the kind words and observations! The mag release came up a handful of times during development, but in the end, we decided to stick with what we had used on the ESS and LSS-XL Gen2. We feel that we have split the difference between being small enough that it will not catch or snag on anything, and being large enough that it is easy to use ambidextrously and with gloves.

Again, if there are enough requests for an oversized latch, we may be able to do a machined run?

Thanks for the kind words and observations! The mag release came up a handful of times during development, but in the end, we decided to stick with what we had used on the ESS and LSS-XL Gen2. We feel that we have split the difference between being small enough that it will not catch or snag on anything, and being large enough that it is easy to use ambidextrously and with gloves.

Again, if there are enough requests for an oversized latch, we may be able to do a machined run?

Lots of guys out there running it. So I’m sure it works really well for them. Lots of small features that add up to equal big features in the chassis. ?

its all about training with your equipment. I finished the ACC drop gun stage this weekend in 42 seconds, broke a shot off the edge so i didn't clean it but never had an issue all weekend with mags on the acc chassis.

Not entirely sure why that changed, but the interface on the chassis is probably just a 0.5" further forward. They use exactly the same buttstock body, but are assembled in slightly different ways.

Unfortunately, that rules it out as a choice, for me - and for anyone with shorter arms. Have you guys considered releasing a shorter buttstock option? I run a 13.5" LOP, and could really use 13.25".

Reactions: adamjma
They are working on shorter LOP but it sounded like 13.5” would be as short as it will go.

Echoing what others have said, this chassis is awesome as is. Mag release does take a little familiarization, but I’ve had zero issues with it now that I’m used to it.

Attachments

• 5EB7B06D-088A-4E1B-9AFB-A56D612380A6.jpeg
    5EB7B06D-088A-4E1B-9AFB-A56D612380A6.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: davere
Decided to go with the ACC for my latest build. My still waiting on my barrel and glass but man I really do like this chassis. Looking forward to having everything put together