• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

Unfortunately, that rules it out as a choice, for me - and for anyone with shorter arms. Have you guys considered releasing a shorter buttstock option? I run a 13.5" LOP, and could really use 13.25".
I’m with this guy ☝?☝?

Can't say too much yet, but we're making some changes ;)

Reactions: adamjma and davere
Hi all, can you talk me through what weights you used and what the objective was? My action and barrel make my rifle quite front heavy. I was going to get a rear weight but my retailer in australia didn’t have the rear weight/bag rider.

Is there a video somewhere about setting it up perhaps?

Not sure if this has been answered yet but does the buttstock pad cant left and right? I know I can move up and down and LOP can be adjusted

Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but can anyone tell me the width of the forend? I see that the internal weights are 1.44”, but I can’t find how wide it is from the two outside faces of the forend. Thanks!

Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but can anyone tell me the width of the forend? I see that the internal weights are 1.44”, but I can’t find how wide it is from the two outside faces of the forend. Thanks!

Side note: finish is not durable at all. My calipers easily rubbed it off.

• Wow
Reactions: eveyoz and samb300
Hi all, can you talk me through what weights you used and what the objective was? My action and barrel make my rifle quite front heavy. I was going to get a rear weight but my retailer in australia didn’t have the rear weight/bag rider.

Is there a video somewhere about setting it up perhaps?

First of all, thanks everyone for jumping in and answering questions!

Secondly, the reasoning behind the weights was for total balance of the system @eveyoz . By adding and removing weight in the buttstock/forend channel you can alter where your rifle balances and make it easier to shoot off of unstable positions. With a heavy barrel, action and scope, your barreled action will weigh anywhere from 8-13 lbs, and the chassis allows you to add anywhere from 5-13 lbs or so to that.

The common trend in the NRL and PRS right now is to build heavier rifles (20-25 lb finished weight), not have to hike them very far between stages and be very stable in a huge variety of positions. Additionally, the weights can all be removed for a field/team match where you need to hike 10 miles in a day and you can run the same chassis for both!

First of all, thanks everyone for jumping in and answering questions!

Secondly, the reasoning behind the weights was for total balance of the system @eveyoz . By adding and removing weight in the buttstock/forend channel you can alter where your rifle balances and make it easier to shoot off of unstable positions. With a heavy barrel, action and scope, your barreled action will weigh anywhere from 8-13 lbs, and the chassis allows you to add anywhere from 5-13 lbs or so to that.

The common trend in the NRL and PRS right now is to build heavier rifles (20-25 lb finished weight), not have to hike them very far between stages and be very stable in a huge variety of positions. Additionally, the weights can all be removed for a field/team match where you need to hike 10 miles in a day and you can run the same chassis for both!

Thanks Josh, I held off getting any weights because the rear weight wasn’t available.

I’m hoping someone does a video showing their process, I’ve seen someone say they were aiming to balance theirs just in front of the magazine.

I understand that the bag rider is also a weight, and that those front chassis weights have qd flush cups in them?

Attachments

• 643A56B5-F3C4-4477-8C10-FD061FF81D96.jpeg
    643A56B5-F3C4-4477-8C10-FD061FF81D96.jpeg
    529.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Thanks Josh, I held off getting any weights because the rear weight wasn’t available.

I’m hoping someone does a video showing their process, I’ve seen someone say they were aiming to balance theirs just in front of the magazine.

I understand that the bag rider is also a weight, and that those front chassis weights have qd flush cups in them?

No worries and the rear, buttstock weight will be available again soon!

There are a handful of videos in the works now that will show a full installation and balancing of all of the components of the ACC! I will try to remember to post them when they are online and public.

The bag rider does add a little weight, but it is not steel so it's not as heavy as you'd think. Also, yes, the forend weights all have a QD flush cup machined in so that you can have a sling point wherever you'd like or room for other accessories.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Some spots appear to be shiny metal
View attachment 7034433

Others just look like rub Mark's

View attachment 7034434

Hmm ?. Very interesting. Maybe your calipers are extremely sharp.. on another note you can hardly tell those marks are there. I’ve scratched cerekote up before with a sharp nail sticking slightly out of a baracade. No biggie, it’s aluminum

Reactions: MDT_Josh
It will only rub off if you catch it with the sharper end of the calipers. If you just go flat-to-flat then you are right, it should hold up just fine :)

Hey exactly what I was thinking. Just saw your post about it lol ??

No worries and the rear, buttstock weight will be available again soon!

There are a handful of videos in the works now that will show a full installation and balancing of all of the components of the ACC! I will try to remember to post them when they are online and public.

The bag rider does add a little weight, but it is not steel so it's not as heavy as you'd think. Also, yes, the forend weights all have a QD flush cup machined in so that you can have a sling point wherever you'd like or room for other accessories.

Great! I’ve bought the chassis and placed my tikka into it now. It’s not far off being balanced slightly in front of the mag well.

Those videos would be handy and the theory behind choosing where the rifle is balanced would also be handy before I invest in the weights.

I haven’t shot it yet but I’m pretty impressed with the quality, I had one of the early hs3 stocks and it’s clear that MDT has really improved and grown over the last few years!

Last edited:
@MDT_Josh do you happen to know the rationale as to why the butt pad module on the ACC has 1 screw and 2 stabilizer bars but the butt pad module on the skeleton rifle stock has one screw and only one stabilizer bar even though the main buttstock piece appears to support a module with 2 bars?

@MDT_Josh do you happen to know the rationale as to why the butt pad module on the ACC has 1 screw and 2 stabilizer bars but the butt pad module on the skeleton rifle stock has one screw and only one stabilizer bar even though the main buttstock piece appears to support a module with 2 bars?

Yes. I believe that what you're talking about are what we call the buttstock guide rods and they are the two aluminum rods that go through the back of the main buttstock body to stop the buttpad assembly from wanting to rotate on you. See picture below:

So the ACC is slightly different in that area of design in the fact that the piece that those two guide rods and threaded rod attach to (which then also attaches to the buttpad) is solid and made of steel. That steel piece acts as another, integral weight and gives you 0.5 lbs or so at one of the furthest points from your balance point. Additionally, it is different to the aluminum piece that is on the SRS V5, SCS and ESS buttstock in that it has a provision for the second guide rod.

The second guide rod was requested from our sponsored shooters at the time that wanted the most rigid lockup on their buttstock without having to use tools. With only one guide rod, you can get a little it of rocking (that you can eliminate by turning the thumbwheel a turn or so to snug everything up) whereas the second guide rod allows you to completely lock down the LOP adjustment and snug up again with the LOP adjust thumbwheel.

I hope that all makes sense... still on my first cup of coffee for the morning.

Reactions: Gunfighter716
All my other precision rifles are in the 11lb - 14lb weight range, that's fully setup for matches or hunting. It's not difficult to get there with some minor compromises: Carbon Manners, 20-23' tubes, XLR Cheek riser, Varmint/Med Palma contours etc. I've always frowned upon the uber heavy gamer-guns that are all the range. Something about anchor setups seems outside the ethos of practical rifle shooting, so I've always kept an eye on weight when speccing a build.

That said I'm keen to see what life is like on the dark side of gravity, and since I love numbers and tinkering I did some educated guesses as to the weight range I'll be playing with using the MDT ACC.

Previous setup - Tikka 6BR in Manners T5: 5.9kg/13lb (includes atlas bipod)

6BR Weight with ACC Chassis:
Barreld Action + Brake/Scope/Rail/Rings: 3.9kg
Bare ACC Chassis: 2.7kg
Internal Weight System x 5 weights: 1.2kg
Accu-Tac SR-5 Bipod: 0.56kg
10rd AICS Mag: 0.24kg
Chasis Grip + Pic Rail: 0.1kg
Weight Less Backordered Items: 8.7kg/19.2lb

+ Backordered Items:

External Weight System x 3 Pairs: 1.1kg
Chassis buttstocks Weight: 0.29kg
Chassis Bag Rider: 0.06kg
Total weight with ordered items: 10.2kg/22.5lb

Lightest ACC Configuration:

Barreld Action + Brake/Scope/Rail/Rings: 3.9kg
Bare ACC Chassis: 2.7kg
Atlas Bipod: 0.37kg
10rd AICS Mag: 0.24kg
Chasis Grip + Pic Rail: 0.1kg
Total Weight 7.3kg/16.1lb

Highest Possible weight with additional items:

Extra x2 pair external weights: .7kg
26' .243 Shilen Barrel: + 0.3kg
Total possible weight with options: 11.2kg/24.7lb

I can go from 16.1lb - 24.7lb, which is a massive difference. When there's Lots of moving around/carrying the rifle in a field style match, or lots of sling shooting I can chuck all the weight off. Mostly prone/barricades with a minimal sling/legging the rifle, I can load it up. I just hope I can get happy setup behind the rifle - that's always been an issue with the chassis I've played with, so the jury is still out. Should be interesting all the same.

Last edited:
The ACC arrived yesterday, my tikka 6BR bolted in without fuss and I spent a couple of hours 'playing' with the various features and dry-firing while getting the system tailored to me.

The first thing that jumps out is just how well machined the ACC is, this is my first product from MDT and I wasn't sure what to expect - the fit and finish is simply outstanding.

The m-lok system works well too, installing the flush cup and pic rail was simple and the lock up appears to be very secure. I've got all five internal weights installed and the setup as pictured weighs 18.3lb, I've got a few of the external weights, a bag rider and the rear buttstock weight inbound, so I expect the total weight to be approaching 22.5lb. Interestingly, the total without the internal weights is right at 15.1lb - which is on the lighter side for a comp rifle. The point being that MDT nailed the weight range adjustability so users aren't married to a boat anchor if they want to strip some weight off - this really matters to me.

The buttstock system is very intuitive and the vertical grip adjustability is a masterstroke, I've got large hands and by pulling the grip all the way to the rear position I can get a perfect 90 deg finger position. I've yet to work out where all the set-screws go in the buttstock but I assume they substitute for the thumb screws as a more permanent arrangement.

Unfortunately there are some significant problems with my particular chassis - or at least with how the ACC interfaces with my RRS hardware. Both my Anvil 30 and my SC-LR clamp do not function with the Arca rail on the ACC. Which is to say that in the Halfway Open position the clamp is totally locked to the rail rather than being able to slide. And the force required to put the clamp in the Fully Closed position is white knuckle grip of death stuff, while opening from the closed position is even harder. I use the Anvil and SC-LR on other Arca rails and they functionsas intended there - so I can only assume that MDT have used a different rail spec. Perhaps @MDT_Josh can clarify. Also, to my knowledge the RRS clamps aren't user adjustable for clap tension (beyond the open, half open and closed positions), but if I'm mistaken there perhaps @MPHReallyRightStuff can correct me.

All up I'm pretty darn impressed. I'm a stock guy through and through and have been for years, but I'm keen to get some trigger time behind the MDT. If I can sort out the Arca issue there's really no way I can fault its execution towards the intended design brief.

BP

Edit - I got out my rubber hammer, attached the Mini fortune cookie bag via the RRS sc-lr clamp in the half open position - then gave it a a few solid nudges with the hammer. Managed to work the clamp across the ACC's Arca rail a number of times - this seems to have helped somewhat - getting the clamp into the final closed position is still a SOB, but it's definitely less difficult, I still can't easily slide the clamp in the half open position, but at least I can move it with a shove. I'm guessing with repeated use it will wear the Cerakote and continue to smooth out.

Last edited:
The ACC arrived yesterday, my tikka 6BR bolted in without fuss and I spent a couple of hours 'playing' with the various features and dry-firing while getting the system tailored to me.

View attachment 7042050

The first thing that jumps out is just how well machined the ACC is, this is my first product from MDT and I wasn't sure what to expect - the fit and finish is simply outstanding.

The m-lok system works well too, installing the flush cup and pic rail was simple and the lock up appears to be very secure. I've got all five internal weights installed and the setup as pictured weighs 18.3lb, I've got a few of the external weights, a bag rider and the rear buttstock weight inbound, so I expect the total weight to be approaching 22.5lb. Interestingly, the total weight without the internal weights was right at 15.1lb - which is on the lighter side for a comp rifle. The point being that MDT nailed the weight range adjustability so users aren't married to a boat anchor if they want to strip some weight off - this really matters to me.

The buttstock system is very intuitive and easy to use and the vertical grip adjustability is a masterstroke, I've got large hands and by pulling the grip all the way to the rear position I can get a perfect 90 deg finger position. Re the buttstock I've yet to work out where all the set-screws go but I assume they substitute for the thumb screws for a more permanent arrangement.

Unfortunately there are some significant problems with my particular chassis - or at least with how my ACC interfaces with my RRS hardware. Both my Anvil 30 and my SC-LR clamp do not function with the Arca rail on the ACC. Which is to say that in the Halfway Open position the clamp is totally locked to the rail rather than being able to slide. And the force required to put the clamp in the Fully Closed position is white knuckle grip of death stuff while opening from the closed position is even harder. I use my Anvil and SC-LR on other Arca rails and it functions as intended there - so I can only assume that MDT have used a different rail spec. Perhaps @MDT_Josh can clarify. Also, to my knowledge the RRS clamps aren't user adjustable for clap tension (beyond the open, half open and closed positions), but if I'm mistaken there perhaps @MPHReallyRightStuff can correct me.

All up I'm pretty darn impressed. I'm a stock guy through and through and have been for years, but I'm keen to get some trigger time behind the MDT. If I can sort out the Arca issue there's really no way I can fault its execution towards its intended design brief.

BP

Edit - I got out my rubber hammer, attached the Mini fortune cookie bag via the SC-LR clamp and gave it a a few solid nudges. Managed to work the clamp across the ACC's Arca rail a number of times - this seems to have helped somewhat - getting the clamp into the final closed position is still a SOB, but it's definitely less difficult, I still can't easily slide the clamp in the half open position, but at least I can move it with a shove. I'm guessing with repeated use it will wear the Cerakote and continue to smooth out.

I noticed on mine I was only able to slide my CkyePod on from the very end, I was not able to "hook" it around the dovetail like you can on other rails. I kinda got that impression from watching the video of Buck talking about it at shot also when he slides the CkyePod on and off from the end.

@BallisticPrimate and @Tactical Taz I appreciate the kind words and great review! We really did work hard on this chassis, and to see the early support it's getting makes me happy :)

To clarify the RRS/Arca dovetail issue, @MPHReallyRightStuff, myself and others we work with have had a few discussions on this offline and have come up with a solution. Essentially, this was our first go at machining the RRS dovetail into a chassis (rather than just a bolt on accessory) and the early ones had some slight... hiccups. This is only prevalent with the RRS lever clamps and you will not see it with the knob-type attachments (not sure what Buck was doing at SHOT lol). We have since corrected some of our machining processes, and are more than happy to switch out your chassis if you'd like?

PM me with questions and pictures if you're having problems :)

@BallisticPrimate and @Tactical Taz I appreciate the kind words and great review! We really did work hard on this chassis, and to see the early support it's getting makes me happy :)

To clarify the RRS/Arca dovetail issue, @MPHReallyRightStuff, myself and others we work with have had a few discussions on this offline and have come up with a solution. Essentially, this was our first go at machining the RRS dovetail into a chassis (rather than just a bolt on accessory) and the early ones had some slight... hiccups. This is only prevalent with the RRS lever clamps and you will not see it with the knob-type attachments (not sure what Buck was doing at SHOT lol). We have since corrected some of our machining processes, and are more than happy to switch out your chassis if you'd like?

PM me with questions and pictures if you're having problems :)

Hey @MDT_Josh , thanks for clarifying the situation. As mentioned I'm super impressed with the ACC, so much so I'm already considering another for my Surgeon. I'll send you a PM?

Will there be any way to shorten the length of pull in the future without buying an entire new buttstock assembly?