• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

Saf3sh00t3r

Gen. Ho Lee Faak
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 10, 2017
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone have one yet? The whole concept of adjusting weight, not a new innovation, seems to be pretty interesting.

428D2208-7040-4A73-AEA9-13661879A37F.jpeg

Reactions: acudaowner
    There are not a tonne out in the wild yet - a few select shooters have go to play with one so far.

@MDT_Josh will probably have the most information.

I'm just finishing assembly on three MDT LSS XL 700 SA's and they seem to be a very nice package. The flexibility of the carbine stock is very impressive.

Reactions: DMP
    @RyanM is right as we are only starting to ship them this week/next week. We have had a handful of top shooters run these chassis so far, with great results!

The guys who finished 9th and 16th at the NRL Finale last weekend were both running prototype ACC's. They have also racked up a few 2 day, points match wins without even being released yet: MLRSC 2018 - Tac Division, Bushnell Jurassic Classic 2018 - Tac Division, Carolina Summer Shootout - Tac division, The Firm Rifles Vortex Rampage - Tac division, and not to mention a whole host of other good placements all over the place.

If you'd like to give one of these a go, we are starting to ship now, contact your dealers or order from us directly, and if you don't like the chassis, then you can return it within 30 days, no questions asked!

Reactions: Cayjotiethumper
    @MDT_Josh are you able to tell me the dimensions of the interior weights? i'm curious if they would fit in between the plastic forearm and backbone on my chassis.

i just realized there would only be room enough for 1 exterior mlok weight on each side

@hookedonbrass the width of the weight is 1.440" (give or take a few thou), which is wider than the barrel channel in your KRG Bravo. In order to run the two side, m-lok weights and a few interior weights, you'd have to mill out a pocket for them to sit in, or remove material off the sides of the weight.

@RyanM is right as we are only starting to ship them this week/next week. We have had a handful of top shooters run these chassis so far, with great results!

The guys who finished 9th and 16th at the NRL Finale last weekend were both running prototype ACC's. They have also racked up a few 2 day, points match wins without even being released yet: MLRSC 2018 - Tac Division, Bushnell Jurassic Classic 2018 - Tac Division, Carolina Summer Shootout - Tac division, The Firm Rifles Vortex Rampage - Tac division, and not to mention a whole host of other good placements all over the place.

If you'd like to give one of these a go, we are starting to ship now, contact your dealers or order from us directly, and if you don't like the chassis, then you can return it within 30 days, no questions asked!

I ordered the chassis the day it made it on your website. I run an impact action, so I was curious to see how it would work. I also ordered all the weights. The only thing was a surprise was the fact it didn’t come with a grip and that had to be purchased separately.

I give it a go and see if this will work for me.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    I guess I need to order a grip as well. That is pretty weak to not include the grip.

I thought it was pretty clear on the website that the vertical grip is something you have to order separately (as are the weights).

From the product page on the MDT website:

"To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:

I ordered the chassis the day it made it on your website. I run an impact action, so I was curious to see how it would work. I also ordered all the weights. The only thing was a surprise was the fact it didn’t come with a grip and that had to be purchased separately.

I give it a go and see if this will work for me.

I am happy to hear you're excited about the chassis and I can almost 100% guarantee it'll work right out of the box for your Impact, as one of our sponsored shooters, who has been running this chassis, has had an Impact in his the whole time. Let me know what you think of it though!

Also, I am sorry for all the confusion on the grip @vol375, but @diverdon is right in that we wouldn't want to force you into using one type of grip :) Some people like vertical grips, others don't and a lot of people already have their favourite grip that they'd want to run on this chassis.

Josh

Mine just arrived!! I am impressed. Love everything about it!!

Mounted my Bighorn TL3, Kreiger HV 26" 6.5x47L in it. Pictures coming shortly

Only took me a minute to get this thing adjusted to me. Feels so natural behind it. The ability to slide the new grip forward and backward to get the perfect trigger finger placement is a really nice feature. Will get out to the range the first half of next week and start testing it out.

Only took me a minute to get this thing adjusted to me. Feels so natural behind it. The ability to slide the new grip forward and backward to get the perfect trigger finger placement is a really nice feature. Will get out to the range the first half of next week and start testing it out.

We are doing some more video and pictures today. I will post some

Have you used an AICS? How does it fit? Easy roast?

I've got twins!

IMG_9894.JPG

I've got a few hundred rounds through my .223 trainer in the ACC (and just enough through my 6 Creed to zero it) and I'm a big fan. It's great to be able to tune the weights to have the balance point right where you want it. I'm also really liking the vertical grip, it's perfect if you like to float your thumb/use the thumb shelf.

What is the barrel profile and length of the rifle in front? Trying to “calibrate” my eye for my own build... Thanks

Hi All - they look great. What does the chassis come with - the website seems very unclear .. with the vert grip? etc?

Hi All - they look great. What does the chassis come with - the website seems very unclear .. with the vert grip? etc?

What Padom said.

If you scroll down the product page a little ways it has a list of what's included and what you will need to purchase separately.

Oh i see it now ....

1541287348417.png

Attachments

• 1541287335031.png
      1541287335031.png
      43.4 KB · Views: 176
    Reactions: Tx_Aggie
    loving the look and modularity - just put in my order

Last edited:
    Reactions: padom
    What is the barrel profile and length of the rifle in front? Trying to “calibrate” my eye for my own build... Thanks

The rifle in the front is a Defiance Deviant Elite with a 26" Hawkhill M40 in 6 Creed and the one behind it is a Rem 700 with a 26" factory barrel in I think Varmint profile in .223.

So... Where are the photos ???
    Seriously, you can't say that and then not post photos ???
    Wait, your LEFT hand Tikka???? I mean, you had me at Tikka, but WOW!

Here is a quick photo for you guys :) I just got out to the range with it after work on Friday, but have only had a chance to zero and run run a quick practice session with it. Yes, this is a Tikka inlet. No, it was not intended to be left handed (but my poor machining skills and a spare vertical mill changed that!). Yes, it is awesome!
    Josh_ACC_1.jpg

Here is a quick photo for you guys :) I just got out to the range with it after work on Friday, but have only had a chance to zero and run run a quick practice session with it. Yes, this is a Tikka inlet. No, it was not intended to be left handed (but my poor machining skills and a spare vertical mill changed that!). Yes, it is awesome!

I know it's sacriligous but could you post a photo or two of your surgery? I'm teetering on the edge of switching to a left hand Tikka action and every little bit helps....!

I know it's sacrilegious but could you post a photo or two of your surgery? I'm teetering on the edge of switching to a left hand Tikka action and every little bit helps....!

I don't have any good photos of the actual machining, but the end result is pretty straight forward.
    20181105_160813.jpg

All you have to do is mirror the RH inletting and make room for the bolt handle, such that nothing is making contact. 20 minutes on a vertical mill that is older than I am, and boom, the inlet is ready to go! This photo is of my XL Gen2 that I did earlier in the year.

Reactions: adamjma
    Let me know what you guys think! I just put my Tikka in a prototype ACC for a match on the 9-11th and I am very excited.
    I don't have any good photos of the actual machining, but the end result is pretty straight forward.
    View attachment 6966333
    All you have to do is mirror the RH inletting and make room for the bolt handle, such that nothing is making contact. 20 minutes on a vertical mill that is older than I am, and boom, the inlet is ready to go! This photo is of my XL Gen2 that I did earlier in the year.

I’ve seen your videos, most vertical mills are older than you are...

anyone running a tubb T7T trigger in one of these?

@MDT_Josh thanks! I’m going to do that with the HS3 chassis in the meantime. I figured there wasn’t much to the machining, but wanted to see the work required. Now to find someone I know with a mill!!

ETA: I should also add, I wondered how you has an LSS-XL Gen 2 with that buttstock interface in a Tikka lefty since it wasn't showing on the MDT website. Tricksy!

Last edited:
    @MDT_Josh thanks! I’m going to do that with the HS3 chassis in the meantime. I figured there wasn’t much to the machining, but wanted to see the work required. Now to find someone I know with a mill!!

If you were patient and took your time, you could do 95% of the same job with a hacksaw and a single cut file, if you can’t find a milling machine locally