• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

@MDT_Josh do ya'll offer longer guide rods for the cheek riser on the ACC? I'm siting at the 9.5 mark right now and a little more rod extending into the chassis would be nice to have. Everything is holding well so not a huge concern but I wanted to ask...

As far as I know, we do not offer an extended height guide rod for any of our buttstocks right now. It may have been something that we offered in the past or something that our customer service team (@MDT_OFFICIAL ) may know better than I! I'd give them a call at 1-604-393-0800 and ask or message them directly here: MDT Support Ticket

Josh

Reactions: nikonNUT
As far as I know, we do not offer an extended height guide rod for any of our buttstocks right now. It may have been something that we offered in the past or something that our customer service team (@MDT_OFFICIAL ) may know better than I! I'd give them a call at 1-604-393-0800 and ask or message them directly here: MDT Support Ticket

Josh
Thank you, Josh! I'll reach out!

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Has anyone had any difficulty running Magpul AICS mags in their ACC? On recoil my 10 rounders drop just enough that the bolt won’t strip the next round from the mag when closed.

I had the same issue with some metal mags.....but with metal mags I was able to bend the feed lips just enough to find a sweet spot for it to work. They were not MDT metal mags. Black Friday came and I loaded up on some MDT Mags.....this year...I'll buy more.

Reactions: esa17
Has anyone had any difficulty running Magpul AICS mags in their ACC? On recoil my 10 rounders drop just enough that the bolt won’t strip the next round from the mag when closed.

What action are you running them in @esa17 ? I ask becasue the MagPul magazines are designed to specifically work well with the Remington 700 SA and aren't optimized for Tikka's, Savage's, Howa's, etc.

Josh

Friday I talked with @MDT_OFFICIAL here via PM....I had a request for some small parts that I had lost. Today I had my parts in hand. The Customer Service MDT has shown me is outstanding and I've recommended them to everyone I shoot with. My ACC Chassis has been superb....It has allowed me to build a rifle that has no faults that I can claim....as to why I missed a shot :) My next build will be on an MDT ACC....something in the 6mm family.

Thanks MDT for being there for my questions and helping me along my journey to achieve my dreams of hitting targets past a mile. It has been a pleasant and rewarding experience.

Anyone have pics of an MDT ACC rifle they put together in Burnt Bronze? Trying to decide whether to go with FDE or Burnt Bronze....

Last edited:
Is it too early to start forming a line for the Black Friday Sale on MDT Magazines? How about a Christmas In July sale?

Reactions: littlepod
You know...we are going to take that as a challenge ;)
The amount of smoke that poured out of the server block we were hosted on last year was a sight to see. We've beefed up the infrastructure hard this year. Our support staff has cleared their calendars. And we added one full-time support member, and two more are queued to be hired before Black Friday.

Would the mdt acc chassis fit the new Jim Borden bid foot action. It’s the same length as as a Remington 700 long action but it’s 1.4 inches in diameter?

They are sold, Just this Morning actually.

The answer is no, that would not have worked.

Borden Rifles is no longer or they are just under new ownership?

You are correct, our LA chassis are inletted for standard diameter actions and the 1.400" diameter would not have worked unfortunately. We have talked about doing some inlets for the big boomer actions, but nothing yet has come of it.

Josh

Borden Rifles is no longer or they are just under new ownership?

You are correct, our LA chassis are inletted for standard diameter actions and the 1.400" diameter would not have worked unfortunately. We have talked about doing some inlets for the big boomer actions, but nothing yet has come of it.

Josh
@bodhisafa

Shoot....I was responding to two threads at once my apologies.

@MDT_Josh @MDT_OFFICIAL

I love my MDT ACC, balances great for a centerfire rifle with a 6lb barrel. I would love to run my ACC with my rimfire build but I find the back of the ACC really heavy.

Any alternative rear-ends that could plug into the ACC and be lighter than the SRS Elite Stock?

TIA.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_Josh @MDT_OFFICIAL

I love my MDT ACC, balances great for a centerfire rifle with a 6lb barrel. I would love to run my ACC with my rimfire build but I find the back of the ACC really heavy.

Any alternative rear-ends that could plug into the ACC and be lighter than the SRS Elite Stock?

TIA.
We do have our aluminum butt plate, which should shave a bit of weight off for you. If you are interested, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with your first and last name, phone number, shipping information, and phone number. There is a bit of wait right now since we generally don't sell them outside of the buttstock they are meant for it, but it will get there!

I put in my order first thing this morning, and got a shipping notification shortly there after, Looks like it's going to get here on Saturday, just in time for my birthday! So far I am extremely impressed with MDT, I think I have watched every ACC video I can find, I was going to put the Tikka CTR 24" 6.5 CM but I kind of got shafted on that deal (State of the firearms market and world right now) so I am putting the 24" tikka t3x lite veil wideland action in to a Carbon Black ACC, the midnight bronze Cerakote barreled action should look really good in the carbon black ACC, Saturday can't come soon enough!

I put in my order first thing this morning, and got a shipping notification shortly there after, Looks like it's going to get here on Saturday, just in time for my birthday! So far I am extremely impressed with MDT, I think I have watched every ACC video I can find, I was going to put the Tikka CTR 24" 6.5 CM but I kind of got shafted on that deal (State of the firearms market and world right now) so I am putting the 24" tikka t3x lite veil wideland action in to a Carbon Black ACC, the midnight bronze Cerakote barreled action should look really good in the carbon black ACC, Saturday can't come soon enough!
Awesome to hear, we hope you enjoy! And happy early birthday!

I only have one complaint about both of my acc's. Without the forened weights installed there is a surprising amount of flex in the forend.

I only have one complaint about both of my acc's. Without the forened weights installed there is a surprising amount of flex in the forend.
i noticed this putting a rimx in a friends ACC. i was like hmm is this because of the smaller recoil lug or is it the chassis? threw it back in the McMillan and it doesn't move at all. but with the weights it really doesn't flex

i noticed this putting a rimx in a friends ACC. i was like hmm is this because of the smaller recoil lug or is it the chassis? threw it back in the McMillan and it doesn't move at all. but with the weights it really doesn't flex
Yes, with he weights they are very solid. Without them not so much.

Yes, with he weights they are very solid. Without them not so much.

I noticed the exact same thing. Had been running a whiskey 3 and tried an ACC. That was the first thing I noticed was the flex and more “bounce” shooting off of barricades. I even made a one piece steel weight tovtry and stiffen the forend but it didn’t seem to do much. Great chassis ergonomically speaking and ease of adjusting weights but it was noticeably less solid feeling than my whiskey 3.

I haven't really paid much attention to flex, not sure where the flex is happening at. Are you loading the bipod in a way that's seeing some flex? I run an ACC on my 308 and haven't really noticed anything that would affect my shooting. For barricade work, I'm pushing the mag well into a bag, not really noticing any sort of fore-end bounce. I'll try to pay more attention and see if there's something up.

Reactions: straightandtrue
If you are grabbing the end of the forend, you are increasing your mechanical leverage as the forend is 18". What you will notice is as you move closer to the recoil lug, even without the weights your leverage drops fast.

Reactions: straightandtrue
If you are grabbing the end of the forend, you are increasing your mechanical leverage as the forend is 18". What you will notice is as you move closer to the recoil lug, even without the weights your leverage drops fast.
I noticed it shooting prone off of a bipod and rear bag. While adjusting rifle cant. But yes the bipod was near the forend of the rifle.

I noticed it shooting prone off of a bipod and rear bag. While adjusting rifle cant. But yes, the bipod was near the forend of the rifle.
Yes, that would make sense, as that's where you will find the most ability to muscle it around. The ACC was designed with free recoil in mind to so the weights really help accommodate that style of shooting.

Well, I received my chassis, and spent the better part of 2 hours putting it all together, changed out the trigger spring to lighten the trigger to the lightest pull I have ever felt on a rifle (May bump it back up a bit), adjusted everything, and put my SWFA 10x42 scope on, for the time being, Looking at the new TRACT TORIC UHD 4.5-30X56 34MM FFP MOA ELR Extreme Long Range Rifle Scope when it comes out in December, threw on a harris style bipod and an M-LOK adapter until I get into a CYKE-POD down the road, I'm planning on getting into a better brake on the front, (don't like the crap the style that is on it kicks up from the ground) but for now I think she's good to take out and start shooting.

Time to take her out and get her sighted in, I figured I'd be the proud new owner and show it off to people that would know what it actually is lol.
sMDT.jpg

With as light of a barrel that I used in my build I will certainly be getting at minimum the internal weights to balance out my ACC and go from there.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
With as light of a barrel that I used in my build I will certainly be getting at minimum the internal weights to balance out my ACC and go from there.

WIth that kind of setup, I am guessing you're running some sort of PRS match with it? I'd consider getting a heavy profile barrel. With that light of a barrel after 3-4 rounds of a stage, the groups are going to open up pretty bad. With a heavy profile barrel, I only run 2 internal weights and it more than balances 2-3 inches in front of the mag well

Reactions: Alex.Jones.SLC
WIth that kind of setup, I am guessing you're running some sort of PRS match with it? I'd consider getting a heavy profile barrel. With that light of a barrel after 3-4 rounds of a stage, the groups are going to open up pretty bad. With a heavy profile barrel, I only run 2 internal weights and it more than balances 2-3 inches in front of the mag well
That's what I'm ultimately looking to do with the setup, I was going to get the Savage Elite Precision Rifle in 6.5CM but after reading about the ejector and feeding issues inherent to the design of their action, I decided to purchase the Tikka to salvage the action with the intention of purchasing a pre-fit 26" to 28" Match Bull barrel down the road, but figured I should have some fun with the stock barrel before having it torn off for the new match barrel.

I am pretty sure with the barrel I am planning on getting this rifle will balance out quite well, might even need to add the buttstock weights.

Reactions: littlepod
Thank you, Josh! I'll reach out!

Hey could you please post the reply? I'm considering geting the ACC chassis, but I need a huge amount of adjustment up for my low chekbones, I think more than the stock one can provide.

As a reference, with the t1x I have the victor co cheekrest with maximum spacers ~ it's at just above the middle of the bolt in terms of height ...

Hey could you please post the reply? I'm considering geting the ACC chassis, but I need a huge amount of adjustment up for my low chekbones, I think more than the stock one can provide.

As a reference, with the t1x I have the victor co cheekrest with maximum spacers ~ it's at just above the middle of the bolt in terms of height ...

This is my setup... and my cheekpiece is about midline with the bolt, and I have a ton of adjustment left...

1605329888622.png

This is with my T1X

1605330112825.png

Reactions: 260284 and geek65

We do have extended rods and risers around, in limited numbers on a previous revision of the buttstock. So we can set you up if you need more.

Reactions: nikonNUT