• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Chassis

So what Black Friday deal can I expect?

There might be some blemished units around for the ACC, but they are first come first serve so you need to be on the website on November 26 at 3:00 PM PT, but they go super fast! But at the very least there will be factory new for 10% off.

Reactions: Ubaderb and gnochi
We do have extended rods and risers around, in limited numbers on a previous revision of the buttstock. So we can set you up if you need more.

Just heard that myself... I may jump on a set when I get back from Triple C.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh

Hey guys, I noticed that on the website it says -

"Chassis, buttstock and grip weight: 4.5lb"

Did you guys reduce the weight on the new ACC's? It used to say something like 5.4lbs? I ask because my cut down ACC w/ the custom order aluminum buttpad is 4.7lbs. If the new ones are 4.5lbs, that means with the aluminum buttpad it'll reduce it down to 4lbs?

Also what's the length of pull now? After doing a lot more shooting, I think I'm most comfortable at 13.5", but my older ACC is stuck at 14" minimum, so now I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to 13.5".

Does anyone know if the T3 SA inlet is directly compatible with the T1x?

Like if I have a T3 and a T1x, the acc will drop into both no problems?

Yes you just have to take the mag latch out for the t1x

mine was a SOB to get back in when I changed back to the ctr

Reactions: chanrobi
@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh

Hey guys, I noticed that on the website it says -

"Chassis, buttstock and grip weight: 4.5lb"

Did you guys reduce the weight on the new ACC's? It used to say something like 5.4lbs? I ask because my cut down ACC w/ the custom order aluminum buttpad is 4.7lbs. If the new ones are 4.5lbs, that means with the aluminum buttpad it'll reduce it down to 4lbs?

Also what's the length of pull now? After doing a lot more shooting, I think I'm most comfortable at 13.5", but my older ACC is stuck at 14" minimum, so now I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to 13.5".

Very observant, and the 4.5lb weight comes from the SRS-X buttstock (ESS standard, one guide rod and aluminum butt pad) with the standard, MDT Over molded grip rather than the vertical grip. Realistically, that is the lightest you will find ACC's running without any further modifications.

Does anyone know if the T3 SA inlet is directly compatible with the T1x?

Like if I have a T3 and a T1x, the acc will drop into both no problems?

Yes, as @bgavin said, you just need to drop out the magazine latch, or space it forward on the chassis to run the T1x in the T3x chassis :)

Josh

Reactions: littlepod
Yes, as @bgavin said, you just need to drop out the magazine latch, or space it forward on the chassis to run the T1x in the T3x chassis :)

Josh

Man you guys need to put that info on the site, for the longest time I thought there was NO t1x compatible chassis and started lookin at alternatives :)

Yes but the drop down menu only shows T3 SA, not t1x

I think you are expected to know that. And, as pointed out it is not without some quirks like the mag lever being removed. If they ever released a T1x inlet I think you would see that listed.

Put another way, if they said T1x compatible on their site some asshat would bitch and moan about having to remove the lever. You can't please everyone.

Josh
Is that Tac-21 similarly compatible with the T1x as well?

I asked this question on the facebook page but someone from MDT said the TAc-21 is NOT t1x compatible?

Maybe a better question would be, if a chassis on the MDT page lists Tikka T3 SA as action option, it is automatically T1x compatible given the conditions already noted above?

Last edited:
Is that Tac-21 similarly compatible with the T1x as well?

I asked this question on the facebook page but someone from MDT said the TAc-21 is NOT t1x compatible?

Maybe a better question would be, if a chassis on the MDT page lists Tikka T3 SA as action option, it is automatically T1x compatible given the conditions already noted above?
It is not, unfortunately. The issue is we didn't create the clearance for the stock T1X magazine well if you wanted to you should be able to cut the clearance but out of the box, it doesn't fit.

-Anthony

It is not, unfortunately. The issue is we didn't create the clearance for the stock T1X magazine well if you wanted to you should be able to cut the clearance but out of the box, it doesn't fit.

-Anthony
If one had access to a cnc machine this would be relatively simple operation perhaps?

If one had access to a cnc machine this would be relatively simple operation perhaps?
Potentially, it depends on the programming and the fixturing which would be the hardest part of the operation.

-Anthony

I recently purchased a Savage Elite Precision 110 in 300WM caliber set in the ACC chassis for $1,799. I was pricing the ACC chassis itself and it was $1,189.95 for a Rem700 action, BUT when you add a color (I like the sniper grey) is an additional $199, so the total is $1,389.95 ( there's a discount for veterans that would lower the price), so for an additional $410 I have a complete rifle. I know this is not a true custom rifle, but I'm not competing, the price of this complete rifle is very hard to beat. I would have spent at least $3,000 for a custom action / barrel and add the ACC chassis. To me, it was a no brainer

Reactions: Mavrykk and BT6.5
I recently purchased a Savage Elite Precision 110 in 300WM caliber set in the ACC chassis for $1,799. I was pricing the ACC chassis itself and it was $1,189.95 for a Rem700 action, BUT when you add a color (I like the sniper grey) is an additional $199, so the total is $1,389.95 ( there's a discount for veterans that would lower the price), so for an additional $410 I have a complete rifle. I know this is not a true custom rifle, but I'm not competing, the price of this complete rifle is very hard to beat. I would have spent at least $3,000 for a custom action / barrel and add the ACC chassis. To me, it was a no brainer
Hopefully you got a good one.

If not, I predict Failure to Feed, extract and eject.

I was going to trade my acc with an xrs, but saw this thread and decided to chop my acc down, I’m really happy with it now
55260569-8388-4368-9D81-2CACCC8471A5.jpeg
8D43030B-CA0D-4158-996C-AA7CD7FFCB77.jpeg

Didnt really like the look of the long rail with the small profile barrel.. kind of looked weird to me. wanted a smaller chassis but i do like the ACC, 6.5 creedmoor so i never really needed the weights, the benches are short over here at the range and this length is almost max before its off the front. also i just put a new blade on my chop saw and needed to test it out lol, i do like the long forend on my 300wm tho

IMG_7464.jpeg

I thought the long forend was a big selling point. Why the chop?

Last edited:
Added some of @A.Huggy homemade weights to my ACC. Cut them out on a CNC plasma table. Sitting at about
20210414_201908.jpg
20210414_190409.jpg
24.5 lbs with the suppressor. Still haven't shot the new PBB 6 Dasher barrel. Too many home projects right now and a recent car wreck has slowed me down a little.

The rifle balances really well with the new weights and a full set of internal weights.

Added some of @A.Huggy homemade weights to my ACC. Cut them out on a CNC plasma table. Sitting at about 24.5 lbs with the suppressor. Still haven't shot the new PBB 6 Dasher barrel. Too many home projects right now and a recent car wreck has slowed me down a little.

The rifle balances really well with the new weights and a full set of internal weights.
Excellent work.

FYI, there are a few ACC chassis goodies on my thingiverse page. Most are 3d printable. The drawings for the weights are there too.

just a dumb question since I'm planning on ordering a new MDT ACC. If I order a Remington 700 footprint, can I run a Defiance, Origin or Impact on it? I have those actions but not sure which one will end up in the chassis so that would like the flexibility if possible. Thx

Mine is sporting a Defiance Deviant Tactical....don't know about the others.

just a dumb question since I'm planning on ordering a new MDT ACC. If I order a Remington 700 footprint, can I run a Defiance, Origin or Impact on it? I have those actions but not sure which one will end up in the chassis so that would like the flexibility if possible. Thx
Yes, you sure can! As long as the clone action is a Remington 700 SA footprint you won't have any issues.

-Anthony

Reactions: anginaprinzmetal
Instead of selling my savage precision elite 6mm creed that I just received, I’m considering using its chassis to build another rifle.

Problem is I have no clue what I’m doing, or what I can expect budget wise. All I know is I would like to use Tikka.

Any guides or suggestions so I can hopefully learn the specifics?

Reactions: Stoweit
From my understanding

The savage uses the MDT ACC which accepts the savage, Remington 700 and Tikka actions.

But like I said I have no clue what I’m doing😁
Accepts means they can build it for those actions not that one chassis is universally compatible. You will need a new chassis for a new action unless your new action is another Savage.

Reactions: gnochi
Accepts means they can build it for those actions not that one chassis is universally compatible. You will need a new chassis for a new action unless your new action is another Savage.
Thought it was odd when the guy at the LGS told me that. Hence why I mentioned it here.

Oh well, now I have to figure out what to do with it😂

On the MDT Elite Grip for the ACC, does anyone else's get "squishy" feeling about where the middle finger hits the grip on the front?
Hey @thestoicmarcusaurelius ! It would be understandable that you are feeling a "squishy" feedback on that part of the grip, as there is no core section that high up on the front of the grip, only the rubbery overmold.

If you're unhappy with the quality of the product, we'd be happy to return or possibly refund it for you (providing it is within 30-days of you receiving it)! Please contact our customer support team for more feedback and information if that's the direction you'd like to proceed with :D

Josh

No, I like the grip and don't want to return. Just wanted to check to see if I was out in left field with that or it's normal. It doesn't really bother me at all when using the chassis 99.9% of the time.
What @MDT_Josh Said. It is normal, and we hope you enjoy the grip!

-Anthony

Hi All,

I have the the building bug and have been toying with the idea of using an MDT ACC chassis with an Anschutz 1782 in 6.5cm however, at this stage I unable to confirm if the Anschutz 1782 will drop into the ACC.

Before I head out and spend I was hoping @MDT_Josh or any other members can confirm what footprint would be required or more so if it will even work.

Finally am I am wasting my time going down this path with a 23" barrel on a 6.5 with the intent of long range target shooting?

Cheers

Hi All,

I have the the building bug and have been toying with the idea of using an MDT ACC chassis with an Anschutz 1782 in 6.5cm however, at this stage I unable to confirm if the Anschutz 1782 will drop into the ACC.

Before I head out and spend I was hoping @MDT_Josh or any other members can confirm what footprint would be required or more so if it will even work.

Finally am I am wasting my time going down this path with a 23" barrel on a 6.5 with the intent of long range target shooting?

Cheers

In looking at the Anschutz 1782 it likely isn't a footprint that would be supported by and of our current inlets. It would be best to contact Anschutz directly to confirm any compatibility, but I suspect it's going to be to their stock only.

Barrel length becomes a personal preference, you might give up some speed on the top end with a 23" barrel, but it won't be the difference between shooting distance successfully. It's always a plus and minus game; go with what feels best for you.

-Anthony

Reactions: gnochi