• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT ACC Elite

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn't asking for a bridge that sits flush with the action. I'm asking why you didn't size the bridges where one would sit flush with the muzzle end of the chassis if they were to also run a bridge all the way to the rear (as many actions don't hand over as you pointed out).

Seems like a very small dimensional (length) change would have made this possible. Just food for thought for future parts/chassis.

You could likely take the measurement between the two lines below, divide by 3, and add that length to the bridges and three of them would work. Then just have hole spacing in the forend which allows virtually unlimited placement. This would also align with not milking customers as only three sections would be required instead of four.

View attachment 8264639
I'm 100% fine with this.

Barrel mirage is a bitch, if I could have run those mirage covers the F-Class boys could run I'd sure as hell do so.

Are you at liberty to elaborate on this project?

🤷‍♂️

🤷‍♂️
That’s not the ACC Elite is it? Unless I’m mistaken, the ACC and ACC Elite are two different chassis.

For all the full length cover enthusiasts.

What are you guys using to torque the buttstock into the chassis base ? I don't see any space to use the included T wrench.

What are you guys using to torque the buttstock into the chassis base ? I don't see any space to use the included T wrench.
It's a "ball end" t-handle hex key, meaning that you can tilt it over and still torque the buttstock screw down! Alternatively, you can turn it most of the way with the T-handle then do a final torque with an L-shaped hex key.

- Josh

Reactions: Corfius
It's a "ball end" t-handle hex key, meaning that you can tilt it over and still torque the buttstock screw down! Alternatively, you can turn it most of the way with the T-handle then do a final torque with an L-shaped hex key.

- Josh
Thanks !

Reactions: MDT_Josh

- Josh
...wish you simply enlarged the area under the cheek riser, reenforce where you must to have a hole passing through each end of that area, and have one continuous channel from the end of the buttstock to the chassis to do it right. :)

The adjustable buttpad bolt damn near perfectly lines up with the hole...just can't pass through the area under the cheek rest, of course.

Food for thought for V2 (not that it really matters; just get a short hex in there and snug it up 'and just a little more'). :)

1701554175939.png

...wish you simply enlarged the area under the cheek riser, reenforce where you must to have a hole passing through each end of that area, and have one continuous channel from the end of the buttstock to the chassis to do it right. :)

The adjustable buttpad bolt damn near perfectly lines up with the hole...just can't pass through the area under the cheek rest, of course.

Food for thought for V2 (not that it really matters; just get a short hex in there and snug it up 'and just a little more'). :)

View attachment 8286611
Good suggestion and we have actually done this on previous buttstocks that blocked the bore centreline for cleaning, however, customers were reluctant to completely remove their buttpad assembly and cheek riser assembly to clean their rifle, so we started working harder on folding stock designs to mitigate this!

Additionally, there are a lot of "new" constraints on the SRS-X Elite buttstock now as most shooters want to run rubber dampers and we have incorporated the tool storage into the buttstock, all of which get in the way of tool access.

- Josh

Reactions: Terp
Is the chassis compatible with AX magazines?

I purchased one to give it at try with mine, but can barely fit it in an inch without it getting stuck. Can't tell whether the tight fit is as intended, the mag is a little oversized, or the chassis simply isn't designed for them.

Last edited:
Is the chassis compatible with AX magazines?

I purchased one to give it at try with mine, but can barely fit it in an inch without it getting stuck. Can't tell whether the tight fit is as intended, the mag is a little oversized, or the chassis simply isn't designed for them.
Looking at Mile High; it appears that the AI AX Magazines (Part Number 6677) have a lip on the front for some sort of front latching, meaning that the body of the magazines will be within the AICS mag well pattern, but that lip is longer than the pattern.

1701962534342.png

Unfortunately, this means that the AI AX magazines will not work in our chassis, however, the AI AW should work without issue!

- Josh

Reactions: Wallaback
Does anyone know the component weights for the system (eg, but-stock, grip, bare chassis, etc). And/or the balance point & actual weight of an empty chassis as delivered? Looked on MDT site, but they only seem to breakdown the ACC standard parts which they sell separately.

Does anyone know the component weights for the system (eg, but-stock, grip, bare chassis, etc). And/or the balance point & actual weight of an empty chassis as delivered? Looked on MDT site, but they only seem to breakdown the ACC standard parts which they sell separately.
Base chassis weight as delivered is 6.1 lbs. +/- based on the inlet.

As for the balance point, it depends on where you want to measure it from but the Centre of Gravity is roughly in the area below the bolt handle cutout (whiteout any barrelhead action in it).

- Josh

Reactions: ma smith
Here's the thing. I am a hunter. That is my primary activity though I would like to get into long range targets, at least as an amateur.

So, right now, my new favorite all around hunting rifle is a 7 mm PRC with a factory weight in synthetic stock of 6.5 lbs. I put it in an Oryx chassis, which is 4.2 pounds. They don't have a weight spec for replacement synthetic stock so I conservatively estimate .5 lbs.

6 + 4.2 +35 oz scope = 12.39 pounds, unloaded (5 round .300 Win Mag metal mag.)

Let's call it 13 lbs and call it a day. I carried it across my arms hunting. Not a problem. Then, again, public hunting property for whitetail, so, I don't have to hike half a day. Wouldn't matter, though. Me strong like bull. I do the work without the crying and wailing and great gnashing of teeth. I am just built different. I like the accuracy, even the precision I get from an Oryx chassis. MDT makes good stuff that is affordable. About the only thing I would really have to save for is the CKYE tripod.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I really hope we can get this chassis in a gray cerakote. I remember seeing a video where it looked like the original was in gray and maybe someone made a decision to output titanium blue instead, but a sniper/tactical gray or even tungsten would be welcomed.

Is this a 5 Shot Mag with an extender ?
I have a 10 Shot Poly Version, which looks ugly af to me with its length.
This one is great and i don´t need a 10 round mag
Looks to be a 12 round magazine with an extender by it's length relative to the barricade stop. The 5 round metal magazines should be compatible with the ACC Elite chassis and I can't say I've ever tried one with an extender, but that should work too if you only need 7 rounds!

- Josh

Reactions: Lawyer
Is this a 5 Shot Mag with an extender ?
I have a 10 Shot Poly Version, which looks ugly af to me with its length.
This one is great and i don´t need a 10 round mag
10 round ARC magazine with Area419 magazine extender. The extender also works on shorter mags, as well.

I thought that the Poly and Metal Mags are the same length, but i was wrong.
The Metal Mag is way shorter than the Poly Mag, so i will buy a 10 round.
Not sure, if i can use a Mag Extender, since our latest Gun Law aggravation there is a limitation to 10 Round Mags.
But that limitation is based on the Mag Body itself, strictly speaking that could be a grey area.

@NiteQwill : You are shooting a 6mm ARC with a 22" (?) 1.25" Straight Barrel ?

I thought that the Poly and Metal Mags are the same length, but i was wrong.
The Metal Mag is way shorter than the Poly Mag, so i will buy a 10 round.
Not sure, if i can use a Mag Extender, since our latest Gun Law aggravation there is a limitation to 10 Round Mags.
But that limitation is based on the Mag Body itself, strictly speaking that could be a grey area.

@NiteQwill : You are shooting a 6mm ARC with a 22" (?) 1.25" Straight Barrel ?
I shoot 6GT out a 22" Hawk Hill Heavy Comp.

Anyone else finding the dowels a little gimmicky? Or do they work for some mags, like some 22LR offerings, etc?

I can insert a magazine and drop the dowels in (with zero resistance) from the top (action removed) and they just slide in and by the magazine, literally doing zero to shim out any slop. Maybe I'm dropping them in wrong. ;)

Reactions: TSean
Anyone else finding the dowels a little gimmicky? Or do they work for some mags, like some 22LR offerings, etc?

I can insert a magazine and drop the dowels in (with zero resistance) from the top (action removed) and they just slide in and by the magazine, literally doing zero to shim out any slop. Maybe I'm dropping them in wrong. ;)
Seems a little odd and there should be some interference between the mag and the dowels? Try taking the magazine out, drop the dowel in and using a 1/16" punch, press them all the way down to the bottom of the mag well. If they still don't do anything to the magazine, maybe send us a support ticket and we'll look into it for you!

Reactions: Terp
@MDT_Josh I bought a Bergara Premier Elite with the ACC Elite and didn´t receive any extra dowels with the Rifle.
Is it possible to buy them anywhere ? Not sure if that was a mistake or if it is on Purpose from Bergara.

@NiteQwill did you modfy the ARC Mag to fit longer OAL Cartridges than 2.4 " ?

@MDT_Josh I bought a Bergara Premier Elite with the ACC Elite and didn´t receive any extra dowels with the Rifle.
Is it possible to buy them anywhere ? Not sure if that was a mistake or if it is on Purpose from Bergara.

@NiteQwill did you modfy the ARC Mag to fit longer OAL Cartridges than 2.4 " ?

Good question and I don't think we included them as part of that OEM package, however, I am sure that if you reach out to our customer support team or drop us a customer service ticket, we can get some to you! Alternatively, they are a 1/8" (diameter) x 1/2" (length) [3.18 mm x 12.7 mm] polymer dowel :)

- Josh

Expecting my ACC Elite to arrive next week, super stoked. First ever proper prs build im making, just in time for Finlands first appearance in the IPRF world champs. I've been running the trg22 with a vision hand guard so far, but was able to pick up a t3x action from work for a very reasonable price. Interested in the foundation centurion and the mpa matrix pro 2 as well, but being from Finland the tikka action is pretty much a no brainer, and MDT is one of the few top of the line manufacturers who luckily supply the inlet.

Finally the chassis arrived, super impressed and stocked. No problems in the finish, everything is like its supposed to be. The jellies were a huge pain in the ass to fit even with lube, but now that theyre in they dont have to come out.

Currently have my 300wm supervarmint action in the chassis for initial setup and pictures since waiting for my smith to finish the barrel and also licensing procedures for the new t3x action. Just amazing
IMG_20240405_190519.jpg
IMG_20240405_190509.jpg

Btw werent the control bridges supposed to have pins? Mine dont, not that it matters for me or for my use but was wondering if it changed, totally missed the info about it

Only the NV bridge has pins. The control bridge doesn't need them because it doesn't bear any weight and who cares if its a few thou off center.

Only the NV bridge has pins. The control bridge doesn't need them because it doesn't bear any weight and who cares if its a few thou off center.
So I remembered that something did have pins 😁 but like you and I mentioned, doesnt matter regarding the control bridges.

Have a second question, there were 2 lock washer looking things in the elite butt stock box. Couldnt figure out where they were supposed to go and didnt see any reference to them in the manual so ended up just installing the butt stock onto the chassis body without them. I figured they had something to do with lop or cheek rizer height limiting or indexing or something like that.

Edit: actually found a thread where they talked about the clips

Last edited:
Have the Jellies in my ACC Elite and in my expirience they weren´t that hard to fit, just like as i expected.
I used Redding Imperial Sizing Wax for both sides of the Buttstock with a bit of pressure .

I had hope that the "clear" Prototypes would make it into production, since they are the best match for the Blue ACC Elite in my Opinion.

Reactions: Hardpan