• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT GRND-Pod

Nobody said yet…. Are those leg adjustment pieces plastic or metal?
Based on the weight, i almost wonder if theyre not metal inside polymer.
Im curious who they see as the target segment for this one. A few features look somewhat geared to the hunter, others not as much.
Also wondering if its got the Ckye "rattle" or if its tighter/quieter.

You’re literally the dumbest guy on the planet. First off your reference to a 2019 poll holds no weight because literally every year gear changes. That same survey ZCO wasn’t even a scope yet. And less than 10 people shot an MDT chassis. Both those products would be very well represented in a poll today. Those are all more expensive items to change than a bipod. And you think THOSE PEOPLE SURVEYED are still using the same bipods they used in 2019?? You must be half stupid half idiot 😂

And it’s literally pointless to argue with someone who clearly doesn’t actually get of his ass and shoot matches that he’s apparently so knowledgeable on. How many 2 day matches have you shot since you seem to know what people use. You’re also too stupid to realize click the thumbnails and they get bigger. Those also aren’t my pics. Those are from the AG cup page.

And funny you can say my YouTube videos are shit, not that I care or the 33k people that watched my chassis review, but you aren’t making your own. So sit the fuck back down cause you literally contribute nothing to this thread lmfao at least my video of the bipod helped people get a better idea of what it’s like and how it works. What did you contribute other than telling the world you’re more useless than a bag of dicks.
2 tips:
1) Up your insult repertoire or refrain from insulting people.
2) Learn the definiton of "literally" and then only use where applicable.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
@MDT_OFFICIAL @MDT_Josh will you offer this in a right side knob/left hand model?
You can flip the head around to be LH or RH. As a lefty, I initially designed it the way I would use it which we had to change before production!
They have been posted but:
Picatinny = 15.3 oz
RRS Dovetail/ARCA = 1lb 0.5 oz
@MDT_Josh , I'm clicking add to cart and it ain't working! 😁 When are these ready to order sir?
They are not ready to be ordered just yet, we just have them on the website for visibility! Excited to hopefully have them for order in the Spring.
They made a whole-ass chassis (and its bad ass) that weights 26oz...I don't know how this wound up so heavy.
The HNT-26 is $1400 and the GND-Pod will be $200. Unfortunately, to keep the costs lower, we had to sacrifice either weight, stability or durability, and we decided that weight would be the better of the three to compromise on.
I don't know if I missed anyone asking this question. But does anyone know if the existing mounts pic/arca for the ckye pods, will be able to swap over? I have a couple extra and figure that would be sweet if so. 🤙

Semper fi
Horner
Unfortunately these are currently proprietary heads and we don't offer an ARMS-17S or RRS attachment head (again, to keep costs lower), but that may be an optional add on in the future!

- Josh

I’m keen to have a fondle of one, if it doesn’t flex under load I’ll probably get one of the black ones when they become available (of course I’m still running versa-pods so what do I know!?).

😂

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Nope, I'm assuming they're not elite at other disciplines until seeing otherwise. Don't give people credit until they earn it.

I'm standing here right holding a $100 Harris that cants just fine. Funny enough, it sits next to Ckyepod that rarely gets touched.

Weird. My Ckyepod gets used far more often than any of my Harris's.
It's taller, it's shorter, it's wider, it's narrower, it pans and cants. Only thing it doesn't do better than the Harris is deploy and retract.

Reactions: akmike47
Weird. My Ckyepod gets used far more often than any of my Harris's.
It's taller, it's shorter, it's wider, it's narrower, it pans and cants. Only thing it doesn't do better than the Harris is deploy and retract.
And weight and noise.

I hated my CAL (v1 and V2). I could never get the tensions (locked vs unlocked) where I wanted them.

I'll try the MDT when it's released, I couldn't care less about the weight.
I agree with this 100% my cal is either pod lock dead stop with cant almost locked but not quite or loose. every time I use it think I’m going to break the pod lock lever may have to give one of these a try they look pretty nice at least the Harris pod lock gradually tightens and cant is locked

So has anyone actually gotten hands on one of the first batches really kinda intrigued me and im a slut for carbon

Like already stated on the first page an arca/pic combo would be nice to see as well

Still waiting. Honestly didn't realize I was placing a backorder until I got the confirmation email.

So has anyone actually gotten hands on one of the first batches really kinda intrigued me and im a slut for carbon

Like already stated on the first page an arca/pic combo would be nice to see as well
I've got one of the pic ones. Gonna compare to Magpul and Harris, just waiting on an ADM qd for the Grndpod and Magpul so I can swap em all back and forth quickly. I mostly run Ckyepods but I think the Grndpod will be a great bipod for gas guns and where noise/weight are a bit more of a concern.

Reactions: AleksanderSuave
I've got one of the pic ones. Gonna compare to Magpul and Harris, just waiting on an ADM qd for the Grndpod and Magpul so I can swap em all back and forth quickly. I mostly run Ckyepods but I think the Grndpod will be a great bipod for gas guns and where noise/weight are a bit more of a concern.
Looking forward to seeing the comparisons

Well that makes my choice easy i was waiting for the black ill just pay up for the atlas and not need to take it apart to paint it 🙃

Yes, our apologies for the delays, they have been very unforeseen, but we are working on a resolution to get it solved as soon as possible, so keep an eye on your inbox for tracking information.

-Anthony

Interested to see feedback on these. I just ordered one but might cancel and go with atlas if there's any issues.

The only issue is you can't get one. Backordered for a month with another couple month eta.

Yes, we are still back-ordered at this time, we should be good to go in the next few weeks here.

-Anthony

I was pretty excited for the MDT Grndpod to come out as I thought it would perfectly fill the niche of a high quality but relatively affordable bipod for use with bolt guns and (specifically) gas guns. Perfect for guys who don't have the need (or want to drop the cash) for a Ckyepod which is (imo) the best bipod out there for field use. Basically be a superior product when compared to a (tricked out) Harris or a Magpul bipod. Having those other 2 bipods I figured I'd throw up a comparison. For ease of swapping them all around, I put ADM qd pic adapters on the Magpul and Grndpod and already had a RRS pic/arca adapter on the Harris. I compared using these 3 bipods on 3 different rifles: a 12lbs .223 carbine (weight includes bipod, 1-8 LPVO and offset red dot), a 10.5lbs 20" .308 bolt gun in a MDT HNT26 (weight includes bipod, 4.5-22 Vortex Razor LHT) and a "heavy-ish" .22LR (Bergara B14R in MDT XRS with Vortex Razor Gen 2) as I figured this would give a pretty good cross-section for comparison's sake.

2sZsF0T.jpg

E9lHMJo.jpg

So first some stats:

Grndpod: weight (pic version): 0.93lbs, with ADM qd pic adapter (and this skews the weight a bit cause it's basically a qd pic rail riser): 1.12lbs
cost: $200 + ADM adapter

Magpul: weight (mlok version): 0.73lbs, with ADM adapter: 0.86lbs
cost: $110 + ADM adapter

Harris: weight (SBRM 6-9 with RRS HC-Pro Clamp, podlock and adapters to take Atlas feet: 1.01lbs
cost: $110 + RRS adapter ($105), pod-lock ($25), feet adapters (I can't remember...)

These bipods are all kind of similar in terms of price and weight. The Harris is obviously less expensive out of the box but unless you run your bipod on a sling swivel stud (which just isn't really super common anymore on precision rifles or gas guns) you have to get some kind of adapter which will set you back a minimum of $50 for a quality, non-chicom product then add on a pod-lock and you're right between the Magpul and the Grndpod. Adapters for Atlas feet (to use spikes) will set you back some more. For comparison, both the Magpul and Grndpod will accept Atlas feet, the Grndpod comes with a pod-lock and the Magpul has this kinda "tension knob". I didn't include the cost of the adapters for the Magpul and Grndpod as I did them more for the sake of convenience than necessity as you can get the Magpul in mlok, pic and ARMS 17 versions and the Grndpod in pic or arca.

Here are some photos to show you the min and max heights you can get:

Grndpod:

1qxouDH.jpg

jCHLMDi.jpg

Ob1KOht.jpg

Magpul:

1HzS1Jl.jpg

F1041Jy.jpg

Harris:

wSG1tZu.jpg

tNYnasJ.jpg

So for reference I used (and still use) Harris bipods extensively over the years ( I have 2 that are basically identical, 1 with adapters for Atlas feet and 1 with spikes) both on gas guns and on precision rifles before switching to mostly Ckyepods (for bolt guns). As far as I'm concerned, the Harris is kind of the baseline for a decent bipod. I could've included the Atlas in this comparison but the cheapest Atlas is $300 so a bit more than these ones and also I don't have one and didn't want to buy one, haha.

Some notes:

-The Magpul and Harris are both faster to deploy than the Grndpod (especially if you loop 550 cord between the legs) as you can just pull the legs back. To deploy the Grndpod, you have to depress a button each side before pulling the leg back (same as a Ckyepod). To stow the Magpul you have to push in a button, similarly to how the Grndpod functions. Both the Harris and Magpul can only be stowed legs forward whereas the Grndpod can be stowed legs fore or aft and the legs can also be positioned forward at 45 degrees to get a bit lower (as seen in the pics).

-The Grndpod and the Magpul are faster and easier to precisely adjust leg length when behind the gun than the Harris although the Harris will go to full extension quickly because of the spring loaded legs. I prefer the means of adjusting leg length on the Grndpod (pull down to extend, hit lever and push up to retract) than the way the Magpul works (push button and pull down to extend, push button and push up to retract). The Harris is just kind of a pita to adjust when you're behind the gun, especially once it gets dirty.

-All 3 of these bipods give you enough height (as used) to use a 5/30 rd mag when shooting on flat ground

-The Magpul is much "loose" feeling than either the Harris or the Grndpod, it needs to be loaded to get the "slop" out, more so than the Harris does. The Grndpod feels quite solid with very minimal play.

-All 3 of these bipods have adjustable cant, the Grndpod and Harris by means of a pod-lock (included with Grndpod, add-on with Harris) and the Magpul by way of a "tension knob" on the bottom that also serves to lockout/limit it's panning feature (which the other bipods lack). In practice, I really like being able to loosen the pod-lock slightly, get the rifle plumb and then lock it down and the pod-lock equipped bipods work well in this regard. The Magpul never really "locks down" and the tension knob is awkward to adjust when behind the gun. That kinda adds to its overall "loose" feeling.

Overall I've found I prefer the Grndpod to the other 2 bipods. The (slightly) slower leg deployment doesn't bother me as I'm used to deploying a Ckyepod in a similar manner and the ease with which it's adjusted once you're on the gun is a big plus as is the functionality of the pod-lock. It's slightly heavier than the other bipods (with the adapter) but I have it on good authority that there's a decent likelihood of it being available in an ARMS 17 interface which would mean the ability to use a lighter adapter instead of the pic riser that I used. That would be awesome as it would open up the use of the excellent RRS adapters that function with both pic and arca and of which I'm a big fan being that all my rifles have either pic or arca/RRS dovetails and it's nice to have some modularity. As an aside, I noticed no difference in accuracy between the 3 bipods used across 3 different platforms.

Yes the top end competitors may not need a pan feature but a lot of bipods are sold to people that do not compete. I think it’s one of the shortcomings in these forums that everyone thinks you have to shoot PRS and thinks that way.
I have even seen posts by Frank that address this. There are military snipers, police snipers and others that simply could not use what works in competition.
I saw an older post that was unfavorable to some things Todd Hodnett taught but they failed to understand he was teaching military snipers and not PRS competitors. If you think it’s the same thing then you have no grasp of what a military sniper does.
I can tell you the first time I had to set up on a pitched roof and the suspect was pacing back and forth, the next day got a bipod with the ability to pan.
What works will be driven by your T,T,Ps

Last edited:
Any coupon codes now for MDT?

Good things come to those who wait. Should be the new motto for the sport. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
And I will be ordering mine tomorrow to join the rest of you in line. My Manners is getting delivered tomorrow so I need something else to wait for. Lol 😆

And I will be ordering mine tomorrow to join the rest of you in line. My Manners is getting delivered tomorrow so I need something else to wait for. Lol 😆
you could order a suppressor at the same time and make it a race to see which ones arrives first.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob01
you could order a suppressor at the same time and make it a race to see which ones arrives first.
But I will actually use the bipod. Lol My two cans barely get used but I could just order one and see. Lol

I've been tuned to my email for 11 weeks now.

That's fair, and rest assured, we are pushing incredibly hard to get that into your hands. Thank you for your patience.

-Anthony