• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT GRND-Pod

well guess what showed up today. woohoo!
20220429_164855.jpg

and then guess what I already broke. boohoo.

20220429_170055.jpg

So you going to tell us how you did it?

lol, oh right... well the cant lever when tightened aimed straight up into where the arca rail would be so in an attempt to re-time it I apparently overtightened the little screw that holds the handle on and snapped the threads off. didnt take much as the screw tapers down to small like 3/32" threads.

Honestly not impressed by overall build quality.

16512803677564318026917355210179.jpg

couldnt find whatever tiny metric screw they useds so drill and tapped it 8-32 because I have a bunch of those kicking around. ill get a black socket head cap screw from HD later. but im back in business.

getting it back together I think you are supposed to be able to re-time the handle by simply pulling out on it and not actually dissasembling it. which was not blatantly obvious.
20220429_193714.jpg

Every pod-lock lever I've ever used has worked that way. Accu-Tac, KMW for Harris, Atlas CAL, all of them. Pull out to re-time.
wtf, going to have to check my atlas when I get home. never knew it did that. honestly never used a bipod that did that.

instructions? your man card is suspended.

I didn’t mean for me, I meant for you. I’m not the one out here turning fasteners til they snap LOL.

Looks like an easy enough fix, I’m sure it will be all right. I may have wobbled out a screw once or twice in my day too.

• Haha
Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
Yeah I thought it was a normal operation break but if you didn’t know how to reposition the handle with a simple pull and twist like the Pod Loc then that’s not an equipment issue but a user issue. I am sure they will get you fixed up and then be a little less heavy handed and mess with it a little to see how it works.

Never owned a bipod or a good tripod so this is good information for me because I might have broken mine.
It is good seeing a Ground Pod getting delivered.
Of course I just back ordered mine today so I know I wont see it for a while.

im a little dissapointed. I would put it in the same catagory as a magpul or fab defense spike. every joint and moving part is sloppy loose. me breaking the screw aside the cant lock is a hokey carriage bolt pressing a washer and doesnt tighten enough to prevent movement.

We're sorry to hear that; we can get that swapped out for you if you would like to? Please reach out to us through our support portal, and we will get that taken care of.

-Anthony

Reactions: MDT_Josh and Rob01
Hi All,

I've received mine today (i'm in Canada), it was ordered on Feb 3.

To be honnest i'm deceived of the build quality of this bipod.
Really love the craftmanship on my LSS Gen 2, ACC and various other items from MDT but this one look to me like they wanted to go mass market on a lower cost bipod and outsource in China.

Main portion of the two legs are probably cast metal (probably aluminum) and not CNC like all their usual stuff. (main reason i buy from them)
They have the marks on either sides of the part just like a mold would do.

Finish on the main frame is already fading (open / closed a few times)

Arca knob is made of a cheap, shiny plastic which feel like it will break just by tightning it.
Oddly enough different from the other injection molded part on the bipod which feel better.

Customer service said to tighten the setscrews on the back of the leg (which indeed works for the play). The washer and knob were designed that way they said, noting to do there.

Last edited:
So the first few examples of these in the wild have shown up all black in color which we are told was a one time limited run and with sloppy fit and finish. Really getting me excited to receive mine whenever that day comes.
Any comment @MDT_OFFICIAL or @MDT_Josh ?

So the first few examples of these in the wild have shown up all black in color which we are told was a one time limited run and with sloppy fit and finish. Really getting me excited to receive mine whenever that day comes.

There are two setscrews per leg that are there to adjust the fit between the plastic and the aluminum core of the leg. Those were not set properly on mine and MDT told me to adjust them.

This gets rid of the play in the legs for now. (screws seems quite loose, not sure they will stay properly adjusted)

It doesn't solve the knob, washer or finish however.

I'm thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like green is the only option which I'm not a fan of. Any advice on how best to make it black. Rattle can or something else? Thanks.

I
I'm thinking of getting one of these, but it looks like green is the only option which I'm not a fan of. Any advice on how best to make it black. Rattle can or something else? Thanks.
I ordered the green and got black so theres that.

Here is the box, it has an optional color check box and the product code says "BLK" for black.

(I also ordered green as there was no other option, almost didn't order cause I didn't want green)

20220503_120935.jpg

There are two setscrews per leg that are there to adjust the fit between the plastic and the aluminum core of the leg. Those were not set properly on mine and MDT told me to adjust them.

This gets rid of the play in the legs for now. (screws seems quite loose, not sure they will stay properly adjusted)

It doesn't solve the knob, washer or finish however.
would you mind taking a picture of the order of the washers. theres 3 brass and one steel. If you take the cant lever and pin out and get the washers wrong it wont work.
I wouldnt reccomend it. you can find Atlas Cals for a few dollars more and its 100x better quality. if you just need a quick lightweight bipod magpul or Fab Defense Spike for half the price.

There was a very small run of BLK that ended up in the mix, and currently, there have been some huge delays that were unforeseen, so we did release them to get bipods shipped. As for the other portion, this is our first reported case of any issue with the legs, and we have shipped a decent amount already. It got past QC by mistake, but we are looking into it to ensure it doesn't happen. We have changed the knob, although they are of similar construction except the new style is a three-prong design opposed to the four-star with a different surface finish so that is changing. Can't comment on the finish, haven't heard of anything.

-Anthony

It's anodized aluminum so it takes most coatings incredibly well. Rattle can will do the trick for sure!

-Anthony

Reactions: MotoSinge
We have shipped hundreds already and only a small handful have had issues (which we're already working to adjust), so that is a fairly smooth product launch in my opinion. I am sorry to hear that some of you have been running into issues, but we're trying to provide you the best bipod for the money and there are always bound to be compromises made! Unfortunately we can't make a $200 Ckye-pod yet 🤷‍♂️

- Josh

We have changed the knob, although they are of similar construction except the new style is a three-prong design opposed to the four-star with a different surface finish so that is changing. Can't comment on the finish, haven't heard of anything.

The new knob might not be a big improvement but sure look better from what i can see on your website.

Untitled.png 20220502_133441 (1).jpg

The finish is already wearing out on mine and it probably openned it 10 times.

20220503_132427.jpg

I'm not expecting a $200 Ckye-pod but i'm comparing this to something in the same price range. (Atlas & UTG Recon 360)

That's fair, and we can send you the new one or swap the unit you have now. As for the wear on the leg points, that one is to be expected since it is a locking point, and it happens quite quickly with the pin sliding against that surface.

-Anthony

Reactions: Taylorbok
Is anyone having issues with the clamp opening up on the arca version? Just got mine today and was surprised by the quality. I could not get the clamp to open up until I smacked it with a dead blow. After tightening it back down, had to do the same thing to get it to "release". Legs seem good to me but the polymer controls are way cheaper feeling than what I expected. I can over look a few things for the $200 price tag but the arca clamp setup is a huge hang up for me.

Last edited:
I just wish there were knurled bolt heads or some way to grab them on the picatinny version. It’s a pain to break out an Allen wrench to move the bipod back and forth between rifles. I assumed it would have something similar to the ARCA setup.

If you can get the clamp side off the mount and just put it in on one side like this first pic it slides in and out like butter. Does this no matter what side you put it in as long as it's one side/pin at a time. Inserting it correctly jams it up to a point where it won't come back off without some serious effort and it wouldn't tighten down on to any of my RRS or 419 rails. MDT is legendary for making stuff right, but this is pretty bad.
PXL_20220524_204600003.jpg
PXL_20220524_204548218.jpg
PXL_20220524_204218250.jpg

Thank you for the pictures. We are aware of the issue and we are fixing it now. We will get you a new clamp to fix that up.

-Anthony

Reactions: jsimonh
IMG_4835.JPG

IMG_4834.JPG

Just got mine today.
Ordered on 30 Apr 22 so a little shy of 10 weeks.
Fit was great and I had no problems with it.
Originally had it further back but realized with the legs fully extended they were past the front of the magazine.
With it fully forward I can fold the legs back while fully extended without interfering with a mag change.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
Nice! Great to hear, yes, the GRND Pod was a weird challenge, honestly, but glad to hear you got it, and it's working out for you!

-Anthony

I noticed it says the Ckye-Pod will also work on this bipod.
I was wondering if the Ckye-pod feet also use a roll pin or are they a ball detent style?
And if they are the ball detent style do you sell them separately?
Looking to have feet that are easier to switch out.
Thanks.

I was wondering if the Ckye-pod feet also use a roll pin or are they a ball detent style?
Thanks.
They are a ball/detent style and you'll have to ask @MDT_OFFICIAL if they're able to sell them separately!

- Josh

Reactions: kc7pwx
Thanks.
We don't have them available for purchase yet, but possible here soon!

-Anthony

Reactions: kc7pwx
Some of you punks sure are being critical of an obvious “gateway drug” bipod. It is obviously not supposed to measure up to things costing twice as much.

Some of you punks sure are being critical of an obvious “gateway drug” bipod. It is obviously not supposed to measure up to things costing twice as much.
lol, it doesnt measure up to things half as much.

Anyone know where to find one with ARCA mount. It is the only piece missing from my build.

Anyone know where to find one with ARCA mount. It is the only piece missing from my build.

Apparently brownells has ARMS 17 MDT GRND pods so you can put a RRS SC-ARC on it and be set

If I remember correctly I lucked out they were on sale and also offered a coupon or something. It’s well worth what I paid in my opinion.

Reactions: 5RWill