• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Oryx Chassis

Dry wall screws would definitely be a poor choice! :ROFLMAO:

Nice job on the rider mod.

Last edited:
New to chassis style stocks. Have an oryx chassis coming this week and was wondering what some options would be for mlock adapter for Harris style bipods? Any help would be appreciated

And also does anyone know if the Vanguard equalizer 1Qs bipod with picatinny rail system will mount up with this chassis?

I have had my oryx for a couple of months and I only have one complaint. The height of the rear of the butt stock makes it hard to insert my bore guide. With the adjustable cheek riser why does it need to be so high? I don't mind bending my cleaning rod a little but not my xxi century bore guide.

I have had my oryx for a couple of months and I only have one complaint. The height of the rear of the butt stock makes it hard to insert my bore guide. With the adjustable cheek riser why does it need to be so high? I don't mind bending my cleaning rod a little but not my xxi century bore guide.

This is a constant battle for us in design as you want to keep the recoil path linear and into the shooters shoulder, but also have clearance with the chamber and bore for cleaning and disassembly. For the Oryx, we split the difference and left as much clearance in there, whilst still keeping the buttpad up high into the shooters shoulder.

The MDT SCS and SRS line of stocks feature an adjustable buttpad height for this reason too.

Thank you for the reply. I understand those other considerations would affect the price point. Just a little feed back from me. Greg

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Does the sling stud have to be direct from oryx or what sling stud will work on the front hole?

The front hole is tapped 10-32, most fine thread swivel studs from Brownells, Uncle Mikes, Yankee Hill, etc... will work.

That being said, if you get a MLOK bipod adapter it negates the need for a separate swivel stud.

I had an mlock Rail so I put it on for my bipod. It was just the rail and no stud

I'd suggest not using a stud and instead use a mlok adapter.

I installed the stud from MDT for use with a Harris bipod. I found that the Harris rotated and wouldnt stay in line with the stock. This wasn't due to the stud being loose. I think it's because the the stud connector on the Harris isn't intended to be very tight and the base of the Harris was sitting up against the flat bottom Of the stock. I went to a mlok adapter because it sat in the channel in the base of the Harris mount and acted to keep it from rotating.

Reactions: Jibles
I decided to run a utg recon, already had an m lock rail. But no way to attach sling to bipod, so was just going to run a sling stud in front and qd on rear

Reactions: gnochi
I am looking for three owners of an Oryx chassis to provide testing feedback for an Oryx related item. Long-range precision shooting experience is preferable. If interested send me a PM. You will be supplied with an item for testing and review. Thanks

I must have missed it somehow, is the Oryx available for Savage LA now? Seems to be available on the website. I thought I signed up for an email if/when it was available but hadn't heard anything. TIA

I must have missed it somehow, is the Oryx available for Savage LA now? Seems to be available on the website. I thought I signed up for an email if/when it was available but hadn't heard anything. TIA

Just got one for a Savage LA. Really like it so far.

Yes, it sure is. It's possible the e-mail was filtered out by a spam filter of some kind. Automatically generated e-mails usually get flagged.

MDT guys, which arca rail would you suggest for putting on the oryx to get as long an arca rail as possible?

Also do you anticipate Oryx being part of the famous MDT black Friday sale?

Reactions: ChadL
MDT guys, which arca rail would you suggest for putting on the oryx to get as long an arca rail as possible?

Also do you anticipate Oryx being part of the famous MDT black Friday sale?
I’m not an MDT guy, but I had an Oryx. You can put the 8 inch Area 419 rail on and it will have an inch of overhang off the front, and fill out the flat part of the forend. It’s a good combination but you can’t really fit anything longer.

EDIT: by "not an MDT guy" I just mean I don't work for them. I'm a fan of their stuff though.

Last edited:

Also, do you anticipate Oryx being part of the famous MDT black Friday sale?
We are going to be releasing a full-length ARCA rail for the Oryx in the coming weeks. Possibly! Check back with the website.

Reactions: Bayhawk21
Doing a little testing today
Bag rider 1.jpg

Oryx Chassis is having a Black Friday Sale! If you want a good deal on an ORYX chassis, now is the time. Go to oryxchassis.com

Reactions: Central Line
I ordered two Oryx chassis. One for a Savage LA I'm planning to build and the other for a Howa SA to get rid of that stock it came in. Can't wait to get them to the range!!

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
My 2 Oryx chassis for a pair of Savage 12FV donors in .243 and .223 I sprayed the chassis metal in Alumahyde to smooth out the rough anodizing and painted the plastic panels with Krylon for a different look on one of them. I was almost going to pick up a 3rd one on the blemish sale but picked up a MDT Savage Stealth with stock for the same price. As a side note the .223 is using Ruger mags with modified feed lips.

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_161123.jpg
    IMG_20190728_161123.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 343
Celltech, who makes the check rests on your two chassis? Hope i didn't miss it before.

I bet it did, I got a nice deal on some mags myself. BTY thanks for the super fast reply.

No problem at all! Still at the office working to help answer questions customers are having about the sale.

FWIW I am still loving this chassis! That Black Friday deal was a no-brainer. I almost bought another one though I did not know what action I would purchase it for. Another Howa? That is a rhetorical question :)

FWIW I am still loving this chassis! That Black Friday deal was a no-brainer. I almost bought another one though I did not know what action I would purchase it for. Another Howa? That is a rhetorical question :)

I bought a Howa 1500 in an Oryx chassis. First experience with both. I really enjoy the chassis. The 1500 has really impressed me. Great action.

I couldn't pass up on that deal either. I'm dropping my CZ 455/Keystone action in it and putting on a XLR M-Lok benchrest plate up front (when I find one) and I think it'll make a great setup for bench shooting.

Scored a BF deal on a prefit barrel from Columbia River for my 223 so another Oryx was a no brainer. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to paint it so it's not the same as my 6.5.

Looks nice.

Did they give a weight? I`m looking for a chassis for a Remington and a friend for a tikka.

I`m on a crappy cell are the panels tan or silver?
They only sell them with FDE panels. If you want black, green or grey you can buy them.