• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Oryx Chassis

Nice, any chance of a full body shot lol
Here u go??? Running an Athlon Ares ETR on a Vudoo V22..

Resized_20190331_115429_3849.jpeg

Oryx your Website is terrible as far as ordering neither Win 10 Browser or Chrome seems to work I get as far as place order and Nada Nothing . Man I order gun stuff all over the US and no problems what's up???

Reactions: go4shoot
Midway needs to have Oryx do there shipping, It came today and I orders it I think Monday. Chassis looks very nice well machined everything fit very well. One thing of note. This is for a Ruger Predator in 6.5 Grendel. Short cartridges have been a problem. I shoot from a bench on a range so I really don't need ten round mags. It would be nice and I will work on that soon. What I did today is take the "Bobsled" out of my RPR and stuffed in the mag well dropped a round in an damn it chambered just fine. I repeated that several times and nothing jammed or dove up or down. So right now I'm good to go till a mag gets here and talk my buddy with a 3D printer to go to work.

I had to wait about 3 weeks, but optics planet came through and I have shipping confirmation.

With OP you get 10% off coupon use and free shipping.

I've been getting some good groups at long range with my Vudoo and my Oryx chassis. The Oryx chassis provides a good solid platform which helps getting those long range hits. This is a typical group with Center X at 200 m (218 yards ) when the wind isn't blowing too hard ☺

Ed

Reactions: TACC
Oryx your Website is terrible as far as ordering neither Win 10 Browser or Chrome seems to work I get as far as place order and Nada Nothing . Man I order gun stuff all over the US and no problems what's up???

I had issues with chrome as well. It worked just fine at first, and then just wouldn't. I cleared the cookies and then it worked just fine. You might give that a shot if you haven't already.

This is my RAP in 6.5 Grendel I made a sled that works great , waiting for a proper magazine. The Bag Rider is an set of 1 inch scope rings trimmed and bolted to an L bracket, 1 " Aluminum tube with end caps. The Oryx chassis fits really well.

Reactions: awp101
Can anyone comment on the rigidity of the fore end? I know it was discussed earlier in the thread but haven’t seen much else on the subject.

Really like the look of the chassis but I’m thinking a 28” M24 SAUM barrel might be a little too much for it in terms of stability.

Can anyone comment on the rigidity of the fore end? I know it was discussed earlier in the thread but haven’t seen much else on the subject.

Really like the look of the chassis but I’m thinking a 28” M24 SAUM barrel might be a little too much for it in terms of stability.

It's hard to quantify, but it's a rigid, aluminum backbone that runs the length of the chassis. The forend flex will be comparable to most chassis currently on the market, and less than most fiberglass/CF/composite stocks on the market :)

If you'd like specifics, let me know.

It's hard to quantify, but it's a rigid, aluminum backbone that runs the length of the chassis. The forend flex will be comparable to most chassis currently on the market, and less than most fiberglass/CF/composite stocks on the market :)

If you'd like specifics, let me know.

Time to suspend it between a couple objects and stand in the middle. Who's got the money to spare? We'll also need to run it over with a Hummer to show is military grade. :geek::LOL:

Reactions: TACC and MDT_Josh
@MDT_Josh my oryx just got delivered and I noticed that there's a spot just forward of the recoil lug pocket that's milled out and looks to be where something is meant to go. Any idea what its there for?

Reactions: TACC and MDT_Josh
Just a reminder that the stock comes with one spacer, so if you have a longer length of pull you may want to buy the spacer kit.

Reactions: Bevo and MDT_Josh

Just got mine in today for my 223. Tossed a Ergo straight grip on it. Initial inspection I like the feel. Just need to find something to add to the plastic cheek riser to make it a tad more comfy.

Reactions: geek65
You can add some neoprene self stick padding to it, should make it more comfy!

TM6

XLR also sells the self-adhesive foam strips that work well. I think they’re like $2 each or something. Cut to size, stick, and go.

Reactions: TACC and Bevo
Just heard some bad news that the oryx cz455 chassis was put on hold. Sure sucks since I have been holding out since I saw a few months ago that they should be released this month.

I see there is a Howa LA, when will there be a rem 700 LA available?

Just ordered one for a Savage 10 FCP/SR. Excited to get away from the accustock and crappy Savage double-stack magazine.
I don't have my Savage 10 FCP-SR anymore, but getting away from the proprietary Savage mags was great when I went to AICS bottom metal. You won't regret it. Also note, if you go with an Magpul poly mag you might have to shave off a little of the feed ramps towards the front to work well with the Savage action. Some people have this problem, while others don't.

I don't have my Savage 10 FCP-SR anymore, but getting away from the proprietary Savage mags was great when I went to AICS bottom metal. You won't regret it. Also note, if you go with an Magpul poly mag you might have to shave off a little of the feed ramps towards the front to work well with the Savage action. Some people have this problem, while others don't.
I have that issue with my Savage 10T. MDT mags work well but Magpul feed lips get in the way.

Reactions: WhtCivic93
Got the chassis in today, still waiting on the magazine... then I gotta get some range time in. But, initial impressions:

Savage Model 10 FCP-SR.

Feels very solid. I had worried that the LOP would be too short, but with the included spacer it was similar to the Savage Accustock. I'm happy with it where it is. The cheek riser was easy enough to adjust, just took a little trial and error. I don't see myself changing it unless I change the scope. The combination of the LOP and cheek riser allows a nice reference point for cheek weld, similar to my stocks on my AR's and the reference point I use for my compound bow. Had to move my scope back two slots on the mount for eye relief compared to where it was with the accustock. Overall, the stock feels like it fits me really well.

I was also worried the grip would be too big... I've got little girly hands. It's plenty comfortable though. Fore-end feels good too.

Here's my initial gripe though:
The rear of the stock has built in QD sockets for slings. Thats great! But there's nothing on the front. Plenty of meat on the fore-end past the threaded hole for a sling stud that could have had a QD socket milled into it. Might have to have a QD cup installed up there

@MDT_Josh Is there an estimated update on when the T1X version will be available? Last I heard it would be 6-8 weeks and that was almost 9 weeks ago. Just want to know if I should keep waiting, or look for other options.

Reactions: 0dd
@MDT_Josh Is there an estimated update on when the T1X version will be available? Last I heard it would be 6-8 weeks and that was almost 9 weeks ago. Just want to know if I should keep waiting, or look for other options.

We have the design finished and approved, just waiting on production/assembly. I am sorry that we don't have some more solid dates for you, but the chassis should be available any time now!

Which would give you a qd Mount at the front :)

You could also mount on of the M-Lok QD mounts that we have available too :)

Reactions: 0dd

I've got one of these QD Thingys on order to try on my oryx. I like the idea of a flexible mounting point over one on the bottom being on a different plain than the rear one.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
We have the design finished and approved, just waiting on production/assembly. I am sorry that we don't have some more solid dates for you, but the chassis should be available any time now!

Thanks for the reply. Any info is better than no info. I’ll keep holding out.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
More forward sling attachment discussion,
With a full arca type rail there is no provision for a sling attachment on the forend. Any ideas out there?