• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MDT Oryx Chassis

Am I the first stainless barrel in an oryx?

I'm new to this whole chassis idea, but would like to try one. I have a brand new Rem 700 , 308 , varmint barrel. It is an ADL, so if I get the chassis that fits the Rem 700 SA and order magazines, metal or polymer which ever is more reliable/durable, I should be set correct?

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend there spacer kit for LOP adjustments as well as hardware for bipod atatchment.

So within the same sku top and bottom bolt release and 4.275 and 4.4 are all supported?
Yes, we use an offest washer on the front action screw, and there is a slot milled in the side for bottom bolt release rifles.

I'm new to this whole chassis idea, but would like to try one. I have a brand new Rem 700 , 308 , varmint barrel. It is an ADL, so if I get the chassis that fits the Rem 700 SA and order magazines, metal or polymer which ever is more reliable/durable, I should be set correct?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, that is correct. Polymer vs. metal will both function the same it just depends on what your needs are. The polymer is an 8 round magazine and can run up to 2.800" overall. Whereas steel magazines are offered in 5, 10, and 12 round configurations and start at 2.870" with a binder plate, so there is lots of room!

I have an Oryx on a Tikka T3x in 223 and I have a MDT LSS-XL Gen 2 on a Howa Mini-action in 6.5 Grendel with the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock. I like that stock better than the Magpul PRS any day.

How do you like the oryx compared to the LSS-Xl?
For the price its nice, I do wish the forend had a flat bottom to put a full ARCA rail on but I have a 7" rail on it. The stock could use a bit more on the bottom to ride bags better but all and all I like it.

For the price its nice, I do wish the forend had a flat bottom to put a full ARCA rail on but I have a 7" rail on it. The stock could use a bit more on the bottom to ride bags better but all and all I like it.
I agree with this, Ive been able to use my large triad wedgie to reach up on the next higher part but its less than optimal with a regular bag. The bag slide up and forward.

Also, notice how the cheek riser is below that rear part? That pushes my hl impact ear muffs with gel cups up and out off my head. Maybe its just a ruger thing with the super thin top rail thats causing the scope to be relatively lower than a rem 700 but thats my biggest gripe so far. Should have taken a pic more straight on from the side to show that the scope isnt really all that low, medium arc m10s.

Will this work with the new Savage 110 Prairie Hunter in 224 Valk and are there any plans to offer mags in 6.8SPC/224 valkyrie? Getting one for my 308 Precision Carbine regardless but I'd get a Prairie Hunter if I could find a chassis option

Will this work with the new Savage 110 Prairie Hunter in 224 Valk and are there any plans to offer mags in 6.8SPC/224 valkyrie? Getting one for my 308 Precision Carbine regardless but I'd get a Prairie Hunter if I could find a chassis option

It will bolt up to it no problem, the magazines will be an issue, right now there is only one company out there offering a 224 Valk AICS mag, basically they are taking our polymer mag and modifying the feed lips to work

Reactions: PoniesWhee
MDT,

Will you guys be at the EXPO next month with the Oryx?

Any update on a possible left handed Oryx for Savage short action?

We are focused on the right hand offerings at the moment but if there is enough demand for left handed we will considering it for sure, we have a product request section at the bottom of the Oryx website.

MDT,

Will you guys be at the EXPO next month with the Oryx?

We are manufacturing and selling Oryx at a retail level, the distribution is being through Legacy Sports International and they and their partners will be doing any trade shows and expos with the Oryx product. I am not sure if they will be in attendance.

Reactions: RFutch
Add me to the list for a folding stock option. Long barrels with suppressor need folding stocks. Savage and howa inlets please .

Awesome video, thanks.

Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it!

I am looking forward to trying out the Oryx chassis in a budget build with a Ruger American or a Savage barreled action.

@MDT_OFFICIAL any plans for Oryx for Thompson Center barreled actions?

Has anyone drilled and tapped the bottom of the buttstock to add a bag rider?

Came in yesterday. Got my bottom bolt release Precision Carbine bolted in and it fit perfectly. The PMAG needed a little futzing with the feed lips to fit in the Savage action but it feeds fine. A 300mm generic Arca rail fit the fore end exactly.. I just cut a little notch in it where it bends to fit the bottom of the chassis so it doesn't put any upward stress on the fore end.
oryx-03333.JPG

Has anybody drilled and tapped the forend for a QD cup yet? Just a passing thought while at work walking by the mill in my shop. Not even sure if there is enough aluminum in the end for it.

Reactions: Rover31
Has anybody drilled and tapped the forend for a QD cup yet? Just a passing thought while at work walking by the mill in my shop. Not even sure if there is enough aluminum in the end for it.

Interested in this as well.

I have a Howa Oryx here but it's a T&E rifle so I can't permanently modify it but I took a look with a Grove-Tec flush cup socket and it's possible I think. It looks like there's enough meat to drill and tap the side of the chassis and with the socket going into the barrel channel about 1/16", the top of the socket would be flush with the outside of the plastic skin.

Might be something I do when I go to rebarrel then.
Have a Savage SA that will probably only ever see a medium profile barrel so no worry about anything touching.

Here's some pics:

With the socket coming through here the stock has the most amount of meat and you won't be anywhere near the barrel. This is also roughly centered up in the plastic skin too.
20190818_200317.jpg

I'd estimate that you'd get about four threads of engagement coming through the chassis and with some epoxy on the threads and the backside, I bet it wouldn't go anywhere.
20190818_200524.jpg

Reactions: Rover31 and 260284
I was also looking at putting it on the very end as well. Not sure how it would hang when slung from the tip though.
Not sure how I could do that though and be positive I would be flush.

Back on page 5 there was a screen shot that showed an estimated ship date for the Mossberg MVP 223 inlet of May 31, but it's not showing up on the drop down as an option. Are you guys still going to do the Oryx in an MVP inlet?

Back on page 5 there was a screen shot that showed an estimated ship date for the Mossberg MVP 223 inlet of May 31, but it's not showing up on the drop down as an option. Are you guys still going to do the Oryx in an MVP inlet?
Yes, we sure are! They have been delayed, but they should be available soon!