• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Meateater has gone full Commie (maybe)

Bottom line is most hunters, yes most , are not "gun people". They look at it the same way as a lawn mower. Looks like the lawn needs to be mowed get the lawn tractor. here comes hunting season... get the rifle.
This is true. Quick story...One year we had a late season cow elk hunt that was instituted by the FWP. We had about 800 head of elk on our place and we wanted to help people fill their freezers and get a few. We also didn't want a bunch of fudds driving around and fucking things up. What ensued was this really weird game of "hunting dodgeball" where we would sort of de facto "guide" hunters who showed up at our place to try and get a cow. We kind of "picked teams" and set off with them to help them get an elk. Up until that point,I had assumed that most hunters were sort of like me and had a fairly firm grasp on not only the basics of hunting, but of general marksmanship and "riflery" if you will. Holy shit, was I wrong. Unfortunately, out of the 30 or so folks we had, I would say 5 knew what the hell they were doing. The others couldn't shoot, couldn't hike, couldn't see, couldn't track, basically helpless. Most were actually so out of shape they quit less than 200 yards from the vehicle. If it did come down to shooting, that was even more pathetic.

I was both surprised and incredibly disappointed. If you use that rough cross section of knowledge and apply it to the general hunting public, you start to make some sobering conclusions. Not only do you realize most hunters are not gun people, most hunters aren't really hunters.

This is true. Quick story...One year we had a late season cow elk hunt that was instituted by the FWP. We had about 800 head of elk on our place and we wanted to help people fill their freezers and get a few. We also didn't want a bunch of fudds driving around and fucking things up. What ensued was this really weird game of "hunting dodgeball" where we would sort of de facto "guide" hunters who showed up at our place to try and get a cow. We kind of "picked teams" and set off with them to help them get an elk. Up until that point,I had assumed that most hunters were sort of like me and had a fairly firm grasp on not only the basics of hunting, but of general marksmanship and "riflery" if you will. Holy shit, was I wrong. Unfortunately, out of the 30 or so folks we had, I would say 5 knew what the hell they were doing. The others couldn't shoot, couldn't hike, couldn't see, couldn't track, basically helpless. Most were actually so out of shape they quit less than 200 yards from the vehicle. If it did come down to shooting, that was even more pathetic.

I was both surprised and incredibly disappointed. If you use that rough cross section of knowledge and apply it to the general hunting public, you start to make some sobering conclusions. Not only do you realize most hunters are not gun people, most hunters aren't really hunters.
I see it all the time. Fatties sitting in the truck or sxs with shitty glass driving every trail or dirt road, but never making it past 100' from the vehicle. Ive seen deer below them while they are glassing 2 miles away with their basic vortex 10x binos. Pretty amusing.

You'll lose 90% of hunters if you get just one mile from a road, which aint very far. That says a lot.
Alaska says you have to be at least 5 miles from the road to gun hunt the tundra. You don’t see many walkers out there, most fly in.

Reactions: powdahound76

Every year. Every single year, I actually did a podcast over some of our experiences with these types of situations.

Of course, thats why 90% of the hunters are on the roads, because that's where the critters are. the 10% that leave the roads just wander aimlessly taking their guns for a walk.

I like long walks in the woods any time of year.
Doing it with a bow or rifle is just that much better. 😎

You will likely get blisters, humped by a bear, frostbite, bit by rattlesnake, struck by lightning, hit by a falling beetle kill tree, stomped by a moose, buried in avalanche, injured in rock fall, slip and fall down scree field, and hypothermia if you go more than 500 yds from truck or UTV.

Trust me. Its for yer well being. 😉

I like long walks in the woods any time of year.
Doing it with a bow or rifle is just that much better. 😎

You will likely get blisters, humped by a bear, frostbite, bit by rattlesnake, struck by lightning, hit by a falling beetle kill tree, stomped by a moose, buried in avalanche, injured in rock fall, slip and fall down scree field, and hypothermia if you go more than 500 yds from truck or UTV.

Trust me. Its for yer well being. 😉

Ahhh! Nothing like your first bear raping!

Of course, thats why 90% of the hunters are on the roads, because that's where the critters are. the 10% that leave the roads just wander aimlessly taking their guns for a walk.
Finally, someone gets it.

Talk about selling out to libs, you might look into where BHA is spending your money.
They aren’t spending my money. Vortex seems fine with them spending their money though.

Last edited:

I am ready, willing and available to perform elk population management for you or your friends, family or neighbors, just DM me.

This may come as no surpise to some of the more cynical among you but I was shocked to hear Steve Rinella openly discussing nullifying the entire Constitution and our system of government because "Some of the Founders owned slaves." It's on episode #455 of the Meateater Podcast (about 13 minutes in) if anyone is interested to hear the original content. I listened three times to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. They were discussing the Audubon Society's supposed conversation around renaming themselves due to Audubon having owned slaves. Whatever, who cares about the stupid bird-watchers, it's a symptom of the bigger problem we have (Marxist invasion of EVERY SINGLE INSTITUTION) but kind of par for the course these days, as sad as that is.

I knew they had some leftist idiots on board with the company but what shocked me was that Rinella casually said "The end of this conversation will someday land on...do we throw away the Constitution because of what the people who wrote that (document) were up to." He goes on to state something to the effect of; "It's an interesting intellectual conversation because if we get rid of the Constitution, since the writers were slave owners, what would we use to interpret the law?"

He does not say how ridiculous an idea that is or defend the Constitution in any way, shape or form.

I will be cutting off all support for them and have written them, but just me doing that won't matter much. I don't think we change his opinion but I know a lot of patriotic American's that wear First Lite, use Phelp's game calls and watch his show. We need to stop, time to stop supporting these wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'm hopeful that companies like Thunderbeast (@Zak Smith) and Mile High Shooting will be publicly cutting ties with these anti-American Bozeman commies as well. Let's Jim Zumbo their traitorous asses.
Only seen his show once , told a friend something was shady about him. I knew nothing about him , but my gut was correct. Fuck him 🖕🏼

Reactions: Milf Dots
That
I have had issues with his political stances for a while. That and he is a complete sell out and to an anti-gun investment company to boot, the Chernin Group.
There is a outdoor based company called Seek Outside based in Colorado. The owner had that anti gun fuck ex Kimber exec, Ryan Busse on their company podcast to promote his anti-gun book. Ballsy from someone who makes a huge part of their income from hunters.

Woke-ism is all around us.
That really sucks about Seek. I've got one of their tent and stove set ups. It's getting harder and harder to spend money with like minded businesses.

That

That really sucks about Seek. I've got one of their tent and stove set ups. It's getting harder and harder to spend money with like minded businesses.
Its true. More and more companies hitting the blacklist. Just sell your shit and keep out of the politics. Does the virtue signaling really get them more sales over just shutting the fuck up and making a good product? In some ways its nice to know where they stand so we can choose not to support them but I cant buy a product I like if I KNOW they are libtard anti gunners.

Reactions: mosin46
That

Agreed. I used to listen to their podcast for gear thoughts too but won't be going back.

I listen to the podcast occasionally. Pretty much just because some of the guests he has on are good listens, and for when he steps on his dick. But he’s getting increasingly hard to put up with, I can’t stand his personal politics or views.

Reactions: striped1