• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MEC marksman press?

GrendelShooter

Private
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2017
Behind enemy lines, Ca
Hello all.
im about ready to start load development for my grendel.

I've got a variety of powder, ball, and brass. Built a new rock solid bench to do it on, and have the space allocated. Forster micrometer seating die and full length sizing die are on the way.

Now I just need a press!
I was going to go with a Dillon 550, but I really want to make good, high quality ammo for my Grendel and 5.56. I tend to be the guy that wants everything faster so a single stage will help slow me down and focus on the task at hand.

Id love a Forster co-ax but it's not in stock and fairly expensive for what it is. The MEC marksman seems to do just about everything the coax does for about half the price. Is it legit? Anyone here used one successfully?

edit: searched for the MEC marksman on the forums with no real results.

Hello all.
im about ready to start load development for my grendel.

I've got a variety of powder, ball, and brass. Built a new rock solid bench to do it on, and have the space allocated. Forster micrometer seating die and full length sizing die are on the way.

Now I just need a press!
I was going to go with a Dillon 550, but I really want to make good, high quality ammo for my Grendel and 5.56. I tend to be the guy that wants everything faster so a single stage will help slow me down and focus on the task at hand.

Id love a Forster co-ax but it's not in stock and fairly expensive for what it is. The MEC marksman seems to do just about everything the coax does for about half the price. Is it legit? Anyone here used one successfully?

edit: searched for the MEC marksman on the forums with no real results.

Buy with confidence. I use one of these for primary F-class reloading and prefer it over a Redding Big Boss II which was the first press I owned. The MEC is fantastic value for money.

I bought one after reading people rave about it on here. It's buttery smooth and a wonder to use.

I love my mec. Someone local to me had a co ax for sale last week for $250 with a inline fab mount!
It was so hard for me not to buy that, but the Mec does everything I need and am happy enough with it, that passed on the coax

Funny, i just passed on a coax because im happy with my mec.

It replaced my rcII.

I really like it, smooth, good leverage, ample cartridge clearance....it loads 1/3moa ammo.

The powdercoating is pretty soft, but i dont care...scratches and dings are a part of life.

Shred

I have one and like it. Smooth operation and loads consistent ammo.

I absolutely love mine, I’ve had a lot of single stages in my life. And none are as smooth or as consistent. It’s hard stop It has way more leverage than a “o” frame type press. And It comes with a stand. Plus it’s handsome. My only beef and it’s really splitting hairs is that the shell holder spins when you take the case out sometimes. I guess is part of the free float design it honestly my ammo is just as concentric with the mec as it was with the iron it replaced. But the shoulder bump is spot on everytime, can’t say the same for the cam over Hornady.

Reactions: Jmccracken1214
Love my MEC Marksman! Only problem was getting one that wasn't beat to hell. Not sure if that's still an issue. But in the past there packaging sucked.
I replaced my RC with it and I chose it over the Forster (which is also nice). No regrets. Also, recommend buying the MEC stand.