• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Members from alaska

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Planning on driving up next spring, wondering about the feasibility of selling my 2002 Chevy 3500 Express van and taking the ferry back. . Do work type vehicles bring good prices? High mileage probably 280,000 by the time it gets there but has been on Amsoil since the first oil/transmission fluid/rear end oil change, regular maintenance including grease on all tits, everything works but it looks rough because of the crappy paint jobs chevy did during that time period...the paint just peels off. Good tires and new brakes all around.

Do they bring enough to make it worth it?

Any vehicle that sells in Alaska usually sells for a premium. The main reason is because of the additional expenses to get the vehicle up here. If you want to drive it up the Alcan Hwy and you have extra time it might be worth it. The benefit is that you won’t have to rent a car up here in the summer. Vehicles rent for a premium and are usually in limited supply. People a few years ago were renting uhaul trucks and driving them because it was cheaper and there were none available during the rental car crisis.

Some current prices……

Attachments

• 3393821C-6360-4953-978A-CC4DE4AE8BC1.png
      3393821C-6360-4953-978A-CC4DE4AE8BC1.png
      1.8 MB · Views: 73
    Reactions: Maggot
    Looks like they bring a bit more but not a lot, by today's prices.
    They really don’t bring all that much more. Your rig might be a tough sell if you’re trying to pay for your entire trip, it’ll sell but not for the premiums you’re looking for. The hidden secret is enclosed SxS trailers, car haulers, stuff like that. Buy one of those brand new and drag it up here, you’ll make a few grand. This past spring I was happy to pay $5400 for a 2023 20’ car hauler that I knew the guy made 2k on, but try to find that same trailer in that condition up here locally, I saved a couple grand. You do have to consider the area of the state in that, know your customer base. I assume you’re taking the ferry out of Whittier?

Buy USMC scopes from Euro-Optics and Flip'em .

That's where the money is.

They really don’t bring all that much more. Your rig might be a tough sell if you’re trying to pay for your entire trip, it’ll sell but not for the premiums you’re looking for. The hidden secret is enclosed SxS trailers, car haulers, stuff like that. Buy one of those brand new and drag it up here, you’ll make a few grand. This past spring I was happy to pay $5400 for a 2023 20’ car hauler that I knew the guy made 2k on, but try to find that same trailer in that condition up here locally, I saved a couple grand. You do have to consider the area of the state in that, know your customer base. I assume you’re taking the ferry out of Whittier?
    Dont have a definite plan yet. Thanks for the info.

You won't pay for your trip if that's what your thinking. You might just end up staying longer than you think to sell it.