• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mental Health/ Resetting

Nothing beats flying over all your problems.
20230520_202247.jpg

Interesting he went back there, because Pink Floyd did a live recording/music film at Pompeii in the 1970's. I still don't have the 'album' or tracks but I have heard it is is quite remarkable.

Yes, Pink Floyd is relaxing for sure!

But not as relaxing as cuttting chips or making sawdust. Or putting holes in holes...

But everyone's relaxation is different!

Cheers,

Sirhr
Not that many have a quadrophonic setup any more

I'm glad to hear you and others are able to "reset" from work with their hobbies. My job, and my personal desire not to fail the company, led to the loss of hobbies and dwindled friendships over 42 years of work. It wasn't about putting the job first so much, but rather the desire not to fail. I could never really "get away" from the thought of the current bids, the upcoming bids, strategizing, risks, resources, personnel, etc. The company got my soul. Luckily, I have a great wife. This year I pulled the pin mid-year after planning to work another year, and one day said "that's enough" and walked away. We have good health and are in good shape for our age (based on a recent class reunion I attended, lol) and at 63, I realize there are so many good years left to do the things we've always talked about. BEST RESET EVER!

Not sure which mental health crisis your speaking of but I sure wish I could grow King Salmon and Mahi 100' form the back door. Hard to find decent fish in SW Oklahoma.

Being mostly a loner, I enjoy getting away to shoot, and the occasional class to meet up with others.

Who had a melt down?
Mt6 part 2.

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
@Maggot I wish this was a live pump. At my parents under a 70' windmill. The windmill is next on the list. The blade assembly fell off and bent to shit. But I think I can bend it all back, braze and rivet back to gether. Then borrow my uncles crane and fly it up.

@Maggot I wish this was a live pump. At my parents under a 70' windmill. The windmill is next on the list. The blade assembly fell off and bent to shit. But I think I can bend it all back, braze and rivet back to gether. Then borrow my uncles crane and fly it up.
Their pump is still there, they just got " Inside water" . Got an inside terlit shortly after and didnt have to walk 100 yds to the out house and fight snakes and Black Widows.

I had a working Chicago Aeromotor on the well in Texas, The westerlies kept both tanks full of clear, cool water.

Reactions: camocorvette
Regarding the OP question.

I tend to be a real loner, have a few dear friends scattered about the world, but spend 95% of my time alone. Dont really like bars. Having the Hide is like having your favorite club, or bar to go hang out in, laugh, bitch about the world, and get stuff off your chest. Made a couple of good buddies to shoot with.

Im not in the oldest wave of members here, but since 07 I've seen tremendous change, and improvement.

Thanks to @Lowlight and ALL OF US for making it what it is.

Maggot, out

Regarding the OP question.

I tend to be a real loner, have a few dear friends scattered about the world, but spend 95% of my time alone. Dont really like bars. Having the Hide is like having your favorite club, or bar to go hang out in, laugh, bitch about the world, and get stuff off your chest. Made a couple of good buddies to shoot with.

Im not in the oldest wave of members here, but since 07 I've seen tremendous change, and improvement.

Thanks to @Lowlight and ALL OF US for making it what it is.

Maggot, out
Lest all see if we can spot the BROWN nose, shall we?

Lest all see if we can spot the BROWN nose, shall we?
That was expected.:rolleyes:

If you'd been here as long as some of us, you'd appreciate what I said, junior.:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Pbgt
That was expected.:rolleyes:

If you'd been here as long as some of us, you'd appreciate what I said, junior.:ROFLMAO:
I follow you, we are on the same wave length...I was just being a sarcastic azzhole, sir.

• Love
My reset is cooking, love doing it. Almost went to culinary school, decided heavy equipment mechanics made more money lol, but been hell on my body.
Try to get my two girls involved with it. They help me as much as possible.
IMG_0577.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg
IMG_0470.jpeg
IMG_0502.jpeg

Reactions: Mooseknuckles
Nice loaf of Rye? I love baking and make ginger cookies to kill for. Lots of FRESH and candied ginger, honey instead of sugar.
Thank you! Actually sour dough. My wife is teaching me to bake. Lol

Thank you! Actually sour dough. My wife is teaching me to bake. Lol
Man my wife has been down the baking worm hole here lately, we have a sourdough starter on the kitchen counter and she’s been cranking out all kinds of awesome stuff. Way more science in baking then I would have ever thought.

She made sourdough pizza crust the other day and it was 🤌

Man my wife has been down the baking worm hole here lately, we have a sourdough starter on the kitchen counter and she’s been cranking out all kinds of awesome stuff. Way more science in baking then I would have ever thought.

She made sourdough pizza crust the other day and it was 🤌
The same with my wife, she has made everything from sour dough bread to cookies, brownies, pizza dough. I love it!

I did deer jerky and deer breakfast sausage this weekend, my kiddos love it! Cooking is a great way to take your mind off of other things and be creative.

The same with my wife, she has made everything from sour dough bread to cookies, brownies, pizza dough. I love it!

I did deer jerky and deer breakfast sausage this weekend, my kiddos love it! Cooking is a great way to take your mind off of other things and be creative.
And so many options. I make a big batch of chili rellenos and freeze them. Hard to get the real ones in restaurants, they roll them in egg batter which ruins the tase of the chili.

Cooking not only allows you to be creative in the kitchen but also provides a sense of accomplishment when you whip up delicious dishes.
There is zero fucking chance you signed up to pass on that kernel of knowledge on a precision firearm website without ulterior spamming intentions.

Go fuck yourself with a pine tree.

Getting outside and doing some shooting, hunting, camping, hiking, etc helps me reset. A hard reset for me is a week off work spent in the mountains. Unfortunately for me I live in the barren wasteland (when it comes to outdoor activities) that is eastern Nebraska. All private land, lots of people, not exactly ideal. In fact, it's a pretty shit place to live if you love the outdoors.

What was the mental health crisis that unfolded here?

Reloading and shooting. Although admittedly sometimes those two cause more stress than they relieve.

Squirrel hunting with my .32 rocklock when it's in season and not too hot out. (I guess if we get the snow they're calling for I can take the .32 rabbit hunting)

Leather work. My wife really encouraged me and bought me an actual leather sewing machine... I think her idea was that I turn it into a paying hobby which made it more like work so I have slacked off on it. Now that the weather is getting uncooperative I may pick back up on it.

An offshoot of the leather work was making powder horns. Haven't done that for a while either. Might sell off all the crap for it too.

Used to play guitar a little bit. But haven't touched it for a while so I may sell out and use the funds (and freed up space) for more gun related things.

Yep, might be time to thin out all the crap and put the cash into the gun hobby.

Mike

What was the mental health crisis that unfolded here?

For 2 flips someone will link the epic threads post
That would have to go to Lowlight. The full relevant threads are gone as far as I can tell. Episode 1 thread lasted 3 days and over 1000 posts (don't remember exact numbers. If you remember chime in).

@johnnycat did a great summary of the whole fiasco since the good threads are gone.
Just to summarize for the new folks as the first two episodes were locked and hidden and this one will possibly get locked and hidden if Flips keeps coming back posting

Episode 1 - the "EliteUAS buys the M8541 scopes". In this Episode, our protagonist, Flips (aka EliteUAS, aka Toucan Tactical) buys out Eurooptics S&B M8541 scopes to corner the market, then brags about it on the Hide. HE gets called out for it and reacts terribly. It is then revealed that Flips has some music videos floating around. His "Flex image" is found and posted way too much. He continues to react in a way that not only does not stop people from criticizing but encourages more. We find out that he was raped by a roommate, that he was working as an undercover agent for JTAC, that he wore out his welcome on HKPro and those members came over to the Hide to dogpile. He threatened to sue everyone and took his case to Social Media, which once again did not play out as he expected. In the ensuring hilarity, Flips stickers featuring the abominable snowman were taken to SHOT Show for a game of Hide and Seek. Patches and poker chips were made up and a Snipers Hide currency ("Flips") was established. One Flip has the exchange rate of $15,000.

View attachment 8265855
The Snowman

View attachment 8265856
The stickers and poker chips

View attachment 8265860
The Flip Flex picture

Episode 2 - the MT6 thread - Flips gets arrested. It really just reminds everyone what happened in Episode 1.

Episode 3 - the MT6 story and apology referenced above. Flips logs back on to apologize to Frank. No one knows why he couldn't just send an email instead of airing things out publicly. He also explains the back story - he was off his meds to lose weight, bought a $100,000 BMW, entered a manic phase, went to the Pentagon to see his "handler" using his code name ("Flintlock"), drove like a bat out of hell back home being chased by police, drew a weapon on police, but they then put away their weapons when he explained that they were all on the same side. He explains this as a way to finally say goodbye. But after saying goodbye he doesn't leave, he just keeps doubling down.

Let me know if I left out anything pertinent

Edited to add: this thread also introduced referring to oneself in the third person, as in "Johnnnycat is impressed that this thread has gone this long. Johnnycat hopes it will continue".

Thread then went on a few tangents including discussions regarding women on the Hida, boiled peanuts, and Lowlight accidentally shot his iPhone (in contrast to Flips who shot his iPhone with a suppressed Glock to stop people from tracking him)

What's your reset method?
Walking to the shop.
Adjusting that environment to my liking.
Putting the correct tunes on.
Then returning to or starting a new project that involves trying to bend the laws of physics.
Once reaching a stopping point returning to the house for more coffee & seeing, what the flavor of the moment is on the Hide.

Last edited:
The world is changing, rapidly. The OP started this thread on Nov 10, 2023... Been many changes over the past 3 months. For those thinking of relocating as a mental reset, plan well in advance for growth in the area of a new dwelling. I moved to my homestead because, at the time, it checked all the boxes of my needs. I now live in a "Boom Town" created by a pandemic, filming of "Yellowstone", low interest home loans, the "work from home movement", mega cities becoming shit holes, the Blue / Red phenomenon, the deterioration of schools, Home Owner's Associations, Liberal neighbors, environmental warriors, Medical Centers, cities absorbing rural areas and many other factors changing in the near future. If you are a young man with a family and found the "perfect" place today....... Get in your truck and drive another 50 miles directly away from the largest city in the region. There will be your perfect homestead to raise a family, hunt, shoot and watch the clown shows.
IMG_1168.JPG

Rans S9 Chaos.jpg
7RM.jpg
Building a Rans S9 Chaos that is currently in my living room. Hold off on the wise cracks, if I was a redneck it would be a bass boat in the living room. It's fully aerobatic and when I'm finished with it I'm going to flip myself upside down, vertical, loops, barrel rolls, you name it. Basically design your own roller coaster track on the fly and giggle like a little kid while flying along inverted. Freedom at it's finest.

ELR Shooting also does it for me. Building my rifle, reloading and challenging myself are forms of relaxation I could never experience before I retired.

Prior to this, my stress level was approaching critical mass from my job. I am now one cool customer and very thankful I have a couple of outlets preventing me from going bat shit crazy! LOL