• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Micro-nutrient diet

JCH

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm starting a micro-nutrient diet soon. (ordered a juicer last night) Basically veggies and fruit ran through a juicer. 16oz of juice four times a day. I will supplement with a daily multivitamin and lots of water. I'll carry an apple for the times when I feel like I am about to die if I don't eat something. Those feelings normally disappear after 3 days from what I am told.

No caffeine, gatorade, coffee, etc.....just water.

Anybody done this? I'd like to hear what some peoples results have been.

Re: Micro-nutrient diet

So no other food than what you run through the juicer? Or you do some regular meals too?

Can it handle cooked bacon?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So no other food than what you run through the juicer? Or you do some regular meals too?
<span style="color: #FF0000">Yep, only juice except for the first 5 days. During that time you can eat fruits and veggies, after that, only juice.</span>

Can it handle cooked bacon?
<span style="color: #FF0000">LOL, I'm sure the juicer can handle it but it isn't on the diet</span>

</div></div>

what is the point in this diet??

It sounds like an awfull idea to me unless its for some sort of colon prep

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the point in this diet??
<span style="color: #FF0000">Like I said in my initial post, to drop weight.</span>
It sounds like an awfull idea to me unless its for some sort of colon prep.
<span style="color: #FF0000">It isn't that, colon preps are much worse.</span>
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jig Stick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">protein source? fat source?<span style="color: #FF0000">This isn't a life long diet, this is something to help you drop weight and get back to a healthy size. This is done for a short period, like 30-60 days.</span></div></div>

No thanks...

That just sounds like a horrible existence. I'd rather exercise more than live like that.

give it shot but i can tell you what happens , just like the 500 cal HCG diet fad , the body will go into a starvation mode and stop dropping weight thats when its time to come off , at this point the metabolism is zilch so if you go right back to a "normal" diet even if its clean your body is primed to store everything it can as a means of defense of starving to death. so even though you will be at a calorie defecit your body will still store fat.
deplete and refeed diets do work but do not deplet your diet for more than 8-10 days before refeeding and your refeed only last 1 day and your depletion days should be about half your daily maintaince cals.

all that stuborn fat dident get their in 30-60 days and it aint comming of in that short of time eather without a nasty rebound.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">give it shot but i can tell you what happens , just like the 500 cal HCG diet fad , the body will go into a starvation mode and stop dropping weight thats when its time to come off , at this point the metabolism is zilch so if you go right back to a "normal" diet even if its clean your body is primed to store everything it can as a means of defense of starving to death. so even though you will be at a calorie defecit your body will still store fat.
deplete and refeed diets do work but do not deplet your diet for more than 8-10 days before refeeding and your refeed only last 1 day and your depletion days should be about half your daily maintaince cals.

all that stuborn fat dident get their in 30-60 days and it aint comming of in that short of time eather without a nasty rebound.</div></div>

actually no you're wrong. Caloric intake is around 1600-1800 calories a day, so no, the body won't be in starvation mode.

I got my juicer in the mail yesterday and headed off to the store to stock up on produce. For the first five days I will be eating the occasional apple and handful of raw almonds. After day 5 I am only doing juice.

I'm planning on doing fruits in the morning and then moving to vegetables with a hint of fruits for taste later in the day.

Today's Breakfast: 3 granny smith apples; 6 strawberries
very tasty, if all the juices tasted this good I would have no problems at all.

Goal: Make it 10 days on the juice fast. Any more than that is a bonus.

Any updates on this? Nothing I'd ever do, but I'm certainly curious how it's working.

***I just ate a new York strip about 2 hrs ago, then slammed 45 grams of protein blend about 45 min ago. Just hit some peptides and about to go destroy my bi's and tri's.

Happy juicin my okie buddy.

Would never do it. It would not support my workout routine in the slightest.

OMG, trevor is back!!!

I did it for 7 days and lost 12 pounds. I had an issue with blood sugar levels not sustaining (a known side effect for a small amount of people) and had to stop

TREVOR WE NEED TO GO KILL SOME YOTES!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OMG, trevor is back!!!

I did it for 7 days and lost 12 pounds. I had an issue with blood sugar levels not sustaining (a known side effect for a small amount of people) and had to stop

TREVOR WE NEED TO GO KILL SOME YOTES!!!</div></div>

Well, 12 pounds is a pretty good amount for 7 days. Thats interesting about the blood sugar levels, with all that fruit seems like youd do ok. I get hypo alot post workout, but I'm kinda causing it to happen so I'm prepared for it when/if it hits.

Man, I've been around, but as you know it's so freaking hot I just havent been shooting much, but I am VERY ready to get back on the trigger. Anytime you want to go hunting or shooting just let me know and I'll go/meet anywhere as long as I'm not on shift working. I'm about to start working on some load development for my new .308 with some 155's. I want to try to shoot in some matches this fall/spring.

while you're doing this diet, grab a blood glucose measuring device like the one's diabetics use. That's about as pure a carb intake as you can get. BAM

Im courious to see how this works out and if their is any sort of a rebound effect.

I kow whith ketosis style diets people drop alot of weight quick the first couple weeks , this is due to the body not being able to hold as much water in the muscle because of the lack of glycogen from zero carbs

seeing how this diet is basicly the total opposite of that

Any diet you can not sustain will ultimately fail, do some research on paleo which is a damn heathy eating strategy. I lost weight fast on it I am now down to 164 lbs from 188

zink14,

congrats, sir. and you've got it right: an eating strategy. Keep it up
smile.gif

another 12 day gimmick diet? man, some people just refuse to try anymore....

remember, its NOT a simple diet change....its a lifestyle change.....not a hard concept to grasp...

you either have the will power....or you jump on the crossfit, and fad diet bandwagon...

Trying to say that only certain diets work is like saying that everyone should wear the same size shoe.

Ask a dietician, a diet rich in micro-nutrients and lean in animal products is the healthiest diet.

Think a diet with lots of meat in it is the answer?? I guess you don't realize that most beef/pork is raised and fattened up on corn. Go to Netflix and watch Food, Inc. You will see the downside to animals raised on corn.

My intent with the liquid part of the diet was to drop weight quickly and retrain my palette.

A micro-nutrient diet is far from a 12 day gimmick. Vegetarians have been doing it for a long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to say that only certain diets work is like saying that everyone should wear the same size shoe.

Ask a dietician, a diet rich in micro-nutrients and lean in animal products is the healthiest diet.

Think a diet with lots of meat in it is the answer?? I guess you don't realize that most beef/pork is raised and fattened up on corn. Go to Netflix and watch Food, Inc. You will see the downside to animals raised on corn.

My intent with the liquid part of the diet was to drop weight quickly and retrain my palette.

A micro-nutrient diet is far from a 12 day gimmick. Vegetarians have been doing it for a long time. </div></div>
you dont need too liquify your food for a micro nutrient diet...it IS most certainly a gimmick diet...

blending up all your food is great for a supplement to a existing diet....but saying it is a actual realistic thing to do is as rediculous as the shake weight...

have fun rebalancing your glycogen levels, and general work capacity

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to say that only certain diets work is like saying that everyone should wear the same size shoe.

A micro-nutrient diet is far from a 12 day gimmick. Vegetarians have been doing it for a long time. </div></div>
you dont need too liquify your food for a micro nutrient diet...it IS most certainly a gimmick diet...

blending up all your food is great for a supplement to a existing diet....but saying it is a actual realistic thing to do is as rediculous as the shake weight...

have fun rebalancing your glycogen levels, and general work capacity </div></div>

You do not need some "DIET", just eat less and move more. Fade diets will not get you anywhere but back to the same weight or higher. I do not know exactly what you are blending up, but if you are not getting your protien and fats then you stand the chace of losing muscle and fat. Also most of your 12 pounds was water weight, unless you are running 42000 calories below what your body needs everyday in that time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to say that only certain diets work is like saying that everyone should wear the same size shoe.

have fun rebalancing your glycogen levels, and general work capacity </div></div>

You do not need some "DIET", just eat less and move more. Fade diets will not get you anywhere but back to the same weight or higher. I do not know exactly what you are blending up, but if you are not getting your protien and fats then you stand the chace of losing muscle and fat. Also most of your 12 pounds was water weight, unless you are running 42000 calories below what your body needs everyday in that time. </div></div>
exactly....people need to take time to learn how crabs, protein, fat, and calories work.....then learn some self controle and put that knowledge to work

sorry, crew, you cannot out run a doughnut LOL Weight reduction is really about visceral adipose fat reduction, and that fat reduction is NOT about calories in/calories out. We are not fat because we eat too much and exercise too little; we are eat too much and exercise too little because we are fat. The in/out concept is still an unfortunately too prominent a feature of the fitness/diet industry. Read the following for more current data:

http://www.garytaubes.com/blog/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry, crew, you cannot out run a doughnut LOL Weight reduction is really about visceral adipose fat reduction, and that fat reduction is NOT about calories in/calories out. We are not fat because we eat too much and exercise too little; we are eat too much and exercise too little because we are fat. The in/out concept is still an unfortunately too prominent a feature of the fitness/diet industry. </div></div>

Really, it is not about in and out???

I'm curious, why the juicer? Why not just eat 1600-1800 calories of strawberries and apples?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: copdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry, crew, you cannot out run a doughnut LOL Weight reduction is really about visceral adipose fat reduction, and that fat reduction is NOT about calories in/calories out. We are not fat because we eat too much and exercise too little; we are eat too much and exercise too little because we are fat. The in/out concept is still an unfortunately too prominent a feature of the fitness/diet industry. </div></div>

Really, it is not about in and out??? </div></div>

Correct, it is not about in and out. Taubes provides one of the more competent expositions of why it isn't. There are others, as well, e.g., Kurt Harris, Michael Eades, Doug McGuff, William Davis. In a nutshell, the macro-nutrients have discrete hormonal/metabolic effects that principally affect insulin/glucagon responses which in their own right have effects on fat metabolism and storage mechanisms, and its these effects, especially in folks with chronic fat deposits, that must be managed for fat loss to occur. As "zinc14" has correctly stated, in my view, and as others here also have noted the folly of "crash diets," the loss of the body fat that kills at worst, or, at best, promotes the presence of significant risk factors for killing diseases, is indeed a "strategy," and, by implication, not a tactical intervention of crash, fad dieting. Whew. Sorry for the long wind, guys.

Good Lord there is some horrible info on this thread

There was only 1 good post in regards to eating correctly and that is PALEO.
30milion years of evolution cannot be changed by 10k years of agriculture.

We hunt We eat We Sleep.... Repeat
If you cant Kill It or Pick It Dont Eat It!!!

People get fat because of SUGAR it doesnt matter if it is from Dairy,TOO MUCH FRUIT,Pasta,Bread,Protien Drinks,Soda,Potatos,Candy...the list goes on
All of this turns into sugar (if it isnt already)once the body digests it.

When you consume more the 30 grams of sugar at one sitting your body will stop burning fat and start to produce insulin.
The fat your body was burning now needs to go somewhere so it attaches itself to LDL's and if you are unhealthy you have plenty of LDL's
LDL's alone imbed themselves into aretery walls now you have fat attched to them.
High Cholesterol,Heart Desease Anyone?
This is how build up in the arteries is caused and this is how people become Overweight.
Healty Fats Dont Make People Overweight ITS SUGAR and of course Man Made Processed foods..

Sugar as addictive as Coacaine

The body does not know the difference between a Snickers bar or a Glass of Juiced Fruit all it knows is that it is time for the pancreas to produce Insulin beacause youve ingested more then 30 grams of sugar in one sitting.
a hefty dose of sugar can compromise the immune system for more than 24 hours.

And in regards to Meats if you are eating anything for the USDA you are fucked anyways the shit these farmers pump into there livestock is going right into you.

GRASS FED meats,Cage Free chickens and WILD Fish not farm raised. Veggies,Nuts & Seeds some Fruits,Lots of Healthy Fats and NO REFINED SUGAR and Exercise.....thats it thats all no magic pills no bullshit diets

We dont get to do the hunt every day like paleolithic man but we can Workout everyday almost like the hunt.
We dont have to kill our food we just go pick it up from the store.
Sleep
Then Repeat day in and day out.

EAT REAL FOOD,CARDIO AND LIFT HEAVY F&^%KING WEIGHTS,SLEEP,REPEAT!!!

AL

If you eat less calories than you burn in a day, you will loose weight.

If you are not getting the right foods you might feel like crap or loose muscle along the way. You may also be hungry all the time, but you will drop weight.

You can drop fat eating fastfood all the time, if you are eating fewer calories than you burn in a day.

You can also gain weight by eating fruit all the time if you are eating more calories than you are burning everyday.

In and out.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/is-a-calorie-a-calorie.html

well, God said, it's rumored: "You makes your choices, and you takes your consequences." I have no interest whatever in debating the issue.
smile.gif

copdoc.I have no interest whatever in debating the issue. [img said:
<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Smart man , you'll just end up banging your head against the wall Because debating nutrition issues with people who think they understand is like pushing a rope

JJones75,

+1 Yeah I'm too old to get involved in that sort of stuff. I like the notion of "pushing a rope." Never heard that before
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm curious, why the juicer? Why not just eat 1600-1800 calories of strawberries and apples?
</div></div>

do you realize how much that is? and you don't just want to eat only fruit. Veggies too.

It's amazing how many "experts" there are in this thread. Just because the Paleo diet worked for caveman doesn't mean it's the best method today. I'm not saying it won't work, what happens after you quit? You gain everything back because your body isn't used to the amount of carbs you are feeding it.

I did the low/no carb high protein diet and lost a considerable amount of weight. It isn't a diet for the rest of your life.

Again I will repeat, just because a diet works for YOU, doesn't mean it will work for everyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fat, sick and nearly dead. Awesome documentery !!

</div></div>

exactly, that is what turned me onto the diet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Again I will repeat, just because a diet works for YOU, doesn't mean it will work for everyone else. </div></div>

no diet is going to work forever , you must make a life style change , not just go on diets. if you make a good change in your feeding habit like going to Palio diet then you can do "diets" to make bigger steps toward your goal.
and you are 100% correct in saying that everybody is differant and will respond differantly to differant macros , the kep is to kind out what works for you , i personaly can function fine and line out a happy life eating meat and veggie diet , i wont say keto becuase i never realy run a keto type eating regiment as i dont get my fats that high.

people need to realize how differant foods affect THEIR body and work with that

^^ agreed. Everyone needs a place to start. If doing paleo/Adkins/weight watchers/micro nutrient diets get you headed in the right direction then it worked.

Why not just start doing things right this moment? A juice kick start is pointless after months, and IMO will only hinder you.

Paleo is pretty good I think, but it's not needed either.

Hey man, experimentation is what it's all about, and I've done a whole lot of stuff I'm not proud of. But I'm seeing a lot of advice on here that looks legit.

I routinely gain and lose for competitions, and it comes with ease as long as the discipline is there.

Whatever your call, best of luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to Netflix and watch Food, Inc. You will see the downside to animals raised on corn.</div></div>

After you get done with that, watch "Bowling for Columbine" and you will see the downside of owning and using firearms.

This diet sounds totally stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Go to Netflix and watch Food, Inc. You will see the downside to animals raised on corn.</div></div>

After you get done with that, watch "Bowling for Columbine" and you will see the downside of owning and using firearms.

This diet sounds totally stupid. </div></div>

That's a ridiculous comparison.

Yet another "expert" has sounded off ladies and gentlemen!!

Well it is semi true that grass fed beef and free range chickens and eggs are better for you than lot raised animals but its due to their diet more than anythinhg , these animals are fed mostly corn or corn based feed because its cheap and puts weight on them quickly (along with steroids) the over feeding of the corn causes the fats to become out of balance shuifting much more to the high Omega-6 than the Omega-3 fats. Omega-6 fats wheile esential are not good for you in higher doses and will cause arterial inflamation and raise bad cholesterol(LDL) while lowering good cholestrol(HDL)

Animals that eat more grass have a much higher level of Omega-3 fats , yes even chickens , if you followed a chicken around for a day and watched what that nasty little fucker ate you would feel much better about eating feed lot birds , anyway alot of what chickens eat is grass and seeds , this helps them to maintain a healthy balance and also that carries over to their eggs.

the same thing happens to humans , if you eat a diet high in grains and lean meat with very little vegtibles and fruits you will be doing bad things to your body as far as cholestrol , heart and artery health are concerned.

Again i dont advocate the high fat ketosis type diet as a lifestyle , I like the Paleo style diet as it does actual have a fair amount of carbs in it but they are from fruits and NOT processed grains. Also has alot of green vegitables which do have a few carbs but such high fiber that i dont bother to count them , basicly a free healthy filler.

again each person needs to adjust theur macro nutrient needs according to see what works for them and what equals a "balanced" diet for THEM , everybody will respond differantly to a differant set of nutrients.

Figure out what works for you and when you start to reduce some body fat then stick to that then play with doing short radical diets to accelerate fat loss then return to the new healthy eating so their isint a dramatic rebound

I watched the documentary the other day...I thought it had some interesting and valid points. Fasts are not anything new, never had fasted but I can see it's benefits at least to clear the system and rejuvenate the body. If Jesus fasted for 40 days, I would say it can't be that bad for you. It's not something I could do for a long period of time, but may be something to try maybe about twice a year.