• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Military Jeopardy

Once part of a CONFIDENTIAL-NOFORN manual, this "test" was ADM Rickover's only evidence of a sense of humor.

Hi,

The dismounting ceremony aka punishment parade assigned to the "Blues & Royals".

Sincerely,
Theis

And had to be inspected at 4pm everyday for the next 100 years --when the punishment was up, the current granny running the place wanted it continued for tradition.

It may be tradition now, but can you imagine getting inspected everyday at 4pm? After all your shit is dirty and messed up? It would have sucked. But it seemed like at some point it became more of an honor unit than a punishment unit; when that happened I don't know. But you don't assign fuckups to Tomb Guard, or to guard the White House or for other visible posts that represent the country, I doubt they do either.

Who is this and what's he wearing? No cheating by looking at the properties either! Somebody will know this one for sure.

post-5-1252273379.jpg

Last edited:
Patton and a tanker outfit he designed, the helmet was gold colored.

20180921_194854.jpg

And no, I didnt have to look it up b4 I answered...

And had to be inspected at 4pm everyday for the next 100 years --when the punishment was up, the current granny running the place wanted it continued for tradition.

It may be tradition now, but can you imagine getting inspected everyday at 4pm? After all your shit is dirty and messed up? It would have sucked. But it seemed like at some point it became more of an honor unit than a punishment unit; when that happened I don't know. But you don't assign fuckups to Tomb Guard, or to guard the White House or for other visible posts that represent the country, I doubt they do either.
Technically it was an honour unit when Queen Victoria inspected them and found them drunk and gambling! They were billeted near the castle and Parliament as the ceremonial and at times real guards of the British government. So they were supposed to be a tier one unit back when she walked in and found them all smashed and playing poker. Cheers

P.s. I am willing to bet that for 100 years there were a whole lot of Horse Guards who really wanted to find the guys who were drunk in gambling and kick the Living you know what out of them

Have to ask ....
Why would a queen be walking unannounced, into an Army barracks???

Hmmmmmm .....

Have to ask ....
Why would a queen be walking unannounced, into an Army barracks???

Hmmmmmm .....
That particular Queen was a huge tea totaler and moralizer. I am quite sure she was pop inspecting for precisely the purpose of catching the men relaxing so she could make an example of them.

That particular Queen was a huge tea totaler and moralizer. I am quite sure she was pop inspecting for precisely the purpose of catching the men relaxing so she could make an example of them.
Now if it had been Princess Margaret... There would have been a Brazzers logo associated with the visit. And a horse.

Cheers, Sirhr

Here a really off the wall thing that I saw on a PBS TV show tonight presented by the Fems that I had no idea about but found it interesting.

Who was Deborah Sampson and what did she do?

100 extra points to the historian that doesn't have to look it up.

Patton and a tanker outfit he designed, the helmet was gold colored.

View attachment 6946849

And no, I didnt have to look it up b4 I answered...

Yeah, that's it, I was hoping it go a bit longer... My father used talk about crazy he was and how he had uniforms even farther out than that. A real prima donna I understand. That helmet was a football helmet too.

Anyone here know the difference(s) between the TRUE Dambusters raid and preparations, vs the Altered/Changed/Bastardized/Classified/Hollywierdized versions that has been popularized?

Yeah, that's it, I was hoping it go a bit longer... My father used talk about crazy he was and how he had uniforms even farther out than that. A real prima donna I understand. That helmet was a football helmet too.
Teddy Roosevelt was a lot like that. He designed his own, elaborate uniforms too and even kitted out the Rough Riders on his own dime.

Reactions: Strykervet
Guy Gibson's lab was renamed from Nigger to Tigger for the movie.

But the scenes from "Dambusters" in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" had him calling him nigger again. I forget how he got the name, but it had nothing to do with racism as I recall. Guess it depends on which version you get.

His dog was a black lab. And it was a term in common use back then.

But the scenes from "Dambusters" in Pink Floyd's "The Wall" had him calling him nigger again. I forget how he got the name, but it had nothing to do with racism as I recall. Guess it depends on which version you get.

Nope, no dickhead hall of fame that I know of ;-)

Except the U.S. Congress.

Sirhr

Reactions: Barneybdb
^^^ Nope, but getting the idea.

Another one... this may or may not be true, but it is part of the lore of the folks who live in Keflavik. They swear it is true:

What did the Icelandic Communist Party do during the 1980's to help the residents of Keflavik get a better night's sleep?

Cheers,

Sirhr

I have been there and have seen the awesome maritime museum/restaurant. But, I don't think I have any ideas.

1539136694836.jpeg

Puffin

Your favorite, alongside taters and gravy.

Ok.... so a Keflavik Grouse....

In Iceland, the traditional Christmas dinner is a Grouse/Ptarmigan type bird. A bit bigger than our Eastern Ruffed Grouse... and a big bigger than a Cornish Game hen. I can only imagine that everyone at the table got one.

A Keflavik Grouse... was a much bigger bird! In fact, a whole family could feast off one at Christmas.

And it came under the brand name of 'Butterball.' Because with the military presence in Keflavik, turkeys became a Christmas barter item and many of the local contractors who worked on the base made sure they got ahold of them. So pretty much everyone in Keflavik ate Turkey for Christmas dinner. But since they came from the PX/Commissary and they weren't 'really' supposed to be adorning every table in Keflavik... They referred to them as Keflavik Grouse.

Cheers,

Sirhr