• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....UPDATED

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
When I started shooting a few years ago I ran out and bought a nice large Blackhawk drag bag (~$250?) thinking that it's what I needed. After some time shooting and learning, I've come to the conclusion that it was waay too heavy and had a lot of extra space and features I didn't really need. (plus I had to carry a shooting mat on the side)

So I've been looking for a while for a decent lightweight rifle bag/mat combo that was reasonably priced and wasn't really excited about shelling out another $250+ for another bag.

Well my search is over, I found the Eagle DB-BS rifle bag/pad. It had all the features I need-- holds the rifle securely, easy to carry, much lighter than the full drag bag and it's a shooting mat! All for $120!! In addition, it's made by Eagle which I prefer over Blackhawk (personal preference). So I went to triad tactical and within a week, I had my new lightweight rifle bag that looks a good as it works.

Here is the khaki bag carrying my .308 A5 McMillian stock, 22" barrel... still has a few inches to spare. I bet you could get a 24" bbl in there easy.

Bag.jpg

Bag2.jpg

bye bye big expensive drag bags!

Re: Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....

Nice bag. Thanks for the info. I'm also in the market for a lighter bag than my TT drag bag. Price is good, and looks nice. Let us know how it holds up, and this may be my new one. I'm a minimalist all the way.

This looks awesome! How's the padding? I'm torn between hard case and soft cases. Concerned about knocking turrets. What do you think?

How good of a shooting may is it? How big?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This looks awesome! How's the padding? I'm torn between hard case and soft cases. Concerned about knocking turrets. What do you think?

How good of a shooting may is it? How big?

</div></div>

The padding is perfect for regular use... taking to the range, in and out of car trunks, out to the desert laying in the dirt and going to competitions. For me there is no need for a hard case at all, unless you are flying with it or leaving it in a place that it needs to be locked up. Also this bag can be used in combo with the eagle scope and muzzle cover for extra protection.

The mat is plenty big enough to shoot off of concrete or desert scrub. Illl take it to the desert in a couple weeks and post some pics of real use.

I have been making something halfway between that and the HSRC, I have not determined pricing yet, nor have I wieghed it, but its perfect for what I do, shooting off the ground.

I can get some pics posted in a little while, if there is interest.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been making something halfway between that and the HSRC, I have not determined pricing yet, nor have I wieghed it, but its perfect for what I do, shooting off the ground.

I can get some pics posted in a little while, if there is interest. </div></div>

There is interest from this guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mjolnirsarm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been making something halfway between that and the HSRC, I have not determined pricing yet, nor have I wieghed it, but its perfect for what I do, shooting off the ground.

I can get some pics posted in a little while, if there is interest. </div></div>

There is interest from this guy. </div></div>

+1 on some more interest here!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
.... I bet you could get a 24" bbl in there easy.
</div></div>

It's a tight fit but it holds my Remington VLS 26" with the A5 stock with a 14" LOP.
I love mine!

remmene-16.jpg

My rifle is 48" muzzle to pad....will they hold a 48" rifle?

Interest in the grandriver version as well!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been making something halfway between that and the HSRC, I have not determined pricing yet, nor have I wieghed it, but its perfect for what I do, shooting off the ground.

Another interested member......

M.45

Guessing from the pic... that is a NF 50mm obj?
Does it fold over easily/securely?
I think my SN3 (44mm obj) would be comparable height wise....
TIA
Andy

this is exactly what I've been looking for.

Is that pocket big enough to hold a data book?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chpprguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M.45

Guessing from the pic... that is a NF 50mm obj?
Does it fold over easily/securely?
I think my SN3 (44mm obj) would be comparable height wise....
TIA
Andy </div></div>

Here are some better pics of the setup. I put my SN3 on it for reference.

Eagle_bag1.jpg

Fits fine with the beefy USO and with my 22" barrel there is still 4" up front:

tape_measure.jpg

Yes, it can easily hold my data book:

data-book.jpg

I really like this latch to hold the rifle snugly in place:

cu_latch.jpg

Folds easy, not too snug with the USO or the NF:

close_bag.jpg

Tri-fold padded panels:

close_bag2.jpg

Good to go!

closed_bag.jpg

Here they are set up in a firing position, the main mat is approx 4' long:

open_bag1.jpg

open_bag2.jpg

I keep noticing little things that are really nice about this bag, like the holddown latch and the stitching is well done. I'm heading out to the range tomorrow to shoot off of it. More pics later.

great pictures! What kind of data book and book cover is that? I want one.

I got a multi-cam one from Triad a month or two ago; I like it better than the folding Eagle mat (I forget the model; it's the next step up price-wise from the DB). It works fine with either my LTR or PSS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great pictures! What kind of data book and book cover is that? I want one. </div></div>

That cover is Rite in the Rain. I love it. I also bought the lined Rite in the Rain paper which works well. Not sure exactly which one I have but I think it was this one:

http://www.riteintherain.com/ItemForm.as...91-06ad5c20957e

Can anyone comment on a comparison between this Eagle and the Galati tactical rifle cover case and shooting mat? They seem similar.

The Galati is a knock off of the Eagle product. If you look at the Galati line, you will find that many of their products are a copy of an item made by eagle. Interesting that both companies are in the St Louis area, I think Eagle has a "leak".

Is the quality on par with Eagle? The Galati is like $30 less. I'm wondering if the Eagle is worth the extra dough.

Holy bring a thread back from the dead, lol
I like the bag though looks kinda like ones grand river tactical has for sale. Grand river has amazing stuff they will tailor to your needs

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the quality on par with Eagle? The Galati is like $30 less. I'm wondering if the Eagle is worth the extra dough. </div></div>

Eagle is made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. Galati can claim neither of those. Is it worth it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the quality on par with Eagle? The Galati is like $30 less. I'm wondering if the Eagle is worth the extra dough. </div></div>

Eagle is made in the USA and has a lifetime warranty. Galati can claim neither of those. Is it worth it? </div></div>

Why I get my stuff from you....

for the 30 bucks I would go with eagle , the warranty is lifetime , I think galati is only 2 years

Eagle lifetime warranty is well worth it. They repaired some of my bags that were 10 years old few months ago, free of charge ! including an old drag bag that was dragged..

Steve/Triad: when are you getting more in woodland ? ( I know I'm old school..)

M.45
I'm almost sold. It's been a few months, any more good news/feedback on this? Have you noticed anything that should be modified or added to the bag to make it more user friendly or customizeable?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve/Triad: when are you getting more in woodland ? ( I know I'm old school..)</div></div>

Backordered so I dont know.

Is there anyway to retrofit shoulder straps to it. I think this item would be perfect if I could get some backpack straps. I see another shooting mat on your site for $20.00 more but it appears to have less padding. Is this the case or am I better of getting the shooting mat at the bottom of your site with the straps already installed?

Thanks,
Merritt

Eagle in my mind is the best tactical equip there is, triple stitched, made in St. Louis, military discount, VERY friendly and great customer service, I wont even bother with those whats their names for a matter of 30 bucks

but on the topic of shooting mats, I dont claim to be a hardass but seriously? need a padded mat? not being a smartass either, I just dont understand them, shot in competitions, won the all army long range aggeregate match and have never needed one, maybe I'm a fatty with the extra padding you skinnies dont have

before I get assaulted, disregard, we are talking "drag bags" here which is a different beast, my apologies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">made in St. Louis</div></div> Not all of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTT </div></div>

do they still make them in woodland color ? thanks.

so my rifle with its 26"bbl and 16.5"LOP will mostlikely not fit

Re: Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....UPDATED

CAN THESE BE STAKED TO THE GROUND IF IT IS WINDY OUTSIDE?

Re: Minimalist Eagle Drag Bag/mat combo....UPDATED

New here and still trying to figure this stuff out. Maybe if i repeat everything i will reach 100 posts sooner and i can sell something if i need to.