• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

*MISSOURI* BPSC* F-Class Prize Money Shoot * AUG 1

Re: *MISSOURI* BPSC* F-Class Prize Money Shoot * AUG 1

Don't think so. We decided not to. I think this will make it more of a challenge and with number of shooters that will prolly show up it should sped things up.

No sighters at any postition. The 1st shot counts. This is a modified F-class match starting at 100 yards and moving back in increments of 100 after each 5 shots to 700 or 800. In this style of match, knowing your dope at the different ranges and being able to adjust for temperature/wind is as important as shooting ability.

Im gonna start shooting .223 alot more, starting this match.

If I can ever get my 223 setup the way I want I will start using it more. But right now there are other projects that need funnding and completion before that. So many guns so little time.

Wheelchairman
I will have the 221 Fireball back out before long. I am planning on shooting the 1 August match with my 308.

I have wasted a week trying to make a 155 grain Sierra load work. Due in part to having 1500 bullets on hand. I finally gave up and loaded some 168's over 44.0 grains of 748 in a GMM Case with a 215M primer. This load will shoot. Now if I can do my part.

BPSC has a new 223 he is working on. Looks like it will be touch and go on the A5 Stock and Trigger getting here in time for the match. The good part is, it is together and running.
He has a new scope in the mail for his 308. We should have it together by match time also. That should give him a choice of guns.

INFO:
I will be at the range Wednesday most of the day.
Thursday is Trap & Skeet starting around 4 PM. We are done when that starts.
Friday I will probably be at the range getting the last minute details worked out. Mowing etc.
Saturday we will have the range open most all day for sight in.

If you need Pre Match range time call me, and I will see what I can do.

Well today we got a couple things done I wish we had started a couple years ago. We cut back the brush and trees between the 100 and 200 yard firing point berms. This will give a lot more room shooting from the 200 and 300 yard berms.

Next we cut back more trees and brush infront of the 700/800 Firing Point Berm. We cleaned up all around the berm. Trimmed trees hanging over the berm, etc. We gained some real estate on the berm. I think we can shoot 4 shooters now at one time.

We also cut a good sized opening across the woods so the drive is visible from the berm in the Summer. We can now see cars comming in.

Vietvet suggested that we put a person with a radio watching traffic on the drive while we are shooting at 700. Good idea, that person can be setting on the pavilion in the shade.

We are going to move some benches to the 700 yard firing point tomorrow. We will borrow them from the Upper Pavilion.

We are planning on having a large cooler with water in a truck with us during the shoot. We picked up 6 cases of water today for that, and we will get it on ice Saturday. That is 144 bottles. They are over and above our normal cooler stock, so we will have more on hand if needed.

TAC06 restocked the cooler today. It is full of pop, water, and candy bars for the match.

I printed off the Registration Sheet a while ago. I printed 3 sheets going to 105. Better to have too many shooter numbers that not enough. Our Non-Shooting Scorer is a retired Army Colonel, and the Club Vice President. He likes his paper work in order. He will like everyone on printed registration sheets better than hastily scribled on a sheet of blank paper.

I will get our pork picked up tomorrow for the jerked pork sandwiches. We are going to pick up a 4th 7 quart crock pot also. That will give us 2 for meat and 2 for baked beans. A note on the baked beans. I have cooked them for a couple of the club dinners for several years. When we were deciding what to cook for this event they were requested by several of our shooters. I think you will like them as well as the Red Beans & Rice.

NOTE: We are going to rope off an area in the building for the scorers to work on the targets. Everyone except match officials will stay out of this area while targets are being scored.

CHANGE: We have decided it would go better to do the drawing after the first relay has completed firing. This will give the shooters something to do while targets are being scored, and if needed while the targets for the second relay are being put up.

TARGETS: During this match you will not go forward at 100 and 200 to look at targets. This takes too much time. They are Bright White, and bullet holes are visible from the firing points, unless they are in the Black Center 10 Ring.

PRIZES: WE now have items for the drawing from Midway USA, BSA, the NRA, and individual doners. We have some pretty nice prizes.

This looks like it is going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully the rain gear won't be needed this time.

Should be a good time. I am looking forward to it. Finally got a decent scope on my rifle.

I have about 10 Minutes of mowing down range to be out of the road for Saturday Shooters. I ran out of light, or I would have gotten it done.

Just talked with Floyd he has 3 comming in Saturday morning to camp out. That should be 4 camping Saturday so far that I know about.

We had an electrical problem on the secondaty wiring. (Transformer to Building) The electric coop got that fixed shortly after we called it in. We have lights and AC in the Club House again.

I will get the hog on in the morning.

We will get the bottled water on ice and ready to go tomorrow.

We had some additional items come in for the drawing today provided by Tinney Bio Mechanical.

Well we are getting close.

On the way to the range to put some lead in the air and check dope. Come on out if you need range time.

Have fun tomorrow guys. I tried my hardest to get there but a family reunion was too much to weasel out of.

I had a great time at the shoot today. It was hot, but bearable. Mirage was the worst I've seen at Big Piney yet. I am curious to see how the scores turn out. I had to leave before they were done. Thanks again for hosting this event. The door prizes were excellent! I won a knife and a flashlight. It would have been worth it to come down if I had won a glass of water.

1. Scott 341-8x
2. Floyd 337-6x
3. Brad 333-7x
4. Ryan W. 332-8x
5. Ted 329-10x
6. James 328-5x
7. Jason 325-5x
8. Ryan C. 324-6x
9. Jim 324-5x
10. Don 324-4x
11. Vanis 317-4x
12. Bill 316-6x
13. BJ 316-5x
14. Theodore 315-3x
15. Mike 315-0x
16. Mark 314-9x
17. Joseph 314-8x
18. Bob 312-9x
19. Luke 308-1x
20. Brian 306-5x
21. Robert L. 304-6x AR15
22. Ryan L. 303-1x
23. Ben 299-4x
24. Peter 299-3x
25. Eric 297-2x
26. Andrew 295-2x
27. Bryan 293-2x
28. Joe 283-5x
29. Steve 279- 0x
30. Travis 267-0x
31. Robert L. 266-3x Savage
32. Addison 259-1x
33. John 257-0x
34. Danny 236-0x
35. Ray 206-1x
36. Tom 202-0x
37. Jerry 114- 0x
38. Roger 103-0x AR15 M4
39. Charlie 83-0x
40. Will did not complete
41. Steve did not complete

350 was the possible score.

It was a good time yesterday...glad to see how the match came out. If only my scope base didnt give me problems. That thing is already in the trash.

It was a great match, good turn out, good company. I'm looking forward to the next one-

I am glad to see Gunrunner posted the scores. I posted them on the Clubs web site last night. Brian (BPSC) got a new vidio camera, looking forward to seeing what he puts together with it.
Mark our shooter from Dallas called me last night to see how he had placed. He was just comming into Tulsa OK. on his way home. He plans to be back.
The match went pretty well I thought.
We had 2 scorers who were not shooting the match. We should have recruited 4. We also should have pulled the 100 and 200 yard targets as soon as the 200 yard targets were completed and got them in for scoring. This would have speeded up scoring some.
We moved some benches from the upper benchrest pavilion, and the Trap & Skeet shelter to the 600 and 700 yard berms. I think this was a good idea. We will try and get some dedicated benches built to stay at 600 and 700.

All of our regular shooters know we need to widen the shooting berms. We will get on this as funds become available. With our turnouts being larger and larger, this will happen quicker.

We should have 4 more regular shoots and a night shoot still to come this year.

The benches at 600 and 700 were a great addition. The best part about those distance is the nice shade the trees provide. You guys do a great job. Thanks for putting on the matches!!

We are looking at having another one next year. We can't say if we can get sponsors again, so we can't promise a large prize giveaway like we had this time. We are looking at making the entry fee $30.00 with $20.00 going into the prize money pot. We are thinking about giving prize money to the top 5 shooters, and giving the next 5 or 6 shooters other prizes.
If we have 41 entries again, that will put $820.00 in the pot. If $820.00 was in the pot, 1st - $278.80, 2nd - $221.40, 3rd - $172.20, 4th - $90.20, 5th - $57.40.

If you look at the scores, 5th place was 329. The next 5 shooters (6th - 10th) were only five points behind at the most, and 5th place was only three points behind 4th.

What does everyone think about having it again at the end of July? Does it matter? The one next year is scheduled on 31 July. The only other practical dates open next year is 12 June and 30 October.

I would personally vote for either the 12 June or 31 of July. But I would still make the 30 October.