• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK 12 Picture & Discussion Thread

Any particular reason the gas block was left exposed on the models that use a regular low profile gas block?

pics!!!!!!
20231002_201122.jpg

Yay rattle can.

This highlights one of the most important things about the SPRs that some of the original 1992-1994 JSOC Sniper Carbines had to use SIMRADs to achieve due to the presence of the Front Sight Base.

Most cloners don’t think about the emphasis on how the units using these things prefer to work at night.

In my last DM course, we were double-tapping targets at 700yds with 6x NV even with 5.56. I got bored doing it prone and went to kneeling just to show it could be done.

But I don’t get excited much about 5.56 in these types of set-ups.
So what is the general consensus on which night Vision clipon is correct for a Mk12 Mod 0? Is it the kn203, kn253, pvs 22 or what? There is some conflicting opinions I’ve seen and I sure do t know. I have a MK12 Mod 0. I also have a perfect condition 203fab. I have been passively looking for a PVS 22 that don’t look like it was thrown out of a plane because my entire kit is all brand new unfired stuff amd I want the clipon, if I get one, to look “as new” as possible. Thanks in advance for the info

So what is the general consensus on which night Vision clipon is correct for a Mk12 Mod 0? Is it the kn203, kn253, pvs 22 or what? There is some conflicting opinions I’ve seen and I sure do t know. I have a MK12 Mod 0. I also have a perfect condition 203fab. I have been passively looking for a PVS 22 that don’t look like it was thrown out of a plane because my entire kit is all brand new unfired stuff amd I want the clipon, if I get one, to look “as new” as possible. Thanks in advance for the info
I’ve never seen a Kn203/253 in service on a Mod 0. It’s feasible but those things sucked and were completely sidelined in favor of UNSs like the PVS22/24/30 for what I would consider the vast majority of the Mod 0 fielding.

I’ve never seen a Kn203/253 in service on a Mod 0. It’s feasible but those things sucked and were completely sidelined in favor of UNSs like the PVS22/24/30 for what I would consider the vast majority of the Mod 0 fielding.

What about the mod1?

I meant more so what was the most common clip on used?

I meant more so what was the most common clip on used?
In USASOC 22s were fairly common early on but I’d say mostly phased out by 2010. 24s from the Block II program got a lot of use, it’s technically optimized for 4-6x but I’d it was still better resolution than most of the 22s being field. I personally employed the 24s on my Mod 0 and 1 specifically when distances were short the added weight reduction was great.

SU232s also saw some limited employment as well in the same capacity as the 24s.

The PVS29/30 followed and was a notable improvement in performance for optimizing optics in the 10-15x ranges but a bit heavier than the previous two. If you really want to maximize your Mod 1 performance while remaining cannon, then this is the best way.

Reactions: LRRPF52 and shlouf
Ive been jonesing around for a Mk12 for years. And after the gunlaws in Sweden changed last year, I got started.
A few weeks ago a small white cardboard box from PRI showed up, I am pretty sure that it is the only one in Sweden.
In it, was the Mk12 mod H build kit and I was more than happy to get it. Rebuilt my upper and this is the results. I guess its a "Mock 12" as I cant get it to be a true clone build. But I am happy non the less.

1711176380801.png

I kept my Razor G3 1-10x and the suppressor is a Swedish made Infitech IFTS which has a bit of the AEM styling as you can see, but it is a flowthrough suppressor and it works great.
I have a titanium prototype suppressor for it as well, and will get some photos of it tomorrow. As it is I am wating for the yellow DHL truck to swing by with my FDE Sopmod stock to complete the build.

So, today I got to take the completed build to the range. The gunclub ran a small competition, first we shot 25 rounds precision shooting with "Swedish K" at 100 meters. Then we shot precision at 300 meters with rifles, I won the AR class with the Mock 12. So a good start.

1711289227593.png

Last edited:
I guess its a douche move to mention Swedish K and not post a picture of one of the guns on the line today. So here goes:

1711296562361.png

Older picture but same "K". It belongs to my friend and it is pretty awesome in all its crudeness. Naturally it is full auto, they never made anything else. You can shot single shot if you have decent trigger control, and that is (usually) what we do when we shoot with them.

Last edited:
I guess its a douche move to mention Swedish K and not post a picture of one of the guns on the line today. So here goes:

View attachment 8380206

Older picture but same "K". It belongs to my friend and it is pretty awesome in all its crudeness. Naturally it is full auto, they never made anything else. You can shot single shot if you have decent trigger control, and that is what we do when we shoot with them.
Got to play with one recently. You forget just how much subguns feel like utilitarian farm implements once wartime production needs pared them down to their base elements. Then I held an Owen, and the K felt like a Rolls Royce..

Got to play with one recently. You forget just how much subguns feel like utilitarian farm implements once wartime production needs pared them down to their base elements. Then I held an Owen, and the K felt like a Rolls Royce..
Had to Google what an Owen was, and that thing looks pretty horrible.
The K has some pretty nice machinework, but they did not care too much about ergonomics.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Had to Google what an Owen was, and that thing looks pretty horrible.
The K has some pretty nice machinework, but they did not care too much about ergonomics.
Yeah seeing the Owen in person is even worse than pictures can convey. Yesterday we were shooting a PPS43 and a Suomi. Even the ugly sheet metal PPS looks good compared to an Owen. The Suomi is just on another level with its old school wood stocked and milled steel construction. The MP34 is easily the nicest SMG I've ever held.

After months of looking around for my mk12 mod 0, i finally found someone whos willing to sell me a NF 2,5-10x32 Zero stop mildot.

Only by luck i noticed it is in sfp. I only use ffp for obvious reasons, my question is: how Do you use a mildot in sfp? Should be more or less impossible? Planning to shoot it up to 600-800m so no way i want to waste 2000 Euros.

Read about different dot values on specific magnifications, anyone know more about this?

Since i am from germany i am used to mils, looking for mil turrets i end up with the nxs 2,5-10x32 or the vortex. Vortex 2,5-10 seems not to be the highest quality to be honest.

Older leupolds were not offered with mil turrets as far as i know.

Any other scopes that were issued in ffp, mil turrets/reticle? Trying to stay as close to the original as possible. The sfp of the nf seems it is not usable for milling/longer distances. Were those really issued in sfp?

Another option would be the nf 2,5-10x42 or my PMII 10x42 if i cant get an original scope

Any input is highly appreciated.

Best regards

Daniel

After months of looking around for my mk12 mod 0, i finally found someone whos willing to sell me a NF 2,5-10x32 Zero stop mildot.

Only by luck i noticed it is in sfp. I only use ffp for obvious reasons, my question is: how Do you use a mildot in sfp? Should be more or less impossible? Planning to shoot it up to 600-800m so no way i want to waste 2000 Euros.

Read about different dot values on specific magnifications, anyone know more about this?

Since i am from germany i am used to mils, looking for mil turrets i end up with the nxs 2,5-10x32 or the vortex. Vortex 2,5-10 seems not to be the highest quality to be honest.

Older leupolds were not offered with mil turrets as far as i know.

Any other scopes that were issued in ffp, mil turrets/reticle? Trying to stay as close to the original as possible. The sfp of the nf seems it is not usable for milling/longer distances. Were those really issued in sfp?

Another option would be the nf 2,5-10x42 or my PMII 10x42 if i cant get an original scope

Any input is highly appreciated.

Best regards

Daniel
I do believe that the reticle subtensions is right at max magnification which is where you will be for those long shots anyhow. Nightforce is GTG in my book.

Reactions: DKN83
Would be interesting to test it before buying, unfortunately thats impossible. Only own S&B and Kahles. NF seems to be quiet popular in the US.

I am a bit concerned about the eyebox with high magnifications, however this might be the chance for coming as close to the original as possible.

Nightforce made a run of the 2.5-10x24 in mil several years ago. Also SFP, but it’s as close as you’re going to get if you want it to look clone correct.

If not, just buy what you want. Plenty of documented cases of guys running what they wanted while deployed.

Would be interesting to test it before buying, unfortunately thats impossible. Only own S&B and Kahles. NF seems to be quiet popular in the US.

I am a bit concerned about the eyebox with high magnifications, however this might be the chance for coming as close to the original as possible.
I am in Sweden but you dont see very many Nightforce scopes around here either, but every once in a while you see one at the range. I had a 5.5-22x56 NXS a few years ago and I liked that scope, it was only let down by the old 5 MIL non zero-stop turrets. If it was a newer one, with 10 MIL zero-stop turrets I might have kept it. Granted there are better scopes around, but it absolutely was good enough.

I would guess that the eyebox on the 2.5-10x32 should be decent enough. Definitely usable.

kQSuFNQm.jpg

Found this 3.5-15x50 never noticed any eye box issues other than a little shadow at 15. Adapt.
A small objective and higher magnification gives a smaller exit pupil and thus a smaller eye box (I think I am using the right terms here). There are no such issues with your scope as it is pretty much the opposite.

Curious; how do you like the Kung Fu grip?

-Rainman
I like it, it is the best AR grip that I have found/tried so far.

For the better part of the previous 10 years I have been shooting with KRG W3 chassis and the Kung Fu grip is the closest I have found to the grip angle and feel of the KRG. So that is why it is a keeper.
If the Kung Fu grip was about 10% longer and had 10% more girth, it would be amazing. But as it is, it is pretty damn good.