• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

Re: MK12 MOD-0 LETS SEE EM!

oh goodie goodie, im glad this one has been brought back, i do love me some mod-0's

Sorry about posting the mod 1..couldn't resist. I do however love both the rifles

This is a bitter sweet thread for me. I really like to look at everybody's rifles but being unemployed has brought my build to screeching halt
mad.gif

Does anyone know what the front sight attachment is on the WOA SPR barrel? Cross pin or dimpled or nothing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know what the front sight attachment is on the WOA SPR barrel? Cross pin or dimpled or nothing?</div></div>

my two came with no cross slots, the PRI front sight gas block is a clamp on, but im sure you could have WOA do whatever ya want when ya order the barrel

MK12 MOD-BLK???
P1010272_WEB.jpg

Figured you guys might appreciate this.
- Upper:
LAR Forged A3 Upper Receiver
Tear Drop Forward Assist
LWRC dust cover with black spring
LMT Enhanced Bolt Carrier
LMT Enhanced Bolt
LWRC Advanced Cam Pin
PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
Noveske 10" 300 BLK Barrel
PRI Gen 3 Tube
A.R.M.S. #38 SPR MOD Sleeve
A.R.M.S. #40 flip up rear sight
A.R.M.S. #22 Rings with TRR and TRC
Leupold 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 LR/T M3 Front Focal Riflescope, TMR Reticle
Tango Down ACB-4 Bipod

- Lower:
LAR Forged Lower (Form1 Registered SBR)
Falcon Ergo Ambi Grip
RRA 2 Stage LPK
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul B.A.D. Lever
CQD Rear Sling Mount
LWRC Buffer Tube( with increased drainage capacity for maritime operations)
LWRC CS Action (Buffer) Spring
DPMS H2 Buffer
LMT SOPMOD Stock

Rifle is MOA accurate with Subsonic 220 grain SMKs out to 300 yards.
(Not enough elevation to get any further out.)

That thing is crazy awesome Dr.Phil. Cant say I would have gone with that bipod choice though. Is it awkward to shoot offhand?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DPRoberts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That thing is crazy awesome Dr.Phil. Cant say I would have gone with that bipod choice though. Is it awkward to shoot offhand? </div></div>
Thanks for the compliment.
I get a little OCD when it comes to the details on my ARs.
The 300 BLK spin on the MK12 has worked out very well so far.
A short 10" barrel with this cartridge has little to no impact on accuracy.

I have mixed feelings about the ACB-4 bipod.
It is actually better shooting off hand with the bipod than without.
The front section can be griped the same way you would the Magpul AFG and it does so very well.
Other things that it brings to the table:
- Very fast to deploy and adjust.
- The feet are very much like "Pod Claws" and my opinion is that it gives you all of the advantages of them without having the sharp talons.
- Tensioned traverse and cant function allows for an amazing amount of adjustment without having to come off the gun.
- Because the legs of the Bipod come back over the fore end and not forward, they are not in the way at all.
- With the legs stored to the rear, improvised shooting positions are a snap since you have a square contact point.
- The composite materials used in the bipod make it just about indestructible yet very light.

What I don’t like:
- Very low CDI factor.
wink.gif
Doesn't go well with the MK12 MOD0 theme.
- The traverse and cant feature require the user to support the rife in ways that feel awkward when compared to a traditional bipod.
(Envision a regular bipod with a swivel feature that is preset in tension and cannot be tightened on the fly.)
As someone who has used a pod lock and Harris bipod on my precision rigs, this can feel very odd when shooting.
- When mounted to a rifle, the use of other rail accessories becomes challenging and impossible with certain items.

I've been using this bipod since 2006 on different AR platforms and I have always come to the same conclusion.
In the end, the benefits of this bipod on an AR platform end up trumping the awkwardness of the swivel and negative CDI factor.

Mine is finally done.

DD 12.0 Lite Rail
BCM bolt/carrier
PRI Gas Buster
PRI adj. gas block
Shilen 1:8 ratchet rifled by Rainier
Sun Devil lower
Giessele SSA-E
Accuracy Speaks adjustable buttplate on A2
NF 2.5-10x24 NP-R2 in ARMS 22H rings
Ops Inc 12th
BRM-S with ARMS adapter and Alpha-Bravo lock

2011-06-26_13-20-57_412.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NukeMMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is finally done. </div></div>

Great job and a beauty for sure.
Fantastic choice of parts.

This is my Douglas 18" SPR with DD 13.5 M4 rail which keeps my Mod0 company.
I have gone to a Nightforce 1.375" 20 MOA UniMount for the SN-3 USO scope with T-1 Aimpoint on a TNVC SAR mount.
I also have the OPS 12th, the #1 SPR accessory!

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=30322

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=30321

ModO

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=29239

Shitty pic and not a Mod-0 but damn do I like this rifle.

mk12 by alanbatema, on Flickr
HCS Mod 1 upper
LWRC M6A2 Lower
Magpul MIAD grip
Vltor stock
Geissele DMR Trigger
AAC 18T Brake
PRI gas buster charging handle
Harris 6-9 S notched w/alpha bravo lock
YHM Bipod adapter
Magpul MS2/RSA/ASAP adapter
Larue SPR mount
Night force 2.5-10X24 Mil/Moa

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you get that Logo S/H on the side ?

Nice BTW...! </div></div>

Thanks. I got it a few years ago through a group buy here offered by Scottmilk9. Beautiful craftsmanship. Picked up another non-engraved lower as well. Very happy with them.

This is a better Pic than what i posted above. Anyone know of any rear sand bags that work well with carbine stocks. Been using the CTR and i find it rather hard to keep steady due to the pointed edge of the stock. I had planned a LMT Sopmod stock for my SPR lower, but it has me rethinking it.

xd5mit.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a better Pic than what i posted above. Anyone know of any rear sand bags that work well with carbine stocks. Been using the CTR and i find it rather hard to keep steady due to the pointed edge of the stock. I had planned a LMT Sopmod stock for my SPR lower, but it has me rethinking it.

xd5mit.jpg

</div></div>

The Larue POD would give you a little bit better base and the option to add a monopod which would be ideal. Otherwise, I've wondered about the viability of using a really high rear bag under the buffer tube.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know of any rear sand bags that work well with carbine stocks. Been using the CTR and i find it rather hard to keep steady due to the pointed edge of the stock. I had planned a LMT Sopmod stock for my SPR lower, but it has me rethinking it.
</div></div>
Put the bag under the pistol grip instead of the stock...

I like this thread. I am wondering, why do some rifles have fixed A2 type stocks and others have a MagPul type. Are both correct? What is the correct collapsing stock? To be absolutly correct?

To be correct for a Mod 0, use a fixed A1 stock. For a Mod 1, an A1 or A2 is how they leave Crane. Pretty sure they don't leave Crane with a collapsible stock. What happens after that is up to commands/units.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like this thread. I am wondering, why do some rifles have fixed A2 type stocks and others have a MagPul type. Are both correct? What is the correct collapsing stock? To be absolutly correct? </div></div>

The "correct" stock for the mod 0 is either the A1 stock or the LMT SOPMOD stock. For the mod 1 it would be the A2 or SOPMOD. However, it appears some folks will switch them out for their preferred stock once issued. I think current "as issued" stock for the mod 1 is the A2 stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rth1800</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like this thread. I am wondering, why do some rifles have fixed A2 type stocks and others have a MagPul type. Are both correct? What is the correct collapsing stock? To be absolutly correct? </div></div>

The "correct" stock for the mod 0 is either the A1 stock or the LMT SOPMOD stock. For the mod 1 it would be the A2 or SOPMOD. However, it appears some folks will switch them out for their preferred stock once issued. I think current "as issued" stock for the mod 1 is the A2 stock. </div></div>
No collapsible stocks left Crane Sopmod or not. All left w/ either A1 or A2 stocks.They weren't designed to function reliably w/out the fixed stock.

A little field shooting after work today. Took her out to 660yd for the first time. This is the final group of the day. Light (0-4mph) variable winds from 07:00 to 09:00 direction. First shot was a miss (thought I saw a coyote--I know, excuses). Rest of shots were hits. Shot #3 was a low flyer, but the rest of the 8 shots grouped in a 2" vertical by 8.5" horizontal group near the top of the target (12 x 16" AR400 steel plate)

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/cmSphcWyHlY[/video]

The target:
imag0094s.jpg

ETA: Too dumb/tired tonight to figure out how to embed the stupid video

Very nice, good to see a video also, not many on the MK12s.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Btw if anyone knows where there is a correct sling it will be greatly appreciated.
</div></div>
The correct sling is the Eagle Industries TAS-1UMSS.
spr5.jpg

qd.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Turk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you want to sell it???</div></div>

Unfortunately the sling pictured isn't mine to sell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">after 100 years waiting on the can........

mod-0-2.jpg
</div></div>

That, my friend, is a beautiful thing.

Another Mod1 to add to the list. Should be pretty authentic for the most part: Douglas barrel, KAC trigger, etc.

2zfsy08.jpg

I wish I had Turk's lower. Oh, and cans are a no-no in my state.

Good looking setup; let's be honest no one really uses FA on these anyway. Shame you can't get the can though!

005-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-1.jpg

Mk12 Mod 0 SPR

Upper Receiver:

ADCO Custom Mk12 MOD 0 Upper:
Mod 0 WOA Upper Receiver
SS 1:7 SPR barrel Kg Koted black
PRI Free Float Carbon Fiber Forearm
ARMS #38 PEQ2 sleeve
PRI Flip-up Front Sight
ARMS 40L-SP BUIS
OPS INC Brake/Collar set
WOA Bolt w/ O-ring, Bolt Carrier, and Charging Handle
PRI “Big Latch”

Optics/Bipod:
Barska 3.5-10x40mm Illuminated Reticle scope
A.R.M.S. #22 Medium 30mm Throw Lever Rings
A.R.M.S. #32 Harris Bipod Throw Lever Mount
Harris L-S Bipod

Lower Receiver:

C-3 Defense billet stripped lower
DPMS Lower Parts Kit
LMT 2-Stage Trigger
Sierra Precision SPR Pistol Grip
LMT SOPMOD Buttstock Assembly
KNS Gen II Anti Rotation Trigger and Hammer Pins (.154”)

Still hunting for a deal on KAC BUIS.
HCS Mk12 Mod 1 upper, RRA lower w/ Geiselle SSA

HCSmk12mod1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neal0124</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if this works.

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/bneal0124/?action=view&current=IMG_0956.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk527%2Fbneal0124%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0954.jpg

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/bneal0124/?action=view&current=IMG_0956.jpg#!oZZ4QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk527%2Fbneal0124%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0953.jpg

http://s1114.photobucket.com/albums/k527/bneal0124/?action=view&current=IMG_0956.jpg#!oZZ5QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1114.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fk527%2Fbneal0124%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0952.jpg

Well, I can't figure out how to host pics. I just wanted to show off my rifles. </div></div>

I cut/paste in a new window...nice guns, nice pool table!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Neal0142</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

</div></div>

Here ya go. Switch to full reply screen insert image which is right by the message icon, copy the URL and paste. Make sure the URL ends in a image tag like JPG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jd111404</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have missed it but what are the small rails on the side of the forearm? I like those. </div></div>

they are PRI rails...they come with the forearm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neal0124</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets see if this works.

IMG_0954.jpg

</div></div>

Are you running a 16" barrel? If so, did you have to cut the diameter down to fit the Ops Inc. Collar? Or, did you buy the 16" already made for it?