• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Missed out on p-doggin last week, doesn't open till this weekend... figures. I've been kicking myself since you called me Chris. I almost called you during the week to see when you were coming out. I remember you saying you guys went out early. When the fella at the cafe said it wasn't open, I put it on the bottom of the priority list. We saw some pretty country anyways.
</div></div>

Yea we had a great trip. It rained the first week but the day P-Dog opened it was nice and sunny. I couldn't tell you how many p-dogs we killed, it was a fantastic trip. I almost got bit by a rattle snake, that was fun!

Marty, Austan when are we going to get together next to go see our large breasted friend drink beer and shoot guns? I have weekends off all summer, someone should figure when a weekend is good...

Garrett, I can make most weekends from here out except the 9th of July. Whenever Marty can get away will be the toughest part I imagine.

What's up all? I didn't know we had any snipers in the land of 10000. I'll be home on leave on the 23 of July and would love to go shooting with any one of you.

I live over in Alexandria.

Awesome to hear MN is represented in the precision shooting scene.

Let me know what's going on back home. I can be reached at [email protected]

Hey there 375....glad you found us, Welcome to the Hide...

So as new combers arrive here we ask that you tell us a little about yourself and post up some pictures of your collection, and it doesnt necessarily have to be long range guns if you dont have any....

If you have any questions go ahead and ask away, and remember everyone starts somewhere so there are no stupid questions.

Oh and make sure and let us know when you are back in the area, Im sure someone would be able to take ya shooting....

hey there. i'm up in alexandria right now. i'm going to try and go prairie dogging this week.

i'll try to get pics up of my collection

Gunman_7, yeah that was me with the other savage 6br f-class. Sorry it took so long to notice your post.

Sorry man...no targets yet...the new job keeps me running my ass off, especially since im working the graveyard shift.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pabs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Austan, did they ever get the pit done up at IRPC?</div></div>

Pablo, I talked to Timmy B. and another guy on the board yesterday. They said they have the target stands to finish the pits. Apparently they have had them for a while, so long in fact no one could remember where they were. When they find them they will let me know and I'll take a couple days and assemble them over there. Then we will be in business. Figure a month before everyone gets their shit together.

I'm going up there to shoot today if you want to cruise up. I'll be at the 600 range around noon maybe 1. my cell 416 - 2787

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry man...no targets yet...the new job keeps me running my ass off, especially since im working the graveyard shift.....</div></div>

Poor rifle gets no love, but better to be working than not.

Thanks 4 the invite Austan and sorry I missed it. I'll text you my number, that way you can shoot me a text next time. I'd be glad to get out and shoot with you guys again.

So over the years I figure I've spent (easily) hundreds of dollars on raffle tickets for various causes. Be it outdoor, conservation, local public range, etc..., I've never won anything. No biggie since the money is for a good cause.
Last Sat.(14th) United Northern Sportsmen's Clubhttp://www.unitednorthernsportsmen.org had their annual youth field day. Free event, first 80 kids between 8-17. Since we missed it last year when he was 8, i signed my son up. They had "stations" for trap shooting, archery, muzzleloaders, .22s, Deer size riles etc... . Due to family obligations we had to leave halfway through. We did get a phone call saying he won a prize in the drawing @ the end of the day. Well after calling the guy back and meeting him today:
40678_1564781644082_1371617876_1478425_4206909_n.jpg

Yup, he won a 20ga. Mossberg 500 Super Bantam Turkey, and a box of shells.
His first "drawing/raffle".
Lucky lil Sh*t!!

I would like to thank the folks @ http://www.unitednorthernsportsmen.org(shameless plug) for putting on this event. Seeing all those kids having that good a time, kids that some of which had shot only a BB gun smile ear to ear after pulling the trigger in a .50 muzzle loader, was absolutely priceless. Thank You.

hello all MN shooters,i wanted to let you all know about the shooters roundup at www.ahlmans.com check it out,i went last year and could not stop grinning,lots of guns and shooting to do,lots of gun vendors,scope vendors,food,I'm not a spammer or anything but i just wanted to let MN shooters in on what i thought was a lot of fun.
I am a new guy on snipershide,former Marine,K3/1 wpns plt 74-77,NRA life member,active shooter mostly handguns/shotguns but thinking of long range now,thats how i found this site,good shooting to ya.

Anyone shoot up at West Branch Gun Club down the long stretch (I think up to 500 yards)? Ken Sanford said I need to get in good with the group that does and they need to vouch before he will let me shoot down that way when the place is empty.

I'm about 15 mins away and wouldn't mind linking up with someone that is allowed to send em that far.

I am planning on it. I replied to your PM. Hoping to do some longer range shooting there before winter when the place is empty. Currently unemployed and will be going back to school this January so I'm pretty free to go during the week when its empty.

hi guys
just another mn shooter checking in !
also member @ gopher .

i live in ramsey
also member @ gopher
let's hook up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hooligan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody shoot at the Gopher in Harris? I'm hoping to find some guys to shoot with there. </div></div>

did this ever happen ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bauer Arms</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am actually working with the Elk River Sportsmans Club on getting a Tactical series or match setup...

Right now I think we are going to start a Thursday night F-Class shoot to start things off and see what kind of interest there is. Once we get a handle on things we will move on to getting in touch with some people about getting a match going.

Stay Tuned...

Adam </div></div>

Things been quiet on this MN thread for a bit. Would love to shoot up at Gopher some time. My uncle lives in Harris so I make my way up there every once in a while. Worth the drive for the 1000 yard shooting. Would like to try my luck out that far.

A couple questions for my fellow MN residents:

Do we need to be a member to shoot at Harris, or can we pay a daily fee?

Are there any other LR places to shoot around? I live in Chaska (SW Metro Area).

I will probably head out to South Dakota next spring or summer to train for a couple days at Professional Marksmen Inc. Are there any similar options in the general area (within a days drive or so)?

Thanks, and take care.

harris is a member only range
there is 600 yard range in elk river
and i know there is 600 yard range in red wing

at any of these ranges it is hard to shoot 600-1000 yards
because in the summer there is always something going on
on weekends

there is few members @ harris on this forum and i am sure one of us could take you up there for a day

and you can't shoot steel at harris either.
paper only

Tuckner, Im interested in knowing where you are located because Im only 10-15 minutes from the Priceton Range myself. The range is 515 yards from the bench to the backdrop. If you really want to I can vouch for you but I would need to see what your skill level is first. I will be at Princeton at about 4pm today if you want to come on out.

The reason they are careful as to who they let shoot that distance is because the backdrop isnt that big and there are buildings behind it.

Send me a PM if you would like to hook up.

because Im only 10-15 minutes from the Priceton Range myself.

longrange****, when did you move? Contact me and we'll go shoot something, perhaps from indoors like gentlemen.

Hey Longrange****

How have you been, haven't been on here in a few. How goes the cop job hunt? I decided to add an extra tool to my belt and get my paramedic degree.

Still getting much shooting in?

I haven't been checking here lately,Longrange semper fi,I'm closer to Faribault myself,but i am always interested in shooting somewhere.

I havent been doing any shooting really....I started working as a Rez Cop near the beginning of the year and that has kept me really busy...Hell Ive had my 6Br for a few months now and still have yet to fire a shot out of it....

CVH....Hell I had forgot who you were for a minute! How you been man, I plan on at least coming out to visit some of the shoots this winter....if I have to work....if I dont I plan on doing some shooting....

Paramedic hu? Thats cool, and a huge resume tool right there....unfortunately around my area they dont pay for shit...seriously....I think they are around $10-$12/hr for Medics and $7-$9/hr for EMT's....its BULL SHIT!!

jrassy-- Semper Friend.....Yea you should come on down, you will see that the Minnesota thread will really start to pop off come winter time as we do "Cold Finger" shoots out at West Branch Gun Club (Princeton, MN) There is no special club or a special handshake or anything to be allowed to come and shoot. we have shooters of all skill levels and with all levels of equipment from Deer rifles to home made rifles and full on customs....Its more of a "Good Ole Boy Shoot" than anything where we sit around, play with guns and give each other shit....oh and eat PIZZA! If you just want to hang out thats free, shooting depends on the number of shooters, the more there are the cheaper it is but should be around $30.

Ive only sighted it in so far....I couldnt do the shooting that I wanted to because of the damn Horses. Its not bedded yet and I did shoot three rounds at about .75MOA with no load workup...I cant believe how LITTLE recoil there really is with this thing....its almost NOTHING!

i have couple of peaces of ar400 1/2" thick 24"x 24"
for $100 bucks
let me know if you are interested

Lookin forward to the Princeton shoots again. Started late last year , but had fun. Sorry to the guys on my team. Newbie did not shoot well and brought scores down.
Got the email and will be on board for Dec. shooting. Probably use the Savage 6.5 Grendel again...gonna switch sometime back to the .308 .
I've been instructing at Appleseed all summer and am itching to shoot KD again.

BTW...I am in Ramsey.

anyone have the word to share on the princeton shoots??? I have tried the last two years to get up there but it never worked out. I am thinking I can finally swing it this year if you guys are still taking new guys on....

The first rifle shoot of the 2010-2011 season at the West Branch Gun Club in Princeton, MN is scheduled for Sunday December 19th.

The remaining shoots are on the following Sundays:

January 9th
January 30th
February 20th
March13th
April 3rd
April 17th (Maybe)

Any shoot postponed for inclement weather will be rescheduled one week later. Postponements will be determined by weathermen Greg Wahlstrom and Steve Hoskins.

Also, any non-member paying a $10.00 range fee during the week prior to a shoot will receive a voucher for a $5.00 reduction in the range fee at the shoot. Make sure you ask for the voucher at the time you practice because we will have no idea if you were at the range.

A slight increase in shoot fees may be necessary due to food costs, range repair and material expenses, but if attendance is good we should be able to avoid any raise in fees.

Hope to see you at the shoots. Get your kitchen passes lined up.

Roger & Daryl

<span style="font-weight: bold">Just received this...enjoy </span>

Ole Roger....I think he competes just because he likes to know he has the loudest boom stick out there....

I dont know if I can afford to shoot but Ill be out there visiting with you guys and helping out....just remember that emergency tools and gear is only a phone call away since Im only about 5 minutes from the range. If something of yours breaks just say the word, Im sure I have something for you guys to get you through a match....even a stick or two....if I have to pop a scope off so someone can compete its not a big deal....

can you guys post more info on this shoot
how to sign up etc.
i would like to join you guys

I believe you can just show up with gear and coin. We will orientate you to the course of fire. Then have at it and have fun.

I have only been to a couple, but it is VERY informal and lots of fun.

Ron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have the word to share on the princeton shoots??? I have tried the last two years to get up there but it never worked out. I am thinking I can finally swing it this year if you guys are still taking new guys on.... </div></div>

Yep show up around 8pm and score brownie points by helping set a up a little. Shooting generally starts around 9am. Once you get out there you'll ask yourself why you didn't go sooner.

I should be there for the first match, just have to reschedule one thing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have the word to share on the princeton shoots??? I have tried the last two years to get up there but it never worked out. I am thinking I can finally swing it this year if you guys are still taking new guys on.... </div></div>

Yep show up around 8pm and score brownie points by helping set a up a little. Shooting generally starts around 9am. Once you get out there you'll ask yourself why you didn't go sooner.

I should be there for the first match, just have to reschedule one thing... </div></div>

I believe that is 8am to set up