• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

I'll try to set up something here this winter a time or two. Steel targets at various unknown ranges out to 700 from different shooting postitions and some paper targets at known ranges for group from the bench or ground. We could go to 1000 yds also but it takes a bit more setup.

I plan on being at the first shoot this year too. I don't know for sure as I'm starting work for Sun Country Airlines this week. It's overnights and tough to do. -hope to see you all soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear ya about the Overnights bit....I work 8pm - 6am</div></div>

You do 4 tens?

Finally found time to reload today, working two full time jobs doesn't leave much time for anything else! If I could just get out to the range I'd be ready for the match on the 19th...

Marty/Austan you guys thinking about coming out to the match?

I was going to head up, but with the snow and cold, I'll stay home for this time. Got plenty of snow to plow for people, clean the basement and reloading to keep me busy for a few days.

Hey Marty you guys get some snow up there too? Were at about a foot and a half here, just finished cleaning the driveway. Good winter storm!

We are still getting a pile here. I'm about to go out and shovel to keep ahead of it, might not be able to lift it when all is said and done.

I'm not going to be able to make the 19th shoot.

Austan...Shovel??? That involves work.. P.S. I'm enjoying a beer lol. Have fun shoveling!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh yea, if you havent seen the 6Br yet....here it is.....

IMG_3375.jpg
</div></div>

Longerange, that's one sweet stick
whistle.gif
I got to see it the day they finished building it. That fluting on the barrel really looks kickass!

Looking for a favor from a Twin Cities area member. My father lives in Stillwater. He got a new rifle recently, and I bought him a scope for Christmas. He has never mounted a scope properly before, and doesn't trust the kids at Gander Mtn to mount it level, with proper eye relief, and proper torque, etc.. If there is anyone in the area that could help him out and mount his scope for him, or recommend a shop to do it correctly, please PM me. He is willing to pay, and to travel a little ways. All I can offer is either a box of canned sockeye salmon, or a Alaskan fishing trip. (You pay airfare) I know there is someone here who can give a few minutes of their time to help out another member. I would do it myself, but I won't be back to MN till next November. Thanks a bunch- MSD

Are there any indoor ranges in the Rochester, MN area? Say within a 50 mile radius.
My brother in law recently relocated there from CA and is looking for a warm place to shoot his Glock 21.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody know when the next Princeton shoot is scheduled?</div></div>

This Sunday, the 9th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any indoor ranges in the Rochester, MN area? Say within a 50 mile radius.
My brother in law recently relocated there from CA and is looking for a warm place to shoot his Glock 21.</div></div>

Only one I know of is Bills. There are an awful lot of outdoor areas to shoot at though, if you'd lend him a jacket.
grin.gif

Bills indoor range.

Sand...yea 4 tens....but we also have schedule flip which ends up in 8 strait.

Thanks Pabs...

Ive got to work this Sunday so I wont be able to come to the shoot.

And if anyone has a LEFT HAND, LONG ACTION R700 stock let me know....I dont care the condition, let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any indoor ranges in the Rochester, MN area? Say within a 50 mile radius.
My brother in law recently relocated there from CA and is looking for a warm place to shoot his Glock 21.</div></div>

Only one I know of is Bills. There are an awful lot of outdoor areas to shoot at though, if you'd lend him a jacket.
grin.gif

Bills indoor range. </div></div>
I'm just thankful he got himself a pistol as he's somewhat screwed up in the head as far as politics go. Both he and my late sister were big lefties... but were starting to see the light. I think all the crap in CA started to wake them up.

Funny, his name is Bill.

And if anyone has a LEFT HAND, LONG ACTION R700 stock let me know....I dont care the condition, let me know. [/quote]

I've got a couple. E-mail or PM me we'll work something out.

The Princeton shoot for the 9th has been rescheduled for the 16th due to weather.

Re: Princeton shoot

The shoot that was postponed from the 9th to this coming Sunday, the 16th, has been officially canceled. NOT postponed, CANCELED! The weathermen have spoken.

Next shoot will be the 30th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northern50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Austan you planning on going to the shoot on the 30th? </div></div>

I'd like to go one of these days, or at least get together at Marty's for some shooting. I have all my parts on the way for the 300 blackout. I'm just waiting on the barrel and suppressor right now.

Sweet deal. Yeah I need to have Marty put that Barrel on Miles rifle, hopefully soon when I get back to Menom. I guess if we don't go to Princeton lets do some shooting, or drink beer or something.

The shoot that was postponed from the 9th to this coming Sunday, the 16th, has been officially canceled. NOT postponed, CANCELED! The weathermen have spoken.

Next shoot will be the 30th.

Pussies.

Longrange, that did not take long, looks good. It was nice to talk to you again. Let me know how it works out.

Longrange, how much did you have to open up the barrel channel to get what looks like a 40" barrel in there?

Austan, can you still get your hands on 5 gallon pails of cottage cheese? I am feeling lactose deficient, let me know if you guys are going to make it over and I will clear my schedule to meet up with you.

Man Ill tell ya what....I had to open that damn thing a country MILE! It looks a bit off if you spend time looking at it hard, but if I didnt tell ya you would think it was made that way.
I spent some time doing it too....I tried to remove wood at a very even pace so it looked factory....and then I got pissed....so I hogged it out with a dremel slapped it in there loose and used sand paper from a belt sander to wedge between the barrel and stock....I just worked it back and forth till loose, tightened the screws a quarter turn and did it again. I just kept on with that till it fit perfect. She is front heavy but really isnt that bad in the weight department.

Ive kind of decided to cut back on these tactical stocks and truck axles....I want a rifle that I can shoot a match with and not kill myself carrying through the woods. I just snagged a pss stock for my 6Br to sit in for a while, the McMillan is going to sit for a bit I think. Im tired of carrying the thing around.

I just need to find a cheap factory 700 bottom metal set now....Or carve the PSS out for the CDI metal....not sure what I want to do yet, Stainless metal would look cool for that 6Br...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CVH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Longrange, that did not take long, looks good. It was nice to talk to you again. Let me know how it works out.
</div></div>

It was good to talk with ya again too, I dont get to talk shop too often anymore.

And I was into that stock within about 30 min of getting home!!

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Anyone know Slayer_280AI (Steve Cassman)personnaly? I have sent E-mails and PM's trying to contact him about a Vortex Viper scope I bought from him. I am not ready to say on a public forum yet what I believe is wrong with the deal I am trying to complete with this member. Basically if anyone can contact him for me to let him know to check either his E-mail or PM's here on the hide it would be greatly appreciated.</span>

Scope finally arrived today.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I sent a message again to Mr. Cassman and he basically has until the end of the day tomorrow to contact me. Hope someone close to him can get in touch with him (Slayer_280AI)</span>

scope arrived today

I'm going to try to make the next shoot. What is the average round count? What time does it generally get over? Is this all unk dist?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sparks1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The first rifle shoot of the 2010-2011 season at the West Branch Gun Club in Princeton, MN is scheduled for Sunday December 19th.

The remaining shoots are on the following Sundays:

January 9th
January 30th
February 20th
March13th
April 3rd
April 17th (Maybe)

Any shoot postponed for inclement weather will be rescheduled one week later. Postponements will be determined by weathermen Greg Wahlstrom and Steve Hoskins.

Also, any non-member paying a $10.00 range fee during the week prior to a shoot will receive a voucher for a $5.00 reduction in the range fee at the shoot. Make sure you ask for the voucher at the time you practice because we will have no idea if you were at the range.

A slight increase in shoot fees may be necessary due to food costs, range repair and material expenses, but if attendance is good we should be able to avoid any raise in fees.

Hope to see you at the shoots. Get your kitchen passes lined up.

Roger & Daryl

<span style="font-weight: bold">Just received this...enjoy </span> </div></div>

Man pulled this thread off page #2! Tempted to go to the Princeton shoot on the 13th, either that or the Deer Classic.... Anyone interested in shooting?

I have not made it up to Princeton yet this year, but plan on going on the 13th.

I'll have to have a little shoot here when the weather gets a little nicer we can shoot at 1000 for a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have not made it up to Princeton yet this year, but plan on going on the 13th.

I'll have to have a little shoot here when the weather gets a little nicer we can shoot at 1000 for a day.</div></div>

Want some company? I've been wanting to head over there again.

Well I came down with a bad case of the flu, I'm out for tomorrow, figures...

Well, how deep is the snow over there now boys?

I nearly died today. I had my truck nearly sideways going down a hill at 40mph. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic in the two south bound lanes and I was able to correct before hitting the curve at the bottom of the hill. If the tires would have caught there would have been 10 tons of truck rolling down the side of 35. I zombied out for an hour after that. I saw 3 cars in the ditch and a rolled over truck today in a two hour stretch.

Cripes I hate winter!

Sounds like fun! It's snowing and blowing like crazy out here, just ran back outside to throw wood in the boiler and the wind just about knocks a guy over. We are foretasted to get just over 9 inches, I think we have a solid 4-5 on the ground now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, how deep is the snow over there now boys?

I nearly died today. I had my truck nearly sideways going down a hill at 40mph. Luckily there was no oncoming traffic in the two south bound lanes and I was able to correct before hitting the curve at the bottom of the hill. If the tires would have caught there would have been 10 tons of truck rolling down the side of 35. I zombied out for an hour after that. I saw 3 cars in the ditch and a rolled over truck today in a two hour stretch.

Cripes I hate winter! </div></div>

Holy crap!! Where does your route take you?

I was out gallivanting around yesterday to Menomonie, Hudson, New Richmond and Rice Lake. A few miles west of Barron, a Jennie O truck left the road, clipped off a power pole and spilled it's load. I couldn't tell what the load was but it was kinda pinkish. Don't know if anyone was hurt either.

Kobe's got my rifles finished. I'll go pick them up tomorrow.

Hey, the sun just came out.

Hey John, I was on wis 35, just south of Frederic. At the bottom of the hill there is a hard corner going right/east. WI50 knows where I'm talking about, His in-laws live right there.

The news said officially 14" fell on us. With the drifting all my sidewalks had 2'+ and that crap was wet and heavy. My back is gonna be sore tomorrow.

John get us some pics of your rifles, especially the 8mm rem mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Austan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey John, I was on wis 35, just south of Frederic. At the bottom of the hill there is a hard corner going right/east. WI50 knows where I'm talking about, His in-laws live right there.

The news said officially 14" fell on us. With the drifting all my sidewalks had 2'+ and that crap was wet and heavy. My back is gonna be sore tomorrow.

John get us some pics of your rifles, especially the 8mm rem mag. </div></div>
8 mm Rem Mag...McMillan A4 pillar bedded, flush cups, Rock 30" AMU/MTU contour bbl, Badger M4 bottom metal.
8mm009.jpg

8mm008.jpg
8mm007.jpg
8mm006.jpg

.308 Win... McMillan A-4 pillar bedded, Rock 26" 11.25 twist bbl, Williams bottom metal.
308003.jpg
308004.jpg
308005.jpg

They look great John. We'll have to meet at the range here and see what they can do.

tomorrow's the big day........ going to try and kill some water jugs at 1650 yds with the 30-06, maybe even at a mile if I can find just the right spot.