• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

Hey, I called you today. I was checking to see if you had done that yet. Let me know how it goes.

I shot last night at 700 yds with my RL17 load and just wasn't happy with it. I loaded up a couple test rounds with RL22 with intentions of fireing them this morning and then loading some to try at 1650, but I didn't get to it. Hopefully tomorrow morning if it isn't raining I can fire my test loads and try for 1650 on Sunday and do just a little more looking around, I really hope to find and even 1 mile spot.

Anyone here a member at mnguntalk.com? I hope not. I found it Googling. It sounds like people from MN are a bunch of whiny school girl bitches?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wi50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shot last night at 700 yds with my RL17 load and just wasn't happy with it. I loaded up a couple test rounds with RL22 with intentions of fireing them this morning and then loading some to try at 1650, but I didn't get to it. Hopefully tomorrow morning if it isn't raining I can fire my test loads and try for 1650 on Sunday and do just a little more looking around, I really hope to find and even 1 mile spot. </div></div> Man that sounds like fun. We need to have another get together this summer!

In case anyone is interested, I'm hosting a Hornady Group Buy on their entire line of products... The prices are not as good as the past, mostly because this is through the distributor not directly form the factory... I'm not making a penny on it unlike a lot of others who organize them. (not that there is anything wrong with that). Also the distributor told me he took most of HIS profit out of the prices...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2542823#Post2542823

Holy dead thread Batman! Do you guys only shoot when its effin freezing outside??
smile.gif

I'm new-ish to MN (Texas transplant), new to precision rifle shooting, and new to the hide. From the post count, seems like a good place to be!

Are there any good places to buy smokeless powder in the MSP area, or am I best ordering online?

You'll all be elated to know I have made at least 6 trips to Gunstop at this point; it's great supporting a local business, and the prices and selection are better than any shop I have been in.

Been awhile since this has been posted to... When is the next MN / Western WI, get together?

hey guys new shooter from mn here. im matt from saint joseph im 22 and currently serving over in the sand box. when i get home ill be looking at doing alot more LR shooting and am always looking for new people to shoot with and new places to shoot as i only hav 420 yard to shoot of my own. if anyone is looking for someone to shoot with and possibly teach a few things it would be much appreciated

Hello,

There will be a Full Bore Match at at the Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club in Harris, MN this October 9. While the NRA only recognizes sling shooters using iron sights in a Full Bore Match. I talked with Kurt Borlaug, match director and HP chair at GRRC and he said he would be happy to have F-class shooters in the match. The FB rules from the NRA make allowances for F-class shooters in a FB match and the equipment allowed and targets are the same as any other F-class match. Since the NRA has no F-class classification in Full Bore matches that F-class shooters would not be shooting in an NRA-recorded match but it would be fun to get together for one more competition before Winter.

Note chamber flags are required as a visual aid allowing the RSO to look down the line and see all guns are chamber clear with bolts open.
The match bulletin is at http://mrra.org/downloads/grrc/Fullbore_2011.pdf

The Course of fire is
300 yards; Two sighters and 15 shots for record on MR63 target.
600 yards; Two sighters and 15 shots for record on MR1 target
800 yards; Up to five sighters and 15 shots for record on LR target.
1,000 yards; Up to five sighters and 15 shots for record on LR target.

The course of fire is interesting and gives all of us a chance to shoot in midrange and longrange in one day which is unique and should be fun. The showing amongst F-class shooters at the matches at Harris have been much lower this year than last and I would really like to see a good turnout so if you can make it great, and please pass this email along to any shooters F-class or sling, the more shooters we have regardless of sub-discipline the better.

The match bulletin which has the times and all other important information. Given we will not report the F-class scores to the NRA we will not have to submit money for each F-class shooter. I forget what the NRA cost is, but it will be deducted from the match fee the day of the match. Do not register ahead of time if you plan on shooting F-class as I will collect the F-class registrations and money the day of the match.

Like I said please pass this on to other shooters and get a bunch of folks out for a good day of shooting and friendly competition.

Thanks

wade

Holy shit balls guys....I dissapear for a while and everything turns to hell....I'm still living....only because I got all my guns out of the house in time.....

Hey mortar guy....I'm kind of in your area, if you are interested I'm sure I could get you pointed in the right direction. Drop me a pm if you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit balls guys....I dissapear for a while and everything turns to hell....I'm still living....only because I got all my guns out of the house in time.....</div></div>

When are we going shooting?

As soon as I can rebound from my divorce....wanna buy my rifle? I need to pay my attorney so I can take the wife to court.....

Welcome to the hide USACS.....

On a side note.....one of you guys need to buy my rifle in the for sale section......

Aloha. From the North metro and just getting into long range shooting. Usually I just shred paper with the xdm, 1911, ar-10, or the AK-47. Nice to see MN folks enjoy shooting too!

Been saving for a few years for a scope and rifle. I decided to dump my whole wad on the scope for now and put it onto my DPMS AR in .308 untill I get the hang of things. Narrowed it down to USO and PR heritage and just doing homework.

Hope all of you guys are enjoying the extended summer weather!

Thought I should drop by here and say Hi to all my fellow Minnesotans lol I'm up in Duluth and going to school which makes me poor cause it aint' easy finding work up here. Hoping to get into LR shooting in the future looks like fun. Farthest I shot was 300M when I was in the Army Guard. Sounds like I found the right place.

I know one Wright Deputy, if the rest of them are anything like this guy they are fairly laid back and friendly. Ive never personally attempted it though. How short are you looking at going? If you go too short it doesnt have much for practicality...other than making a SHIT load of noise.

ANYONE HAVE SOME .284 162gr AMAX's I COULD PICK UP BY THIS THURSDAY? All I could find for box shit was that 150gr PSP Flat Base....DAMN YOU AMMO MANUFACTURERS!! If you have some send me a PM so I get the email alert instantly.....

Hey Everybody,

Fairly new to the hide but have been shooting my whole life. Bought my first bolt action centerfire in Alaska in 91', took-up handloading and eventually played around with some Sierra 168 grn Matchkings for an ought-six out to 300 meters. Was amazed at their accuracy even though my M70 Featherweight had a pencil thin barrel. A lot of time has gone by but long story short I am finally setting-up a precision rifle and am very interested in learning the ins and outs of longer range shooting. I am currently deployed in the sandbox but expect to be home before Christmas. I would love to meet any other MN Sniper's Hide members for a shoot sometime in the future.

TIA,
One Holer

Hi guys. I am new to the forum and have only been shooting for a few years. I do my fair share of PD hunts but am looking to get into long range shooting. The problem I have is any ranges nearby are 200yrds at best. I have a personal 250yrd range in southern MN but am looking to try 600 or better. Does anyone know of something south of the cities that would work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys. I am new to the forum and have only been shooting for a few years. I do my fair share of PD hunts but am looking to get into long range shooting. The problem I have is any ranges nearby are 200yrds at best. I have a personal 250yrd range in southern MN but am looking to try 600 or better. Does anyone know of something south of the cities that would work? </div></div>
PM me your location, I know quite a few folks in SO.MN. Start talking to farmers if you want to shoot in their fields. Bring fresh baked pies and your hunters safety card/ range membership card/ credentials that show you are a safe shooter. It works, ask me how I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0051</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys. I am new to the forum and have only been shooting for a few years. I do my fair share of PD hunts but am looking to get into long range shooting. The problem I have is any ranges nearby are 200yrds at best. I have a personal 250yrd range in southern MN but am looking to try 600 or better. Does anyone know of something south of the cities that would work? </div></div>
PM me your location, I know quite a few folks in SO.MN. Start talking to farmers if you want to shoot in their fields. Bring fresh baked pies and your hunters safety card/ range membership card/ credentials that show you are a safe shooter. It works, ask me how I know.</div></div>

Great idea! Thank you. PM sent.

Its up to our Governor now to sign the stand your ground law into effect. I doubt Gov. Dayton will sign in into law, but lets hope.

For those of you out of state people, we in MN have to retreat first before we can defend ourselves.

Now we just need a CAN bill

New to forum and just saying Hi to fellow Minn shooters.
New to the long range shooting thing.Live north metro. Close to
St Francis.Would like to meet some local guys to shoot with.
Have a short range in my back yard. Max is about 230 yards.
Would be happy to learn from some expirenced longrange shooters.

Hey guys. Just curious if the Princeton shoots still happen? If so what kind of shooting is this? Round count? I am going to be returning from deployment soon and it would be nice to do some more shooting this summer as I return. Also any information on the Elk River shoots would be great as well. I am located in St Cloud area so they are close enough I would be able to make a bunch of them I think.

Just a heads up, Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club (GRRC) is running an F-class league Thursday nights starting at 5:00 PM and continuing until we lose the light. The league will be running all Summer and we normally shoot at 1,000 yards. I realize this is known distance and maybe not the greatest practice for some of the tactical folks but I would guess it is better practice than sitting at home watching TV.

A season pass for non-members is $80 and members $50, a pretty good bargain.

If you need more info let me know,

wade

Just signed up for the sight. I'm in Marshall,Mn. Have two .17's, (HMR, Mach 2).
Getting ready to start long range shooting with my .308. Being on a budget sure slows things down.

Hey everybody, new member here. I'm from the Bemidji area, been shooting for most of my life, was in the army for 4yrs, then did some time in the guard. I'm waiting on my Savage 10-flcp-k to arrive, it took almost a year because I guess lefties aren't a big priority to Savage... Oh well

Im in the rochester area. Does anyone have any plans or pictures of a good shooting bench. I got my 600 yard range set up but my portable bench leaves a little to be desired. I am planning to pour a small pad next summer and was thinking maybe a concrete bench would be the way to go? Any suggestions.
I also order about a dozen steel targets off the group buy, cant wait for them to get here.
Good shoot'n everyone.

Chriss 55601,, Is there a place around Bemidji to shoot out to 1k? I am from Fosston and only have to shoot out to 600 yards and would really like to take it out further.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stoney15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in the rochester area. Does anyone have any plans or pictures of a good shooting bench. I got my 600 yard range set up but my portable bench leaves a little to be desired. I am planning to pour a small pad next summer and was thinking maybe a concrete bench would be the way to go? Any suggestions.
I also order about a dozen steel targets off the group buy, cant wait for them to get here.
Good shoot'n everyone.
</div></div>

Best shooting bench ever:

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/Creedmoor_Roll-up_Shooting_Mat.html

Q<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Erud</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stoney15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im in the rochester area. Does anyone have any plans or pictures of a good shooting bench. I got my 600 yard range set up but my portable bench leaves a little to be desired. I am planning to pour a small pad next summer and was thinking maybe a concrete bench would be the way to go? Any suggestions.
Good shoot'n everyone.
</div></div>

Best shooting bench ever:

http://www.creedmoorsports.com/shop/Creedmoor_Roll-up_Shooting_Mat.html </div></div>

Bad back and big gut don't go so well that route. Well it's not that bad. But the field I shoot out into is crp and the extra height of the bench helps to see over the brush.

Man it's just way to quiet around here.... Anyone noticing the over abundance of deer this year? Thinking it's going to be a good year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man it's just way to quiet around here.... Anyone noticing the over abundance of deer this year? Thinking it's going to be a good year.</div></div>

well look who it is...:D

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man it's just way to quiet around here.... Anyone noticing the over abundance of deer this year? Thinking it's going to be a good year. </div></div>

Deer population seems the same around my area. Pheasants are up from last year, tho. I only hunt varmints, so I'm pretty much indifferent.