• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: New Winchester 308 Win brass

The Vias was pretty good...the only bad thing about it is if you are shooting from the prone you definitely need to have a blanket down under the muzzle brake otherwise you will be covered in dirt/dust....the blast ports run 360 degree's around that thing...for my 300WM firing 210gr VLD's at about 2850fps it would reduce felt recoil by about 40-50% maybe....and it isnt near as loud as some of the other offerings out there.....the other advantage to the Vias is it doesnt have to be timed....take it off and put it back on as many times as you want....it doesnt matter...no crush washers to worry about either....

Minnesota shooters

Well I got all the parts so far....now all I need to do is try to make my way out to Marty's place one of these days!!

-6BR (eventually)
-Brux Finish length 30" Broken Flutes
-McMillan McHale Stock
-Stiller Tac-30 Action
-Rifle Basix LV1 trigger
-CDI bottom Metal
-Millet 6-25 LRS (not Pictured)

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

Re: Minnesota shooters

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....you got kids too hu?

I wasnt sure I was happy with the contour of the barrel at first....its like a #7 (light Varmint is what I think they called it) 0.75" at finished muzzle.....but man when I set it on there and shouldered it....man I LOVED IT! its REALLY light...I may be off but I would guess, sitting the way it is....maybe 8-9lbs? So with the scope it should be under 12 for sure....

I cant wait to get it together....but I know it will be a while before I can get it done and the powder, projectiles, brass and such....Ive got dies already....

should be a sweet shooter, the ground is hardening up nicely out here I'll be able to get the track-hoe out and build a burm for the 1000yd range, you'll have to bring her out and see what it'll do
wink.gif

HELL YEA!! I need to stretch out the M40A1 a bit and see what she will do.....I should do a load development on the thing though.....

It shoots real well even without a load development though...I just picked a charge and started shooting....got me half MOA....

That thing is looking badass Noah. Are you going to tame down the bling bling? 6br, 6crusader, 6x47, 243, what it going to be?

you'll have to make it down. The 1000+ yd range is available and in a couple hours we can have it chambered up and ready to run.

I cant wait to.....I graduate here in 3 weeks and Im going to need a weekend to blow off some steam...maybe then would be a good time....

Yea its going to have to be painted....I just cant figure out what yet.....or how I want it done.....

6BR for this barrel....and I still havent figured out what the hell to run for the switch barrel.....I want to see how the 6mmCrusader fairs out....would be cool to have two barrels set for different calibers....running the same bullet....

Slayer.....yea Ill get the M40A1 dialed in....I wanted to shoot it so I just loaded up a few rounds with a charge and OAL I picked out of thin air and it shot so well I just didnt change it....but 2775fps using 175SMK's is a little warm for barrel life...so Im going to back it off a bit...round 2600 or so...that way it matches the Unertle BDC....

I can get the Duracoating done other ways....especially without having to mail off my stick....The biggest issue is what the hell do I pick for a color? And do I try to do something cool with the flutes or just blast the whole thing one color? i thought about using some base coat like OD and then using random GAP camo colors (to match the stock) to fill in the indents....then I thought about doing them in a spiral pattern....hell I dont know...I hate shiny rifles...but this thing looks so damn cool the way it is....

Brux asked for pictures of it once I get it finished so they could start putting images on their site......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I can't hear myself think over all the crickets in here... </div></div>

I will be up and plug a 50 round outside your window... maybe then you may hear something!
wink.gif

For those of you interested, Elk River is having a 50 BMG evening at the clubhouse to introduce the big guns to new people. If you want to see some cool stuff come on down Thursday May 7th around 5:30-6:00

Adam

I might just have to do that, I've gotta meet a guy in harris at the gopher range earlier on thursday, but i'll try to drag my dad down to elk river, he's never shot a 50

thanks for the tip Adam,

Steve

Hey I have a Tasco I could borrow you to put on that, BWWAHAHAHAAHAHAH<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I got all the parts so far....now all I need to do is try to make my way out to Marty's place one of these days!!

-6BR (eventually)
-Brux Finish length 30" Broken Flutes
-McMillan McHale Stock
-Stiller Tac-30 Action
-Rifle Basix LV1 trigger
-CDI bottom Metal
-Millet 6-25 LRS (not Pictured)

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg
</div></div>

Yea you can keep that fuckin thing!!

Besides...you might be able to mount it in front of your other scope and get 250X !!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea you can keep that fuckin thing!!

Besides...you might be able to mount it in front of your other scope and get 250X !!!! </div></div>Don't get me started....

Anyone here going to be around Princeton on the 23rd/24th this month? There's going to be the rally going on, and I'm hoping to be there.

Had a bad shoulder injury last week while mountain biking. Tore my AC ligiment on my right shoulder... No shootie for me for a couple months and when I finally do start shooting probably won't play with anything bigger than a 223
frown.gif

Sorry to hear about that AV, Get well soon!

I did a little 600 yard shooting in elk river today, the wind was blowing HARD, and comeing from every direction! made things pretty interesting, still managed to get a few X's though
wink.gif

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AutoVerminator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a bad shoulder injury last week while mountain biking. Tore my AC ligiment on my right shoulder... No shootie for me for a couple months and when I finally do start shooting probably won't play with anything bigger than a 223
frown.gif
</div></div> That SUCKS! Unless your a lefty like us good shooters.... HA!

Might just have to learn how to shoot left handed if it becomes an issue when i start playing w/ the boom sticks again. Hopefully I will be able to support my body w/ my right arm once I heal up.

That really sucks AV....sorry to hear that....and ....well....you know....if you need help with eliminating some temptation.....I could "HOLD" some of those guns for you at my house!!
grin.gif

Even though it sucks....remember to laugh once in a while....are you going to be able to still work?

Went to work the day after the accident, road bicycle on the street 5 days after the accident. Stopped taking Ibuprofen 7 days after the accident and removed the sling. Have almost full range of motion of my arm back and can lift all the way over my head. Still can't put much of a load on it, tried to do a pushup last night and could support myself in the up position with out a problem. Started going down and the pain hits hard. Another week or so and I will start riding mountain bike in the dirt again. Might do a 300y f class match w/ the 223 in a couple weeks. Haven't made it out yet this year.

hey guys, I need to have some work done on my truck, so the Savage is gonna have to go, so I figured I would offer it to someone from MN first or if someone here knows someone looking for a complete system. 20 rounds of BH match ammo is all that has been down the barrel.

Savage 10FCP-HS
Leupold MK4 M1 10X with premier Gen 2 reticle
Burris Xtreme Low rings
ECW 20MOA 1 piece base
Buttler Creek Caps
Tac-Ops Stock Pad
Harris 9-13 Swivel Bi-pod
Rifle data book
MOLLE OD Green Ultimate Rifle Case

$1800... I will send pics on request, I have to take some better pics. If you have any questions feel free to email or PM me here.

Thanks,

Travis

I should have made it out to the 50 shoot but it's been verry busy here. Just heard that my new 50 action should be here in a few days, hopeing to get a few hours to set the barrel back on my current rifle and load for a match out west.

Looking foreward to get to a few High Power matches and shoot with the irons some more. Harris should have a 1000 yd F-Class and match rifle comeing up shortly.

I went out to Princeton tonight and did some shooting with some freinds of Dick (the owner) and I really hit the jackpot! there was some LEO's training out there and there was 3000 once fired FC 223 cases scattered around, and about 2000 9mm's Dick let me pick up as many as I wanted, think i ended up with about 1500 9mm's and 2500 223's before it got dark
grin.gif

So when should I have the next annual Bauer Arms BBQ???

Who thinks Saturday the 30th would work???

Post up who can make it over here and when works the best.

Adam

Count me in Adam, just got the green light from the wife.... I know, I know....

Thanks for the BBQ heads up Slayer. I will have to hit the next one up since me and the wife will be out of town for the holiday weekend.

I am curious if there is any good pistol / carbine training courses offered in my area that any of you guys could recommend. I feel like I am getting sloppy with the plinking I have been doing and would like some structured training for a reasonable fee, and any competitions you guys run that I could get involved with. No better platform for learning than to get your arse kicked by those better than you...

Re: MN member checking in!

Just a heads up guys, sheels all sports in st. cloud has Winchester Large rifle primers in stock as of today, they had about 30,000 +/-, but there is a limit of 1k per person.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but there is a limit of 1k per person.

Steve </div></div>

Bout time they start doing that...

Hey when are we having the BBQ? Is it the 30th for sure? And are we wanting to bring a shit ton of guns with this time for everyone to handle? I can bring the usual, plus the 6Br parts....that way some of you can see the McHale Stock and Brux's interrupted flutes.....

Yep, its on for the 30th. Adam asked me to put up a post for his BBQ, as he is gone all this weekend, but I just haven't had time yet.... Should be a good time, bring all your sticks and of course its BYOB.

Figure a start time around 6-6:30 and it will go till whenever guys. We will have Burgers, Brats, Dogs, & Chicken if you want to bring something to share please do! 6-Paks are always welcome!
wink.gif

Noah, we may just have to go sneak out and get some pizza supplies and make a couple on the grill!!!

We have room for people to crash, bring your pillow and a sleeping bag if ya want!

Give me a call if you need directions or have any questions.

Cheers,

Adam

Sorry guys, I can't make it over. I just saw on my way out of work today that I'm scheduled for the saturday route. I'll just have some beers here instead.

You guys missed a hell of a good BBQ, thanks again for the good time Adam. For those of you that couldn't make it I made sure and drank a beer and eat a burger for ya... I was stuffed...

I am stuck filling in for people at work and working over time
frown.gif
Good news is my arm/shoulder is 85% or better now!!! Glad to hear you guys had a great BBQ.