• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

Sorry I didn't make it to the BBQ, I spent the day shooting with a good freind, who passed away a little over a year ago's son, I take him shooting, hunting, and fishing as much as I can,
here's a pic of him shooting the AR-15 at some 200yd milk jugs,
his name is Michael, he is 8 years old and he's a gun nut
grin.gif

lilrambo.jpg

Good on ya man....bring him with when we do some shooting...he can shoot my rigs....

I feel for the little guy....

On a serious note....as a Dad i thank you for doing that....I hope to GOD that someone will do that for my kids...try to fill that empty spot...if anything happened to me....Thank you for sharing...that kinda hit home...hard...

Thanks for the kind words, he's a great kid, i've even got him helping out with reloading, he seated 250 bullets for my 243 a couple weeks ago, and who knows how many cases he's sized for me
grin.gif

His dad was a great man, the latest Hometown Huntin' Heroes DVD is dedicated in honor of him, R.I.P SSG Brian Rudnitski

Has anyone heard whether or not Elk River's KD range will be opening in the near term? I went up for the Monday night F-class shoot and found out the KD range had been closed by Police Department request for some rounds leaving the range recently.

Any ERSC members here?

I am headed to the meeting tonight to see what is going on... Below is the latest info that we have...

Dear Members,

Thank you for the overwelming response to the current situation. Nearly all of your responses have been positive. Some members have expressed concerns regarding to what apparently is much misinformation out there. I take resposibility for some of that situation. You deserve to know what is going on. I apologize. There have many issues occuring at ERSC over the past month or so. Most of the older issues have been outlined in the newsletter. Some recent developments have not. These issues have the future of the ERSC at stake. Some issues are devoloping or changing so fast, it is confusing even when deeply involved.

Please come to the Board meeting at the clubhouse tomorrow, Wednesday at 7pm. I will attempt to clarify and update everyone as to the current situation. The Elk River Police Chief will be in attendance. Please be respectful, and watch your comments that can be overheard by others. We need to project a polite, professional, well organized club to the police dept. Below is the tentative agenda for the meeting.

I am asking that all activity chairs and board members be seated in the 1,2 and 3rd rows. I anticipate a large crowd tomorrow night. We also probably have more people than chairs so consider bringing a folding chair or lawn chair if you wish.

Meeting Agenda, June 10th, 2009

- Pledge of Allegience
- Introduction of Guest(s) ERPD Chief Jeffrey Beahen
- Explanationion of current ERSC Range shutdown
- Presentation of proposed changes to KD range by Tim Thole, KD Activity Chair
- Thank Chief for attending the meeting.

After ERPD leaves:
- Roll Call
- Reports of range incidents
- Discussion of ERSC, its current and future challenges
- Explanation of approved safety and security measures
- Stan Johnson's bylaw change request
- Report from Gate committee
- Any new business if time permits
- Adjournment

Thanks Again,
See you tomorrow night,

Scott Olson, Vice President
ERSC

Thanks for the update and I look forward to the follow-up. The Monday night F-class was a lot of fun.

The KD Range is still closed. When it opens Activity Chair Tim Thole has a list of new rules for his range. If you are KD Certified currently-it is VOID. No one will be shooting at 600 yards when the KD range reopens unless it is supervised and/or organized by the activity chair Tim Thole.

Sorry for my long absence, fellas.

AV, hope your shoulder is getting better.

Adam, too bad I couldn't swing by a few weeks ago when I was in the Cities. It was all planned out great - until my wife left her day planner at the paint store, it rained, I had two kids in the loaner car, blah blah blah. Bottom line - I wish I could have swung by to say hello, and I look forward to the next time.

On the plus side, I did get to shoot at the gun range I joined a few months ago, Northwestern Gun Club. It's awesome, if I ever find time to do anything in the future it will be a great place to hang out. If you're in the area and want a 500yd range to shoot on, drop me a note. I still need to do my range briefing, but during the week it seems like a good place to shoot.

I'm having some serious thoughts about liquidating a ton of stuff (reloading gear, guns, equipment) to lean things out. I need everyone to talk me out of it!

Managed to go for a prarie dog hunt a couple weekends ago. Shoulder did ok shooting the autoverminator, but supporting my shoulder w/ my arm kinda puts a little too much pressure on AC joint. The joint was sore for a few days after that... I dont see myself shooting anything bigger than a 223 for a couple more months. Glad I picked up a 22lr kit for my 1911 for my b-day, I am sure the bigger stuff will cause pain.

On a side note I am 100% now for riding my mountain bike!!!! Things are solid enough up top to support myself on my bike in all the weird positions I get thrown in riding over all the things I ride over. Just started lifting weights yesterday. Things get a little sore when doing lateral pulls (pull ups), so I am going to keep the weight 25% under my body weight for a while until I bulk up. Hopefully I can put a bunch of meat up around that joint to help keep things together if I have another bad spill.

It has been pretty quiet on this thread lately, what has everyone been up to?

I'm going to sell 4k Fed 210M primers in the next couple of days. Anyone want any?

I'm also going to sell some LC Match brass, a new Rockchucker, a Hornady progressive, CCI #34 primers, around 350 168's, and some other reloading stuff. I wanted to give you guys a head's up before I put it up for sale since most will be local sale only.

What are you going to get for the 210M?

I havent been up to much.....I was expecting a new job to take off a few weeks ago and bought a new hot rod and now Im paying for it.....but I guess thats what I get for believing that I was going to start a job when the Govt said that I would....

Otherwise I got a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T.....and now have my M40A1 up for sale in the firearm section.....

As it turns out, I'm going to keep them as a bunch of other stuff I had for sale went, a little unexpectedly. I had a can of M118 that sold recently, since I knew I'd never shoot it (can't break into a can of 460rds, right?), and a PSS clone I had put together a few years ago. I think it is possible to have too many .308 bolt guns.

What's the job going to be, or do I have to skim the last 29 pages???
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and now have my M40A1 up for sale in the firearm section..... </div></div>

WHAT???

Yep...its come down to that....I dont want to let it go but I have to....I cant justify sitting here with no income and a rifle thats worth almost half what my wife makes in a year....

I bought the car thinking I would be working by now...

No job yet....

But my degree is in Criminal Justice....TRYING to find a job now...I just have to take my POST test then I supposedly have a job waiting for me as a fill in with a local department...at least my license will get activated...I really think that they are doing that simply because they feel bad about telling me the job they DID have for me fell through...oh well....something is still something...

Best of luck to you, man. I admire your ability to prioritize, it's inline with what I'd do, but I can't help but think there would be some around here who couldn't do the same!

KD Range @ Elk River Update:

As of tomorrow July 1st, the Known Distance Range will be open again for shooting at 200 and 300 yard shooting. Any and all 600 yard shooting must be an organized match or requires approval of Tim Thole prior to shooting. Phone 612-770-1980 or Email [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No job yet....

But my degree is in Criminal Justice....TRYING to find a job now...I just have to take my POST test then I supposedly have a job waiting for me as a fill in with a local department...at least my license will get activated...I really think that they are doing that simply because they feel bad about telling me the job they DID have for me fell through...oh well....something is still something... </div></div>

I am thinking of going to school for Criminal Justice and do the police officer route. How are you finding the market in MN for jobs? Do you think the 2 year associates is not enough to compete and recommend the 4 year bachelor's program?

I do all the time. Best part is, no one is there, and its always maintained, 300 yards.

Nice quiet day, except right before hunting season.

Also wed nights there is a bunch that do high power

For $40 a year, smokin deal and I'm about 15 mins away

Hit me up if you want to go sometime Supertuk

I'd like to introduce our newest member. 8yrs old, second time out w/ his .22 this year (ever, for that matter). So after 3hrs today, 140+ rounds, and 2 ringing steel gongs placed about 25yds out he's hooked.
My son.
5569_1193692567087_1371617876_533545_1046048_n.jpg

Re: New Member

WTB: 10/22, Actually just a reciever but LMK what ya have.
I got the bug to build another one.
If you have a complete gun I'd prefer an older one w/ a metal trigger group.
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gimmefuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTB: 10/22, Actually just a reciever but LMK what ya have.
I got the bug to build another one.
If you have a complete gun I'd prefer an older one w/ a metal trigger group.
thanks</div></div>
Strike that last post.
Got a SMOKIN(!!!) deal on a Charger today. Red/Grey stock and a Truglo red dot.

SHAMELESS PLUG FOR ALAMO GUN & PAWN IN CLOQUET, THANKS PAT!!!!!

Those Chargers are pretty fun too! I got one from my buddies shop down the road and the thing is hilarious to say the least, nice and light, easy to carry around, and pretty dang accurate for how short the barrel is!

How did everyone hold up with the storm last night/this morning?

We had some small hail but the storm looked like it was going to just smash us here. I think my pond is up at least 2 feet since yesterday! Crazy amount of rain and now the sun is shining and a humid ass day is upon us...

I think Friday was the worst day here. Hit 90 down in Lakeville, but the hummidditty was like 99.9% I think I lost three or four pounds going to the range that night.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperTuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No job yet....

But my degree is in Criminal Justice....TRYING to find a job now...I just have to take my POST test then I supposedly have a job waiting for me as a fill in with a local department...at least my license will get activated...I really think that they are doing that simply because they feel bad about telling me the job they DID have for me fell through...oh well....something is still something... </div></div>

I am thinking of going to school for Criminal Justice and do the police officer route. How are you finding the market in MN for jobs? Do you think the 2 year associates is not enough to compete and recommend the 4 year bachelor's program?</div></div>

The job market is absolutely HORRIBLE....I would recommend something in the medical field right now.....although....by the time you finish there might be more jobs out there....feel free to send me a PM if you have questions or decide to get your Crim Justice Degree....there are some tricks or things that I know that may help.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperTuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No job yet....

I am thinking of going to school for Criminal Justice and do the police officer route. How are you finding the market in MN for jobs? Do you think the 2 year associates is not enough to compete and recommend the 4 year bachelor's program?</div></div>

The job market is absolutely HORRIBLE....I would recommend something in the medical field right now.....although....by the time you finish there might be more jobs out there....feel free to send me a PM if you have questions or decide to get your Crim Justice Degree....there are some tricks or things that I know that may help.....</div></div>

LongRange I sent you a PM with a couple of questions. Thanks for any insight you can give.

WTF is wrong w/ people

So i went to the range today. Sighted in the new Charger/red dot @ 25yds, went well. Too much wind to be anywhere near acurate @ 50. Anyways, brought the 700/.308 (w/ the JP brake) w/ for shits. Sent a cpl rounds downrange @ 100 when the sound of ghetto base filled the air, yup a mid 80s POS w/ dubs worth more than the car. Out walk 2 of "those" types and about a 10 yr old girl, one of thems daughter I assume. Regardless, they start popping off rounds as fast as they can pull the trigger on their 9/40, I wasnt paying much more attn other than that they were @ the 25yd line w/ a 2 or 3 inch barrel, AND that the little girl was sitting ON the bench slightly forward of the muzzle and her hearing protction was, you guessed it, HER FINGERS(!!!WTF!!!)They werent wearing any either. After about 2 mags (clips, as I overheard them refer to them as) worth I had enough. Walked rifle in hand into the range building and grabbed one of the dozens of pairs of muffs off the wall. I gestured to the girl to come here, gave her the muffs (she thanked me),niether of guys noticed her leave their side. I waked up to the 25yd line to the left/behind them muzzle brake placed(accidentally
whistle.gif
)
about ear level I fired. They both jumped a foot, spun around and looked @ me, both obviously in discomfort. I looked @ them and said "hurts, don't it". Before they could reply I added "Dont EVER bring a little kid here w/o F**KING hearing protection. They're like 12 bux @ walmart or free to borrow in the hut" and walked away. I did feel bad about dropping the f-bomb in front of the kid but oh well. As I was packing up a few mintues later, I noticed both of them coming out of the hut w/ a pair of muffs each.

Srsly, I could really give 2 shits less if (adult)idiots dont wanna wear hearing protection, but w/ a kid wtf!!!
anyways, theres my rant.... [/RANT]

Re: WTF is wrong w/ people

The late J.B.S. Haldane, a biologist, was asked by an interviewer what he might have concluded about God as a result of his career. Haldane said, "He must have been very fond of beetles, as there are so many species of them."

God must also have been very fond of stupid people, using that line of reasoning.

Thanks for your input/opinion....

I posted it here for a few reasons. Biggest is hes not shipping it, willing to meet somebody within a reasonable distance. Just figured Id let somebody here have a shot @ it.
And if it get ur undies out of a bunch its my best friends gun, I just bought it from him for a dollar, Now I want $500 for it, better?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gimmefuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FS: Rem 700 SPS Tactical .223/5.56
Posting this for a friend. He bought it in Oct. and hasnt put a round through it. Basically brand new!
I can vouch for this model as I have the same thing in a .308 and its a tac driver.
CIMG2420.jpg

Bipod and scope/rings not included, bases are.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$500.00</span></span>
Link to Remingtons site:
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/premier_dealer_exclusives/model_700_SPS.asp
Link to review:
http://www.snipercentral.com/spstactical.htm </div></div>

You put this in the wrong thread in the wrong area.

I really do think we should ban "posting this for a friend" sales ads.</div></div>

Dumb question here Dusty...when did you move to Minnesota??

Hey guys, if anyone needs any 30rd PMAG's I have a ton of them here to get rid of.
wink.gif
I also have some DPMS LPK's available in very limited quantity as well.

Cheers,

Adam

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gimmefuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FS: Rem 700 SPS Tactical .223/5.56
Posting this for a friend. He bought it in Oct. and hasnt put a round through it. Basically brand new!
I can vouch for this model as I have the same thing in a .308 and its a tac driver.
CIMG2420.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">$500.00</span></span>
Link to Remingtons site:
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/premier_dealer_exclusives/model_700_SPS.asp
Link to review:

I really do think we should ban "posting this for a friend" sales ads.</div></div>

Dumb question here Dusty...when did you move to Minnesota??</div></div>

Dusty.....who the hell are you....

you have been a member for like what....4 months and suddenly you want to use the word "WE" like you have been around here forever.....who cares if you are selling something for a friend or it is yours....if you have the weapon in hand or you trust your friend to give it up is someone says they will take it whats the big deal? YOU are the one putting your reputation on the line by selling it.....let them if they want to take that risk..... So if one of your family members had a weapon they would want to sell you wouldnt post it up for them?

Im not trying to be a dick....but Im just about ready to walk away from the Hide because of all these new guys coming in here and posting up what they think the rules should be and trying to change what we have had going for a LONG time....Ive been around here on the Hide for 8 years and have watched it slowly change into what it is today because of all the new "Trash" (DONT THINK FOR A SECOND IM REFERRING TO YOU, I dont even know you yet) thats showing up here......This used to be a great place, a group of tight knit friends.....but unfortunately what happens to a friendly small town right after a sudden population explosion is happening here at the Hide, and I dont think its a good thing....................

How did this get changed to a Non-Minnesota thread?

Dusty,

FWIW, that's why I asked. gimmefuel was on a Minnesota thread. Then it changed. All he's doing is selling a rifle. He's following the law. In this case it's a specific thread to Minnesota so he's asking the guys he's shot with and know if they know someone who is interested in the rifle. Otherwise, if he's just putting it out there, yeah, he might go to firearms for sale. But that's just 'cause people look there for them. Not because you can't work something out on your own in another thread.

But the crux of why people get annoyed with things like this is you're not a moderator/administrator/whatever. You don't need to step up and be a policeman. Maybe if you were a regular on this thread or shot with some of these guys you might have something to say to a new guy coming in here and doing that. Instead your a new guy talking to a regular. It just don't work that way. BTW, I started shooting at Princeton this year so I qualify as the FNG around here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longrange****</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gimmefuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FS: Rem 700 SPS Tactical .223/5.56
CIMG2420.jpg

Link to Remingtons site:
Link to review:

Dumb question here Dusty...when did you move to Minnesota??</div></div>

Dusty.....who the hell are you....

you have been a member for like what....4 months and suddenly you want to use the word "WE" like you have been around here forever.....who cares if you are selling something for a friend or it is yours....if you have the weapon in hand or you trust your friend to give it up is someone says they will take it whats the big deal? YOU are the one putting your reputation on the line by selling it.....let them if they want to take that risk..... So if one of your family members had a weapon they would want to sell you wouldnt post it up for them?

Im not trying to be a dick....but Im just about ready to walk away from the Hide because of all these new guys coming in here and posting up what they think the rules should be and trying to change what we have had going for a LONG time....Ive been around here on the Hide for 8 years and have watched it slowly change into what it is today because of all the new "Trash" (DONT THINK FOR A SECOND IM REFERRING TO YOU, I dont even know you yet) thats showing up here......This used to be a great place, a group of tight knit friends.....but unfortunately what happens to a friendly small town right after a sudden population explosion is happening here at the Hide, and I dont think its a good thing....................</div></div>
Thanks for having my back here guys.
I received a PM from a mod that very politely quoted the rules. All the quotes were in regards to my Profile. Nothing about selling items for others. (Which i dont make a habit of, but he's one of my best friends, currently in the Army, and Ive known hime for over a decade. And I figured someone here would appreciate a deal) Anyway i filled out the missing items in my profile, location and DOB IIRC, and within hours my post had been deleted.
Oh wells, figure as long as people keep quoting his post mine lives on, thanks for the bumps.
Jason

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see we're back to a Minnesota thread... </div></div>

Your welcome.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gimmefuel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FS: Rem 700 SPS Tactical .223/5.56
CIMG2420.jpg

Link to Remingtons site:
Link to review:

At least they were polite....although I have no idea as to why they deleated it....who was the moderator that sent you the PM....

wanted to give a plug for Adam....not that he needs it here. Somehow managed to mess up one order with him TWICE. Even though they were both my fault, he fixed them both with only one snide remark.......
wink.gif
Good products and great customer service....thanks adam.

I haven't been much of a participant in the MN forum, life has been rolling me around pretty good the last two or three years--marriage, child, three moves, one eviction....you guys know the story. But, things are finally calming down a bit for me so I hope to be more involved here.....

Glad to see you are back on your feet....at least someone is...you sould come out and shoot at princeton this winter....Not sure what they are planning on charging this year...but Im sure its inflated...

Have you been talking to the owner at all Adam? Is he going to take better care of the range this year?

Have not talked to anyone up there, been pretty hectic around here with everything going on with AI and MHSA over here... Hell, all I have to shoot right now is my 50, the 223AI is having the chamber re-done as it was a bit off and then I sold the Badger 260 a month or two ago and Marty has all the pieces to put my Badger 338 together but has no time.... Ugh, I remember starting this company so I could go shoot and stuff... Dammit, what the hell happened?

Now all I do is this for fun:
img042.jpg