• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

Any of you guys interested in <span style="text-decoration: line-through">1k Lapua 155 Scenars for $350?</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">All gone</span>. I'd personally deliver them in the approximate area between Duluth, down US53 to Eau Claire, west on I94 to St Paul, and then back to Duluth on I35. I don't want to ship these if I can avoid it, but I'll list them in the exchange in few days.

I just bought a quarter of beef so I can't do it until next week. I'd be interested in half of them for half that price if you wanted to meet somewhere in the range you gave. I'm down in Lakeville/Rosemount area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_21420</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got an HS Precision M24 vertical grip for my 280AI, i'll put a pic up after I get it back from Jeff, I think i'm going to hit the barreled action with moly-resin too, probably just stay with flat black though nothing fancy...

Steve</div></div>

So, now what are you doing with the old stock. I mean you won the shoot last week and I'm wantin' a piece of the 'magic' rifle?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So, now what are you doing with the old stock. I mean you won the shoot last week and I'm wantin' a piece of the 'magic' rifle?
grin.gif
</div></div>

Sorry, The stock is already sold. wasn't anything magic about it though, thats just skill
grin.gif

I'm ready for the 14th, gonna have to find the time to do some 1000 yard shooting soon too, anybody else want to?

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just bought a quarter of beef so I can't do it until next week. I'd be interested in half of them for half that price if you wanted to meet somewhere in the range you gave. I'm down in Lakeville/Rosemount area. </div></div>

OK, I'll just sit on them for a while then and see what happens. Maybe someone else around here is interested in the other half. They're still boxed up in the original package from Kaltron-Pettibone though and I don't want to break that open unless I am sure I can sell them locally.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">I also have 5 100rd boxes of Lapua new brass (same lot #) too that I'm going to let go eventually. $300 for all 5 boxes.

I'd let all of the stuff go for $600 delivered. </span> <span style="font-weight: bold">All gone</span>.
Beings a lot of you guys hang out together, I'll just sit on them and maybe you all can come up with something amongst yourselves.

Another thing, maybe Austan could take them to one of the area shoots, as I go by his place quite often.

you could probably sell it at the match in Princeton if you come up for it, I decided on IMR 4895 for the 308 or I would've bought it...

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just realized the next match is on valentines. wife is gonna kill me if I spend all day with the guys</div></div>

Not all day, just the part where its light out...
wink.gif

I think the turn-out will be a little smaller because its valentine's day, should make it more fun, + it'll go faster...

Next shoot after will be March 7th, then March 28th, and the last date set is April 18th. then we'll have to find somewhere else to shoot
frown.gif

I think we should set up a small steel match, always wanted to try that.

Steve

Man I'm game for killing some steel.... Been trying to get to 1K for awhile, just can't find a place that's not 3-4 hour drive. I should be there on the 14th, as long as this guy gets his crap together and mails off my new scope... Heck I might be there anyways... Should be a good time for sure.

Hey, where has that Kenny guy been? Did he fall off the face of the Earth or did his wife chop off his balls?

Guys, I am thinking of reworking my autoverminator. It currently has a 20" 1/8 twist DPMS DCM barrel on it, and I am looking at a 26" 1:12 twist varmint barrel so I can rocket some 40gr ballistic tips. Does anyone have any experience w/ White Oak barrels? It looks like they use the same wilson blanks as Dpms.

white oak barrels are very good to go. I have had several that all would print under an inch.

I am in vegas this weekend but still REALLY intended to make the last three shoots.....really

Yea, sure as shit the guy drug his feet shipping the scope, tracking # says this Wednesday for arrival... Probably won't be making it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, sure as shit the guy drug his feet shipping the scope, tracking # says this Wednesday for arrival... Probably won't be making it...</div></div>

I've got a really sweet 6-24 tasco i'll let you borrow for the shoot
wink.gif
you'll probably fall in love with it though...

Sparks1 Checking in as another Mn. member. Just getting started in this game so I have alot to learn. What is this about a shoot in Princeton. I live in Ramsey and shoot at Minnetonka Game and Fish. 300m range max. Been thinking of doing the F-class in Elk River. I thought it was open to the public for these events.
Sticks include:
Savage10FCP HS .308 (soon to have a 6.5CSS barrel)
24" DPMS AR-15 .223

Welcome to the hide Sparks1! Looks like you have two great rifles for target shooting, btw what is the twist on that 24" DPMS?

http://ersportsman.com/

This is the website for the Elk River range, the events on the calender should all be open to the public. Basically check in at the range shed. If they do the league again this year I am going to try my best to make it to most of them. I had a shoulder injury last spring that put me out of the game.

Some of the other guys will post up about the Princeton shoot, I haven't made it to any of those.

Hey Sparks1! Welcome!

The shoots in princeton are a lot of fun. you shoot various different bullseye and animal targets, @ different ranges (100-515yds) basicly just a good group of guys there to have fun.

The next date is sunday March 7th, everybody gets there around 8:30ishAM. you'll need 30 rounds to shoot the match, probably bring around 40 just to make sure you have enough sighters. If you need more info about the shoots let me know i'll pm you my phone #

The match today went great, lots of wind but that just makes it more fun
wink.gif
I managed to tie for first this time with a 279 using a freinds 300WSM. I can't wait to get the 280AI back up and running, should be ready to go by the next one...

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, sure as shit the guy drug his feet shipping the scope, tracking # says this Wednesday for arrival... Probably won't be making it...</div></div>

I've got a really sweet 6-24 tasco i'll let you borrow for the shoot
wink.gif
you'll probably fall in love with it though...
</div></div>lol, what a nice guy...

Good job on the shoot!

Twist is 1 in 9 . Should be good enough for 69 gr SMK, did not plan on it being a long range.

Princeton hmmmm. Might have the new 6.5 ready to go. I'll see what the next week does as far as UPS shipping.

Hello all.

Was on here in 08, just got back from Iraq. Was wondering about the Elk River range. Anyone know if they are full up on members this year or if there are any openings. Also if anyone on here would be willing to sponser me if poss. Got a Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout that I bought and have only shot out to 100 yds with it. Thanks in advance for any help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sparks1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twist is 1 in 9 . Should be good enough for 69 gr SMK, did not plan on it being a long range.

Princeton hmmmm. Might have the new 6.5 ready to go. I'll see what the next week does as far as UPS shipping. </div></div> Hey I get superb results from 75grn AMAX's out of my 1-9 twist savage barrel. And I'm not the only one FWIW....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ravkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all.

Was on here in 08, just got back from Iraq. Was wondering about the Elk River range. Anyone know if they are full up on members this year or if there are any openings. Also if anyone on here would be willing to sponser me if poss. Got a Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout that I bought and have only shot out to 100 yds with it. Thanks in advance for any help. </div></div> Talk to Adam Bauer, he's posted a few times on this thread, he's a member. Seems like it's very difficult to get on there last I heard...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, what a nice guy...

Good job on the shoot!</div></div>

Always trying to help
wink.gif

Thanks, I hope to start posting some better scores after I get everything set back up and play with it a little more.

Think your nightforce will be to you by the next shoot?
laugh.gif

I look forward to meeting more of you if you can make it out.

anyone heard from wi50? he was at the first shoot, haven't seen him around here in a while either...

Steve

Steve, don't go bothering WI50 right now. He is doing some work for me and I don't want him distracted.
grin.gif
I think we are shooting at his place this weekend if we can work out a day. He's got a 700yd range set up behind his house ready to go all the time. Tough part is getting him out of the chainsaw parts long enough to shoot.

So I scored one of these barrels off of Midway on sunday!

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=688404

18" heavy profile w/ flutes. I am going to install this on the autoverminator this weekend if all goes as planned. The barrel is a little too thick for a standard A2 bird cadge, so I will install a miculek brake on the end that I have had sitting around for years. I will have to find a YHM or DPMS flash hider if I use this thing in F class at 300y. I probably will just stick with my varmint load which is a 55gr nosler ballistic tip. When I get a chance to pick up some of the new 60gr NBT's, I will give those a try. MV should be around 2950fps w/ the 55's and get me out to 250 yards no problem on p-dogs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ravkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hello all.

Was on here in 08, just got back from Iraq. Was wondering about the Elk River range. Anyone know if they are full up on members this year or if there are any openings. Also if anyone on here would be willing to sponser me if poss. Got a Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout that I bought and have only shot out to 100 yds with it. Thanks in advance for any help. </div></div>

What cal for the dta srs?

Specifics on the Princeton shoot please. Is it position shooting,prone?? Bipod or bag? Range fees?

Not having been to one I would like to know more.
Thanks
Ron

Sparks1,

We shoot off benches. Except for two stages which are a walk-up to a standing bench. No rear rest allowed. And, an unrested (no aid, you can use the bench though) @ 300. Other than those two stages it's front and rear rested bench 100-500. If you show up don't worry we'll walk you through it.

For non-members (like me) it's $30 for the basic which puts you into the team competition. For individual it's $45. You all shoot the same course of fire though. Just if you choose to enter individual it's more but you also get a payout for that too. Payout on team varies with how many guys show up.

If you shoot the Saturday previous, it costs $10 but you get half that back for Sundays shoot. Meaning it costs $25.

I don't know what members pay, but it's less. Membership would be fun if I lived on the North side of the cities. But I live South.

Princeton sounds right. Guess I'll give it a try. Sorry for the person(s) on my team. first time shootin over 300m could be a challenge. But, that's why I want to try it.
Gonna have to learn and card my come-ups. Got some range time to put in.
Count me in. Hoping my 6.5 gets here soon, or I will shoot the .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, what a nice guy...

Good job on the shoot!</div></div>

Always trying to help
wink.gif

Thanks, I hope to start posting some better scores after I get everything set back up and play with it a little more.

Think your nightforce will be to you by the next shoot?
laugh.gif

I look forward to meeting more of you if you can make it out.

anyone heard from wi50? he was at the first shoot, haven't seen him around here in a while either...

Steve </div></div> Well the scope arrived today, everything looked great until I tried to put it on the rifle. I must have measured wrong as I thought the Burris XTR Low rings would work with the 56mm objective...wrong... need the mediums! Now I'm off to find a set of rings! I was hoping to get a few rounds down range with it to run some box tests before I parted ways with the seller, looks like that's going to be tough to do having to wait a week for rings.
mad.gif

Austan -

I have both the .308 and .338lm. Looking at maybe getting the .50 and .416 also at some point. Have the NF 5.5-22X50 scope with a harris bipod.

Ravkin, I'm going to have to find a time to shoot with you. I really want to get behind one of those some day.

Gunman7, I think I have a set of 30mm med xtr's in the gun room. pm me if you need them.

Was on here in 08, just got back from Iraq. Was wondering about the Elk River range. Anyone know if they are full up on members this year or if there are any openings. Also if anyone on here would be willing to sponser me if poss. Got a Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout that I bought and have only shot out to 100 yds with it. Thanks in advance for any help. </div></div>

Hey, ER is done accepting applications for this year they only accept renewals and new apps starting Dec and ending sometime in the end of Jan... You have to have a sponsor and all the hoopla to go with it, check out the website for more info:

http://www.ersportsman.com/

Adam

Hey Adam, you ever going to make it up to a shoot? I need another bipod so you should come and bring one with you
wink.gif

I'm getting excited for the next one already since i'll have the 280 back up and running in its new and improved form, i'm trying out one of A.Z. precision's "Marksman" bolt knobs on it as well, should be fun!

-Steve

Steve,

There I was with a spare Harris bipod in my box...oh well. Remind me about the 208's before next match.

Gunman_7,

You better double/triple check on medium rings. I'm thinking 'High' for sure if not extra high {edt: for a 56 mm scope}. I needed extra high for standard bases on a non-taper barrel and high for a sporter tapered barrel. Unless you are putting on a higher picatinny style base(s) you're going to need some room!

Anyone have any ideas for getting the Mn. suppressor law changed? I think we should join the other 38 states in allowing them.

Thoughts on this anyone?

Yea I've been wanting to push this also, I'll do what I can I just don't know where to start! I guess the first thing would be to find a gun friendly Senator....HA!

We have our pick between Amy Klobuchar, and Al Franken....

<span style="font-weight: bold">Klobuchar</span>
- Did vote to extend the ban on assault weapons.
- Voted YES in allowing firearms in checked baggage on Amtrak trains.
- Voted YES on prohibiting foreign & UN aid that restricts US gun ownership.
- Claimed she would do nothing to hurt hunting.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Franken</span>
-Has no stance on gun control on record....But good luck with that...

I'd still be up for doing what we can though...

I believe we would have to work in the local (state) arena, not the federal. Federal law allows it, tho with stipulations. Mn. is 1 of 12 states to ban them. We would need to consult with a state representative , who is willing to introduce a bill.
First...alot of disinformation would have to be dispelled, and then educate legislators and public as to why it is a good idea. I expect that the same crowd that thought CCW would bring back the old west will be in an uproar.
Points>>>
Already legal in 38 staes
More civility in shooting suppressed>>>less noise.
No suppressed firearms used in crimes by legal licensed suppressor owners
Less noise>>>not fully silenced.
Cost is beyond what most people will pay. ie tax, cost of suppressor. Not to mention the wait for BATF to clear purchase.
Already illegal to use one in commision of a crime.

I think a push for target shooting and hunting is the way to go. If the DNR does not go for it, then settle for no deer hunting. Still woud like small game included.
Law enforcement would probably whine, especially in the metro, but I think outstate LE's might be persuaded once given the facts.
I believe we should get a group together and try this. It will be a long row to hoe, but worth it.

Any idea on where to get a sample or copy of the bill from other states that don't have the ban? It would be good to go off of someone else's success as far as format and information presented. I do believe that they can be convinced of passing the bill, given enough time and information on it, but it MUST be very well written.

You will have to consider many many variables in how you present the information, everything from the first word you put in a bill to how you present yourself to a governmental law-maker-type official. They have their preconceived notions on what a 'suppressor' is/does, and it's applications, what they aren't aware of are the practical applications like you mentioned; small game hunting, target shooting competition shooters. There are a lot of valid points, as made obvious by the fact that other states do not have a ban, so it must work for them.

I'd be interested in helping out in research and writing, evun tho sumtimes my enlISH iz bad, but no picket signs for me.... not my thing.

I agree, picket signs aren't going to do any thing for this cause, leave that for abortionists and PETA...

First thing first, as stated above we need to pick the brains of those who have crossed this bridge before, and the more recent the better! I'm going to start digging through the list of states that accept them and find a few that have recently crossed the hurtle, and see what they can do to aid us. -Chris

I'm going to get in contact with the NRA today and see which direction they can point us...

I would suggest Wisconsin but they ban SBR's and CCW. We get those.

For the Record Al Franken is <span style="text-decoration: underline">extremely</span> Anti-Gun. Read his platform statements. He wants to restrict them in most every way he can. The one thing that came up for him to have a record on was tabled for some reason before he got his vote/opinion on it. So while there is technically no record...rest assured he stands opposed to guns.

I'm not sure what is meant by Amy Klobuchars voting for the bill that prohibihts foreign and U.S. aid that restricts gun ownership. It sounds like one of those double negative with a twist statements that is actually pro-gun ownership.

Edit:

Texas would probably be a good (the best) place to start.

Edit II:

Arizona and South Dakota See if we can't locate some members there and if they can put us in touch with a politician or two in those 3 states.

Well I'm in the middle of playing phone tag with Chris Rager, the NRA ILA State and Local Government Liaison for Minnesota. I want to find out if there has been any interest in this subject by others, and he'll be the one to ask. Not sure if I'll get to talk to him before I head out to work though...