• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up MN member checking in!

Re: MN member checking in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wwbrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would recommend Jim Kobe in Bloomington he does outstanding work at a fair rate and is fast. I have Jim install 3-4 barrels a year for me, mainly for my F-class rig. He has a reamer for 6.5 x 47 L throated for 130-140 g, a 6.5 x 55 AI throated for heavies, and an assortment of 6mm BR reamers. The improved swede has shown itself to be a great round when combined with 139 Scenars and H4831SC I will probably shoot this for 1,000 yards and windy 600 matches, it is shooting 0.5 MOA 5 shot groups at 300 m. I also shoot a barrel with the 6.5 x 47 L and is also a great round.
</div></div>

Wade, what is the base to shoulder/neck junction measurement on the improved swede? 30 or 40 degree shoulder angle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnjessewi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Adam,
glad that your swamped, at least someone is benefiting in this economy. but i am out of fresh brass, so can't reload anymore without the bushings....:)
</div></div>

What size bushings are you looking for?

I could lend you some to get you out of a bind, but I would eventually want them back when you get the ones you ordered.

I have .335,.336 &.337 for 308 and .244, .245 and .246 for 223.

They're titanium nitride from Redding.

Oh, also have 307, 308 and 309 for 284.

I'm back and forth between Gordon and Clear Lake just about everyday.

VW:
Thanks alot for the offer, i am waiting on .293, .294 for 6.5 284.
also I am out of town for about 1-1.5 weeks at the moment.
hopefully adam can find some by then or soon after.
It took me a long time to get the rifle put together and get most of the reloading stuff, so a little longer won't kill me.
getting on to 2 1/2 months though....

cheers
jesse

Hey guys,

New guy here from Rockford, thought i would stop in and say hi. I've been shooting for years but just got into the long range stuff. I shoot a rem700 .308 varmint 26" barrel, and a 700 in .243. I have plenty of room on the farm here to bang steel out to about 500 yrds if you guys would be interested someday.

Andy

This could open up a can of worms.
laugh.gif

Just kidding. That's a very generous offer and I for one would be interested. Sure is close to the metro and a short drive. I live in Ramsey.
Ron

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fat Kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

New guy here from Rockford, thought i would stop in and say hi. I've been shooting for years but just got into the long range stuff. I shoot a rem700 .308 varmint 26" barrel, and a 700 in .243. I have plenty of room on the farm here to bang steel out to about 500 yrds if you guys would be interested someday.

Andy</div></div>

We were talking about finding a 500 yd. place to bang steel at...

Thanks for the offer.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

today i was out banging steel at 275 yrds, just need to pick up some harder steel. blowing holes in 3/8" plate is eating up targets fast.

Andy

Yeah, I would think 3/8" is okay for handguns , but a high power rifle no. We have used 1/2" and it still gets some good craters. Especially from FMJ's in our .223's. Maybe someone here can advise you on steel that would be good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fat Kid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys,

Andy</div></div>

We were talking about finding a 500 yd. place to bang steel at...

Thanks for the offer. </div></div>

+1

That would be awesome....

I have a #2 and a #3 of kurt's LV targets I would bring along

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sparks1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, I would think 3/8" is okay for handguns , but a high power rifle no. We have used 1/2" and it still gets some good craters. Especially from FMJ's in our .223's. Maybe someone here can advise you on steel that would be good.</div></div>

If your gonna make targets AR500 is the only way to go...

-Steve

Hey guys, if anyone needs any 223 AI mags I just got a ton of them in finally.

Let me know if anyone wants any.

Adam

Yeah that is pretty cool but I think i'd just pick up an Integrally Suppressed Buckmark or mkIII. I think a rifle can would be the best of all though, those skittish prarie dogs wouldn't know what hit them
cool.gif

-Steve

Steve,

Ya gotta understand. I got to shoot these when I was in the service. They are awesome. Just like the one I got now that isn't suppressed. I was shooting .22 rifle {edit: last week} without earplugs. Then I shot the .22 pistol OMG! That was loud! It would just be nice to plink away @ 50 without plugs in your ears for once.

Edit:

FWIW, I have a Buckmark and it shoots every bit as good as the High Standard. Plus it's newer and much, much easier to get extra mags for. Nothing like WWII intrigue though....nothing.

yeah I understand the nostalgia of the old military guns, i've never been extremely into the collectors side of it though.
I know what you mean when you talk about how loud a 22 pistol is, i've got 4 different models and you definitely need plugs
eek.gif
I have had the chance to shoot a supressed mkIII, and buckmark. its amazing how quiet they are. Makes me want to migrate a few miles to the east so I can have those fun toys myself...

-Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slayer_280AI</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah I understand the nostalgia of the old military guns, i've never been extremely into the collectors side of it though.
I know what you mean when you talk about how loud a 22 pistol is, i've got 4 different models and you definitely need plugs
eek.gif
I have had the chance to shoot a supressed mkIII, and buckmark. its amazing how quiet they are. Makes me want to migrate a few miles to the east so I can have those fun toys myself...

-Steve</div></div>

SEEE!! I told ya!
grin.gif
grin.gif

We used these during 'hostage rescue' training. It was fun, even if we did it about 30-40 times a day. I know we used about two bricks a day through these.
One fun thing we did was when we started this training we used BB guns when we did live body simulations (one of our guys is the hostage and one is the bad guy). They told us when you come through the door the hostage may react in a way you won't expect so be aware of it. Well this SPC.4 (senior to us at the time) is the hostage and he jumps on R#$%%^ as we come in the door. R#&%%^ shoots him in the lip with the BB gun. The Spc.4 stands back tears in his eyes cause he took one to the face. He is in pain. Then he starts rubbing his lip where it hit and the BB falls and hits the floor! It left this great big indent in his lip that didn't go away for almost three days. Needless to say R#$%%^ wasn't the lead man in anymore.
wink.gif
The MP5SD's we trained with (and I carried into Grenada btw) were like shooting a "nine pound BB gun". The 5.56 suppressor wasn't much of a suppressor I thought, but it certainly cut down on the noise. They've come a long way since then.

The thing I've been most impressed with is how well tuned you can find muzzle breaks.

I was wondering if anybody was interested in trading a stinger case for some 69 SMK's. Looking for about 1k of them, my son has shot up that many already this spring, and does'nt appear to be getting tired of it. I would like to keep this local, I don't want to ship that thing.

you fella's will have to come out here someday, I've got some suppressors you cfan try out.

If any of you guys are interested i'm going to be setting up a Utah concealed carry class within the next few weeks. the class will be 4 hours long and cost $50 no shooting will be required but we might head out to my place to plink a little for fun anyway.
the class will be put on by Greg Olson of http://www.sandcreekfirearms.com/courses/

i've talked to him on the phone and he seems to be a pretty good guy.

if you guys are interested let me know and i'll get you the info and we can try to set the date so it works for everyone

-Steve

I hear there is a match at Princeton tomorrow can someone verify this and point me to a location where I can find a map or address on the web or just give me the address.

Thanks

wade

West Branch Gun Club

Address:
10604 40th Street
Princeton, MN 55371

Contact Person:Ken Sanford
Phone Number: 763/389-2264 & 612/390-4451

Directions to Range:
Hwy 169 to N LaGrande Ave (40th Street Exit) left 1.5 miles

You can right click and save this map if you'd like. I traced the route in yellow from 169:
WBGCmap.jpg

Scored a nice 20 gauge auto shotgun at the auction, lots of good deals to have been had.. A few I should have bought...

FN SBR in .308 for $600 NIB
Cooper Arms NIB for $700
couple of nice over/under shotguns.

Sweet, what kind of 20 gauge did you get?

You should have been at the shoot today, there was a really good turnout. It was pretty windy but that makes it even more fun
wink.gif

-Steve

gunman_7,

Yeah, I looked at that auction and thought of 15 or 20 that I should have. But then I looked at my bank account and my growing collection that I don't always shoot and thought I should save my money for the shoot on Sunday. They had some cool stuff there by the list you gave.

Anyhow, Saturday, I got treated to a birthday party by my wife and all my kids.
grin.gif
It was a range party so we went out there and shot a bunch of stuff. 180 rds of AR was most of it. Kids really liked that!
grin.gif
All the while I'm singing Happy Birsday dear Bomby (Chitty..I vaunt zat Kahr). Wife just rolling her eyes.
grin.gif

LOL, well I'm glad you had a good b-day.

Yea I COMPLETELY forgot about the match. I was so dead tired Sat night I crashed. When I woke up I kept asking the wife what it was that I was forgetting to do today and about 10am it dawned on me.... I'm going to try and get off of work for the last match...we'll see...

I picked up a camo'd Charles Daily NIB 20 gauge with all the chokes for a couple hundred bucks...

Steve,

I know we talked about the military going to the .300 now for the M24. This is a link from BW tactical weekly I get:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htweap/articles/20100322.aspx

Not completely accurate, but by looking between the lines and reading some of the responses I totally sense the beancounters have made a decision to run the hardware/ammo the wrong way again. It doesn't go into specifics about why they chose the 220 gr. SMK. Just that they did what they did and there it is.

What irks me is the brass/annalists/auditors who made this decision act like they got there just in time when the Army (AF/Marines as well) needed this from the start. Then they ignore the better options because they still don't see the light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, well I'm glad you had a good b-day.

Yea I COMPLETELY forgot about the match. I was so dead tired Sat night I crashed. When I woke up I kept asking the wife what it was that I was forgetting to do today and about 10am it dawned on my.... I'm going to try and get off of work for the last match...we'll see...

I picked up a camo'ed Charles Daily NIB 20 guage with all the chokes for a couple hundred bucks...</div></div>

Good deal,

I was looking at the Win 1886's and the 100 and 88 in .243/284/.308. There were some Chilean 1895's in there too if I remember. Too bad I've got a slew of 7x57 rifles.

Edit:

So, did most of that stuff sell pretty good or was it pretty high dollar? I could have gone for the FN the custom 8x57 JS and the FN. Always wonder about how well they sold. If you get them cheap in a market like this it may take a couple years for the price to come up so people can make a profit on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunman_7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, well I'm glad you had a good b-day.

Yea I COMPLETELY forgot about the match. I was so dead tired Sat night I crashed. When I woke up I kept asking the wife what it was that I was forgetting to do today and about 10am it dawned on my.... I'm going to try and get off of work for the last match...we'll see...

I picked up a camo'ed Charles Daily NIB 20 guage with all the chokes for a couple hundred bucks...</div></div>

Good deal,

I was looking at the Win 1886's and the 100 and 88 in .243/284/.308. There were some Chilean 1895's in there too if I remember. Too bad I've got a slew of 7x57 rifles.

Edit:

So, did most of that stuff sell pretty good or was it pretty high dollar? I could have gone for the FN the custom 8x57 JS and the FN. Always wonder about how well they sold. If you get them cheap in a market like this it may take a couple years for the price to come up so people can make a profit on them. </div></div> Actually I was surprised, about 25% of them sold for more than new prices, about 50% went for a good deal if your looking to own, and about 25% were great deals to make money off of... over all I was impressed with the final prices being they had over two thousand people come through....

There's an auction tomorrow in Amery, Wi.
Looks like some interesting things are listed.
auction

New guy from MN. First post

Been a member at Minnetonka Game & Fish for about 15 years. I started the IDPA league there about 10 years ago and ran MAPSA for a few years.

I'm looking to get into F-class or similar precision rifle matches. Been lurking here for a few weeks researching optics.

Regards

Welcome to the hide tsquared!

where are you from? if your interested theres a match coming up in princeton that a few of us should be at, its more for fun than anything but theres usually about 20-30 shooters and lots of knowledge being passed around. let me know if your interested and I can get you the details
wink.gif

-Steve

Im out in the west metro.

I'm interested in that match info. If its the weeknight match Autoverminator mentioned it would usually be difficult for me to get up there by 6 pm given traffic from the cities and work constraints. But I would still be interested in coming up to check thing out and pick some brains.

Steve - I'll shoot you a pm for info.

Forgot to mention - stick is a Robar SR-60 w/ 20 bbl. Current glass is a Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40 w/ TMR. Bought the rifle about 10 years ago with the intent of getting into some precision matches, but life got in the way. The long range bug is back and I've got a Premier 3-15x50 on the way from Liberty Optics.

Regards,

Austan me and chris wanna get something set up fo the weekend of the 24 of april we can all get together sat afternoon for beer and hold-em and then sun morn ill try to get some dignity back from the hold-em game by kickin your ass on a benchrest scorecard...lmao
Lmk
Ken

Sounds like i better practice befor I come out and try to keep up to you guys
eek.gif

Its nice and calm out so I'm going to the back 40 to set up at 500 yards and bang some steel in hopes of getting better
smile.gif

Andy

I'll really try to get to Elk River on saturday, I shot that match out there a couple years agoe and have never been back would be fun to get there again..... maybe I can get Austin to ride allong.

A couple weeks agoe I was out shopping for some equipment and ended up a few miles from Albany Wi. so I stopped in at Rock Creek barrels for a while. Neat stuff to see how the machines work, lapping, how gain twist rifleing is cut and a bunch of other stuff.

That sounds like a cool road trip! Marty, what's your thoughts of some of us getting together and coming out to your place on the 24th of this month, about two weeks from now... Would there be a chance of shooting the 1K field?

I'd love to shoot on the 24th but I do plan on going to a match in Eau Claire that Saturday, Austin and Garrett plan to attend also. You should come out and shoot the 600 yd F-Class match and afterward, say 3-4PM untill dark we could spend a few hours here shooting 1000-1100, or stay over this way do some loading and shoot on Sunday, or depending on your schedule, shooting on Friday.

Man that sounds interesting! I sent you a PM with some questions....

Ok, just got home, I see Marty all ready has people informed.

Ken, sorry I never called you back but Gunman never called me back so it all works out.

Marty, can't do this weekend but I'm definitely on for the 24th. This next week/end I'm gonna be busy working on the house to finish some things up so the wife will shutteth her pie hole.

You guys should come down and go to the Eau Claire match with us. Get a bunch of guys shooting F-class down there would be fun.

Austan I think me and chris are gonna rideshare to eau claire the 24thand get our asses handed to us and crash at your place sat night and shoot at martys on sun the 25th if that is ok with you and ill even help you put up the ceiling in the kitchen if you buy the beer, get ahold of me and ill get you list of suplies you'll need