• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

Re: Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

I don't have timing for a .260 either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check out the groupbuy section. Someone is running a group buy on them. Preorder and youll get 100 bucks off august 1st. </div></div>

That is for the non-AAC version.

Just pick mine up today. $625 out the door, now I just have to find time to shoot it hope I wil not be dissappointed.

AUGH! quit making me look at this thread!!!

Range report please
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AUGH! quit making me look at this thread!!!

Range report please
smile.gif
</div></div> I didnt get a day off this week, and don't even have any quality 308 at the house right now. Quickest I will be able to get out is probally mid of next week. I plan to do a deatailed right soon after range test.

I just won one on GB for $605 I thought it was a pretty good deal. Will be a couple weeks until I get it though.

I thought the group buy was for the normal SPS Tac...

Pics and range report, PLEASE

WEll I had a chance to run out to the Range today with some left over 168 nosler ballistic tips, Holy Crap. I only had 10 so I used the first 5 I used to dial in and the next was for a gorup hovered right under 1" I neglected to grab the target but Im goign back out mid-week to really see what its capable of.

I can honestly say the STOCK sucks, I spent 45 minutes to an hour last night opening up the barrel chanel to get an actual free floating rifle barrel. I also think the trigger is just fine, there was 2 ocasions where I actually scared myself because I was not prepaired for it to go off, which is good and bad.

Im trying to find some other ammo to run through it, but so far that is a vain attempt. Looks like Weds or Thurs before I will be able to get back out to the Range, I will take pics of the target this next trip. I can't belive I forgot it...

its a shame that the stock looks so cheaply made & the fitment looks pretty poor, good job ive already got a ACIS to drop it into.

Whats the threading job like?

Anyone been out shooting theirs?

I couldn't get my thread protector off by hand when I first got it. I had to wrap it with several rounds of tape and use a pipe wrench to break it free. I cleaned the threads and applied a little CLP. Now it is smooth going on and off. I still haven't shot it though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varminteruk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its a shame that the stock looks so cheaply made & the fitment looks pretty poor, good job ive already got a ACIS to drop it into.

Whats the threading job like?

Anyone been out shooting theirs?

</div></div>

Well it looks worse in the picture than what it is now. When I first got it, the barrel was touvhing the end of the stock out of the box. After many trys of fitting and hand sanding I removed enough material that even with forarm flex and barrel heat up it should not touch. I think they really put it on because people would trash it, but the way I have it now is not pretty but Utilitarian it will last till I can afford a new better stock.

Threading is very clean.

I only shot one group, and forgot to grab the target when I left, ( over 100 heat index) but the group I shot was promising, I look for .75MOA to be norm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have timing for a .260 either. </div></div>

That's too bad. I believe the 260 could replace the 308 Winchester as <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">the</span></span></span> do anything round for the next thirty years if Remington would chamber it in more rifle models.

A matte black 5R in 260 Remington with a 26 inch barrel would be ideal. A 26 inch barrel would allow people to shorten the barrel and recrown/thread the muzzle as desired.

I am considering replacing the 308 barrel on my thirty year old ADL sporter with a 260 Remington barrel. But I want a heavier, stiffer, and shorter barrel than my sporter and would prefer one with 5R rifling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><snip>...most major distributors ordered them. I think most sold out...<snip> </div></div>

Sounds like Remington is getting closer to the sweet spot. I wonder if it were the threaded muzzle or the 1 in 10 twist or both. I suspect the muzzle because it is visible to others and has a wow factor. For me, the twist rate for handling heavier bullets would be the deciding factor. The standard SPS Tactical 1:12 is why I have shied away from the SPS tactical and toward the SS 5R. Now that the SPS Tactical is available in 1:10, I might go that way and modify to my taste.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psycho_Smurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><snip>...when I first got it, the barrel was touching the end of the stock out of the box. After many trys of fitting and hand sanding I removed enough material that even with forarm flex and barrel heat up it should not touch. I think they really put it on because people would trash it, but the way I have it now is not pretty but Utilitarian it will last till I can afford a new better stock...<snip></div></div>

Looks like a great rifle for the Piney Woods.

Is the action pillar bedded in the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthTexasHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Looks like a great rifle for the Piney Woods.

Is the action pillar bedded in the stock?</div></div>

Yes, pillar beded. I thought it was going to have the full length aluminum bedding block, but guess they had to cut some corners. The stock it's self has a good feel and is very quite its just not rigid ebough without the full length block.
which is why I had to remove so much material from the end of the fore arm.

Color is ok, I would prefer black. I think the deal maker is its 1/10 twist rate and already threaded for Supressor. Honestly the threading played no part in my decision as I will eventually get around to chopping the barrel to 16.5" and Re-threading, What sold me was the twist and the fact I thaught the stock was full-length bedding block which its not, but its no biggie It shoots great now. Like I said with propper ammo and shooter doing his part I look for this to fall .75MOA with the results I saw from my hasty range session yesterday with diplorible conditions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psycho_Smurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, pillar beded.</div></div>

Does the stock have the typical BDL floorplate? I'm thinking Badger DBM.

Thanks much for passing on your experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthTexasHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psycho_Smurf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, pillar beded.</div></div>

Does the stock have the typical BDL floorplate? I'm thinking Badger DBM.

Thanks much for passing on your experience. </div></div> Yes it has standard BDL bottom plastic.

How do you like your millet?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like your millet? </div></div>

WEll I'm having some bad experiance right now, its jumping around not holding zero properly and real fuzzy, Quite dissapointing after the good luck I had with the Regular buck Gold Series

Hmm, that's not good....

We just got our first shipment in at work and they look like they're a great value at under 600.00

Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

Turned a 600 dollar rifle into a 4300+ package...I'd rather buy a GAP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SouthTexasHill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><snip>...most major distributors ordered them. I think most sold out...<snip> </div></div>

Sounds like Remington is getting closer to the sweet spot. I wonder if it were the threaded muzzle or the 1 in 10 twist or both. I suspect the muzzle because it is visible to others and has a wow factor. For me, the twist rate for handling heavier bullets would be the deciding factor. The standard SPS Tactical 1:12 is why I have shied away from the SPS tactical and toward the SS 5R. Now that the SPS Tactical is available in 1:10, I might go that way and modify to my taste. </div></div>

1:10 is what sold me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

What bipod is that?

Looks like Harris.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

What dealer offers that package? Does he offer it in a 2.0 AICS ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

What dealer offers that package? Does he offer it in a 2.0 AICS ? </div></div>

Thats a 4300 dollar package Grim.....Just saying.

Tis was the initial sight in target, shots were taken from 100yds with rifle riding sandbags front and rear.

The first round fired was the one off to the lower left quadrant, forgetting this was 1/4" (my other is 1/8) I moved 10 clicks up which led me to my next shot at the top left of bullseye my final sight in was the one below. I had seven rounds left so that is the hole you see to the right first round struck lower section of the bullseye then they walked upward and to the right.

I was shooting some left over Winchester Supreme Elite 168gr combined technoligy balistic tips from deer season.

This will be the last group for awhile as the next trip out I learned my scope was fryed, see topic in optic section. I plan to trade the millet off for a Super Sniper Fixed 10x42MM and purchase some reloading equipment pronto to really see what this rifle can do. Right now I'm also awaiting a new stock for my SPS Varmint depending on how well that works one will be in short order for this rifle as well. After That is settled I plan on getting a AAC Cyclone and chopping the barrel to 16.5 and calling it quits with a Us Optic settled in for final optic choice.

moto_0075.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58880&start=50

Seems to be called Silent Industries in AL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=58880&start=50

Seems to be called Silent Industries in AL.</div></div>

It is a Harris. Dont want to sell in the forum since I am not a paying dealer on the site. Please shoot me an email if you have any questions on the AICS 2.0 set up.

Silent Industries

I am so glad this rifle came out right after I got my SPS T set up. Here goes another $2K.

I am trying to figure out how to finance both my suppressor and AICS for this rifle. Damn addictions
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

Thats a 4300 dollar package Grim.....Just saying. </div></div>

For what? Better have a Krugerand with it in that case. 1.5 stock is less than a grand & rifle is ~630 or there abouts. Where's the 4300 come from?
I'm looking at getting a 2.0 stock and wanted the rifle too so I thought I'd see if the package deal cost was better than individual cost. Guess not. I'll go hunt them down separately.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

Turned a 600 dollar rifle into a 4300+ package...I'd rather buy a GAP. </div></div>

thats no where near 4300 .....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

Turned a 600 dollar rifle into a 4300+ package...I'd rather buy a GAP. </div></div>

thats no where near 4300 ..... </div></div>

You are 100% correct. That is a 2400$ rifle as pictured.

Well, just sold my 12 twist SPS tactical. It was a good shooter but I want the 10 twist. Still have a couple of more items to sell before I plunge into a 10 twist SPS & some other goodies.

Well i got to shoot mine today. I threw together som sierra game king 165gr rounds this morning. I got a 1.5 moa 9 shot group and pulled the last,10 mph cross wind. No proof but once I get a good stock and work up a load I expect sub moa groups, and then proof will come. I am very satisfied wth thr rifle, and glad I god rid or the FNAR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SilentIndustries</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jerseymike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rsilvers</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is one in an AICS. The guy is a dealer and packages them and sells them this way.

aics.jpg
</div></div>

thats no where near 4300 ..... </div></div>

You are 100% correct. That is a 2400$ rifle as pictured. </div></div>

I said 4300 because the description under the picture on his website says 4300.

Just got mine Last Thursday. As this is my first foray into tactical, I know nothing about things like mount,rings and scopes for that matter. I searched the threads and could not find anything specific: any ideas?

If price is no object:
Murphy Precision Titanium Base
Accuracy International 1 Piece scope mount
S & B Gen 2 glass
AICS 2.0 Stock

Or:
Badger Ord rings and bases
Leupold Mark 4 or NF glass
AICS 1.5 Stock

That is just me and my .03

I agree re: .260 ultimately replacing the .308 as the "go to round". I'd buy another 700 AAC-SD if it were chambered in .260.

Does anyone remember a thread that you can point me to extolling the virtues of one type of mount/rings which does this (or simular) rifle justice? Also, other than spending more $ than I can really afford, any ideas for a (BDC?) scope with which I'd be happy.

I'd like to shoot in the 300-600 yard range (if the guy in Bertram aver gets his range open...)

Yes - they have been shipping to distributors. It comes with the Hogue stock. The other photos are serving suggestions.

I will take more photos.