• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

Re: Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD...

Quote from the movie Desperado:

Bring your guitars
laugh.gif

On my wholesalers website I'm seeing this one under item #84203 but there is also one that's about $80 more. I've searched everywhere and can't find anything else on it besides on the wholesalers website. The more expensive one says the part number is 85542, Remington sps 308win 20" HB AAC BO FH. Anyone know anything about this one?

I would assume it costs more because it has a Black Out Flashhider on it instead of the nut.

anyone know where i can get one right now my local gun shop was told by theyre distributor that it wouldnt be until early september before they could get some

There are two on Gunbroker now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: justaredneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does anyone remember a thread that you can point me to extolling the virtues of one type of mount/rings which does this (or simular) rifle justice? Also, other than spending more $ than I can really afford, any ideas for a (BDC?) scope with which I'd be happy.

</div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1927744#Post1927744

Seekins, NF, or Badger seems to be a consensus choice.

Hey all
Gilberts Guns on the web has some in stock for 660.00 shipped
Hope this helps. MIne will be here Wednesday. YEA!!!!!!!
Is there that need to be done to the rifle. Looking aty Seekings rings and NF 3.5 X 15
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEMI Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got my LGS checking on availability. Haven't heard anything yet. *crosses fingers* </div></div>

I got tired of waiting/searching around for one... Just sent my SPS tactical to ADCO and had it threaded... pretty much the same thing right?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cttbax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HEMI Driver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got my LGS checking on availability. Haven't heard anything yet. *crosses fingers* </div></div>

I got tired of waiting/searching around for one... Just sent my SPS tactical to ADCO and had it threaded... pretty much the same thing right? </div></div>

The AAC-SD model has a 1:10 twist rate.

I think the MAIN differences are the threading... and the stock are changed.

Matt.

But rest your mind... you should still be OK with shooting 175 out of the 1:12.... I have and have had great results....

Matt.

1/10 is really designed for heavier sub sonic bullets. The 1/12 is closer to the optimum twist of for 175SMK's. I think optimum is supposed to be around 1/11.75 or there abouts.

I dunno about the looks of that stock though.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1/10 is really designed for heavier sub sonic bullets. The 1/12 is closer to the optimum twist of for 175SMK's. I think optimum is supposed to be around 1/11.75 or there abouts.

I dunno about the looks of that stock though..... </div></div>

The 1/11.75 is designed for a 24" barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rrflyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1/10 is really designed for heavier sub sonic bullets. The 1/12 is closer to the optimum twist of for 175SMK's. </div></div>

1:11 from a 26 inch barrel perhaps.

1:6.5 for dedicated heavy (240 grain) subsonic use.
1:8 for a mix of 220 subsonic/supersonic anything.
1:10 from a 20 inch barrel is a good choice for supersonic 175s and subsonic use with medium weight round-nose bullets.

So what is the street price for this rifle? I've heard 590 to about 660...

Shay,

Thats about where the are priced... but you should go into it knowing your going to dump more money... My hogue stock lasted about a week... and was replaced with a fully adjustable HS Precision.

Matt.

I know I'm going to put a new stock on it, a B&C A3 is what I'll be replacing the houge with. I have the whole build planned, now I just need the money to do it.

I got mine one Gun Broker for $605 shipping was a rip off at $35 but I got a rifle that isn't the easiest to get at this point.

I've got one on order at a local shop, but I don't know when it will show up. $645 with tax included. I also ordered a Manners T2A which isn't expected to show up until November, so I guess I have time.

I saw a AAC-SD model at the gun show yesterday...nice looking piece minus the wierd looking houge stock.... man I really do not care for the houge stocks...

I got mine in yesterday with the intention of putting it together as a hunting rifle. Ended up being a little heavier than Remington says on there website. They claim avg. weight of 7.3 lbs. Gun weighs 8.3 lbs. on my good scales. Having some second thoughts now.

I just got mine in Monday. Got it ready and I sighted it in Saturday.

Hornady 168gr. Amax- .311"

Federal Premium 165gr. Sierra Gameking BTSP- .673"

old Hornady 150gr. Interlock BTSP- .882"

Hornady 150gr. SST- 1.024"

Hornady 168gr. Match BTHP- 1.469"

Hornady 150gr. SST Superformance- 1.553"

Federal 180gr. Nosler Partition High Energy- 1.607"

Federal 180gr. Hi-shok PSP- 1.67"

Scope was a Leupold FXII 4x33 in Talley Lightweight Lows. Distance was 100yds. These were 3 shot groups and I know what some will say but I plan on hunting with it mainly. Got it primarily because it was 1:10 twist.

I am going to shoot it some more later on when I get some more of the more promising ammo.

Sorry for pulling this one out of the basement.....
I'm starting to build a stock for a customer in Germany who has a 700 AAC-SD and am not 100% sure what barrel profile is on this rifle. Can anyone confirm that the profile is identical to a Remmy Varmint?
Thanks
edi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: edi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for pulling this one out of the basement.....
I'm starting to build a stock for a customer in Germany who has a 700 AAC-SD and am not 100% sure what barrel profile is on this rifle. Can anyone confirm that the profile is identical to a Remmy Varmint?
Thanks
edi </div></div>
It is the same.

I really want one of these rifles but I am not sure the threaded barrel is worth it to me, I am in IL and we cant own suppressors, so its all about barrel twist. and these rifles are 50 bucks more that the non threaded SPS tactical with 1 in 12 twist.

You could always put a screw on muzzle brake on the end of it if you cant own a suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seal2127</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could always put a screw on muzzle brake on the end of it if you cant own a suppressor </div></div>

wouldnt getting a smith to tack on one be cheaper than 60 bucks?