• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Re: Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Ok got the directions to where I need to go on the site. Not sure about spotting with the scope, where to pay entry fee, Do I need to go to the main entrance for anything? Thanks

Triton 19 & outback on there way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Results please Zach </div></div>
Patience.

Would like to thank Mike K. and his group of guys for putting on another awesome match, 72 people showed very very well maintained match hope to see you guys again next month, If not will see yall next year. Remeber us oklahoma guys have some matches comin up too.

Sincerly,
Travis Case/ Oklahoma Tactical Shooters Assoc.

Also would like to say thanks to Mike and his team. Had a great time Sunday with a squad that was a lot of fun. Learned a lot as usual.

Last match of the year was yesterday. Lots of fun as usual. I learned the word of the day was "cant"
smile.gif
Amazing I have a US Optics level on my rifle then forget to use it half the time. Definite learning experience once again.

Ya that match was alot of fun. Thanks to the match staff, who put it on every month!

Ruts, it's not on in June... I wanted to go to the USA to shoot this match/the Steel Safari

Steel Safari is why this doesn't happen in June , same crew run both .

I figured as much

Hoping to make some of these this year.

Hoping for good weather on the 6th, also hoping to do some shooting beforehand to dial in my brain and equipment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any early intel on the ground conditions?? Not that I'm getting excited or anything.</div></div>

Last I heard they weren't getting much snow down there so far this winter.

Zak & rtr,

Thanks for the info. Hoping the weather cooperates.

Zak,

Since it's the first match of the year will Mike start Saturday's setup earlier than usual?

Thanks

Dino

Do I have to pre-register, or just show up? (I hope this hasn't been asked before)

Went to the Chaffee County range yesterday and got some good long range dope for my gun, so I'm slightly more ready for this match. Now we just need good weather.

The weather looks to be improving. Is the match still scheduled to run this weekend?

Does the setup usually start around noon on Saturday. I'm willing to help.

Bring your cold weather gear; Sunday should have a high of 35F with a 40% chance of snow--seriously good times. :)

Looks like warmish today (low 40s) but with snow/rain in the late aternoon/evening. Tomorrow looks like colder (high 35) with less chance of snow. Getting my stuff together right now.

Winter weather advisory for southern Colorado along I25 through Sunday AM. Not too excited about that. Hopefully some of you guys on the ground in Raton can tell us Sunday drivers what it's like down there.

It's supposed to snow tonight in Raton with a 40% chance of snow showers tomorrow. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 34F.

Not that worried about what it's like in Raton tomorow, but what it'll be like getting there in the early AM. The weather between Springs and Raton tonight looks like good chance of a decent amount of snow/blowing snow. So I'm officially bailing unfortunately, ya'll have fun shooting since I won't be and see you in March.

We had a cold, snowy match. Very tough conditions. I believe Paul G. won with a 55.

Our Match Director (Mike K) is not on the internet, and I have no way to get the scores online until C.Ward or someone else who lives near Mike types the scores into an email and sends them to me.

looking to make it in march, was un-able to make the February match because i was suffering the horrible weather down in georgia and south carolina. look forward to seeing ya'll there....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weather was pretty good. I think the turnout was 68 </div></div>

Actually Zak is lying: the weather was crap, the food in Raton is terrible, no one had a good time. As a result, no one should go to this match next month...

Fun day, tricky winds with a front coming in, pushed the capacity of the match to its limits. Cool/warm/cool on the weather.

The first time I shot this some 5 years ago we had 2 to a squad and 18 people total. Yesterday, 68, 7 to a squad. Groups of people that had never shot it were showing up in droves. My group had 8 people in it, 5 of them first timers. As we were signing in at the NRAWC gate to spend some time on the Tubb range verifying zeroes and dope, a group of 5 more first timers rolled in behind us. NM's GDP rose by a significant single digit percentage this weekend.

CAUTION: Shoot on a squad with someone running a TBAC can and you'll be pulling out your Visa card Monday morning.

Tons of shooters made for a long day. As always the shooting was great and the people were enjoyable. Some stations had no wind, others had tricky shifting winds. Shot better than I ever have at this match but have lots of room to improve still.

A few photos.
5506558603_1500f9a618_z.jpg

5506558599_7b3bb58ce7_z.jpg

5506558597_71fa08247c_z.jpg

Word is high score this month was a 54 followed by a few guys at 53.

Thanks to Mike and all for a great match! Lots of people showing up and some real good shooters. Fun!