• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Re: Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Great turnout for a winter morning on superbowl sunday....except the guys blowing off the match for motorcycle races that got cancelled....

Glad you guys had fun, wish I could have made it. Those bastards didn't cancel my race until Saturday which pretty much F'd my weekend plan. I did post a nice crash video from Saturday, though.

Ah I see - new scoot - a valid excuse.

How do you like the ring ding?

The match was very good. Got skunked pretty well on one stage where the wind could not make up its mind which direction to blow, but other than that it was just a few mental errors here and there.

Anybody in decent driving distance has to come try the match at least once! Good verified dope out to 550-600 is all you really need to be in the hunt and not have dope being the excuse as to why you miss. A 10 or 25 yard increment table to 1k is all you need.

There was only one shot you could not take from the prone with a bipod. Sitting with sticks got it, and it was only 350 yards.

Yeah the wind got kinda squirrelly for the last half of the day but the weather held and didn't turn crappy and we all stayed dry .
The winner shot a 56 , there was a tie for 2nd with 2 shooters at 52 , and right behind that were 4 guy's with 51 .
We had 21 shooters show up with , IIRC , 5 new shooters .

Z You coulda come down with Jimmy and Jon sun am .

Really enjoyed the match, definitely will be back and hopefully shoot better the next time.

Can anyone recommend a solid but affordable backpack that works for this match? (ie can be used as a rear bag and is big enough to support the gun with extended bipod).

Same question for the longer shooting sticks.

Chris - you can stop in my bud's surplus store - Glenn's Surplus, Mill Street (runs between Nevada and Tejon just south of downtown). He has a ton of packs in stock, new and used, Camelback, USGI, Tru Spec. He'll have used various tactical maker packs in stock as well.

I'm lusting after the Tru Spec multicam BTW.

A used ISGI pack will work fine and he has them cheap-cheap in a variety of colors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VnCO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Match and Great Weather, Jorge names his blaster "Cheetahara"...Its a good name.

Later dudes-Jimmy </div></div>

I'm still having nightmares....

Can anyone recommend a solid but affordable backpack that works for this match? (ie can be used as a rear bag and is big enough to support the gun with extended bipod).

I have a slightly used , carry on on a couple of air line flights , http://www.tacticaltailor.com/threedayassaultpackplus.aspx , in tan that I could part with . PM me if You want it and I'll figure out what I got in to it .

I have that bag's sister. Bought it used, beat the shit out of it, still works fine. That is what I was using Chris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...there was a tie for 2nd with 2 shooters at 52 , and right behind that were 4 guy's with 51 ...</div></div>

I thought Bob (the "old guy") shot a 53: did we add something up wrong? Anyway, great time; I'll be back.

That would be Bob A and I will get with the match director and double check that . If that's the case we owe him some money and will need to make that right .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rtr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anyone recommend a solid but affordable backpack </div></div>

Spec-Ops T.H.E. Pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bob told me he shot a 51 - I am quite sure of it. </div></div>

Hmmm..better check the math; I added it up on the card and I remember it as 53...

Give me a chance to get with the MD , he's a caveman and I'll have to call him tonight and check . It may take a couple of days though . One way or the other it will get figure out .

See if you can get all the scores from him, I'd like to see them.

Can someone send me the distances to the targets by station?

Checked with the MD and Bob A's score was a 51 marked on his card .

The results will be posted on the match website , http://demigod.org/srm , this evening .

The range card is in a photoshop file and I'll have to get it from another machine and send it to You . May take till this weekend .

There has been a change of directors at the Whittington center and the restriction on " short " action ar's , IE 15 vs 10 's , has been lifted . Any AR platform that meets the caliber restriction is fine now . Like stated in the rules though if the hits cannot be called , marginal edge hit that doesn't move the plate , you don't get the credit for it .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...The range card is in a photoshop file and I'll have to get it from another machine and send it to You . May take till this weekend ...</div></div>

Chuck,

Any success on the range card?

Guys, there's really no sense or need to get a copy of the range cards. You've got targets at distances from about 175 yards to about 875 yards. The range cards are rounded to the nearest 5 yards (I believe) and they've been quadruple checked by multiple LRFs and firing. The spotter/scorer will call out the next target distance as soon as you're ready, provided you've told him your shooting order. It's really fastest this way.

It went to the email on your account . if it didn't show up pm me a good address and I'll send it again .

Next match is about a week and a half away on 1 Mar .

Next match is this weekend . More info here , http://demigod.org/srm .
Same plan as always setup starts at 1:00 on sat and the sight in range is open from 3 - 5 . Shooters meeting is 7:30 sun am and we start shooting at 8 .

I got the hall pass. Considering the amount of shooting I have done lately, this is gonna be ugly. Can't wait!

That's OK we were gonna let You shoot with Stan and Dave .

I put a few rounds thru my gun today, looking forward to the match, weather (fingers crossed) looks good.

If I can't make the setup saturday can I still shoot the match Sunday? I was gonna drive down there saturday after work.

Yes , it is split about 50 / 50 of people that come down sat or sun morning .

Weather looks good , in the 60's , so come out and shoot .

Shaved Wookie get it right damn it . I still wan't some sasquatch jerky quit holding out .

Weather looks good . The same plan as always , setup starts at 1:00 on sat and the sight in range is open from 3 - 5 . Shooters meeting is 7:30 sun am and we start shooting at 8 .
More info can be found at , http://demigod.org/srm , come out and shoot and get off the square range and thoose boring paper targets .

Good match, good turnout, decent weather, I improved my score, though not by as much as I had hoped.

Great match. I thought the weather was great. More wind than was forecast, but not unbearable.

I wish I could go all 10 stages without completely f'ing up one of them.

My Internet access is getting ready to change as some of you all ready know . From here on out check on the match website ,http://demigod.org/srm , for match info , scores and such . <span style="font-weight: bold">The match is not going away just my ability to post about it every time .</span>

Ya it was a great match. I had alot of fun, and I still need tons of work/practice on my wind calls and holds.

I heard Rhodes and Vicki actually showed up...

When are the results going to be posted?

Good match. Yet again I was perfectly setup to stomp the wookie and I had the same exact 6 brain farts in a row that he did....plus some extras...uncanny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard Rhodes and Vicki actually showed up...

When are the results going to be posted? </div></div>

They did....with the typical flair of Eddie....5 minutes before the match starts he's shooting a rifle through a chrono saying he's got no elevation data....then he shoots the chrono....hilarious!

Can I have a recap please on when the date and times for your:

Prairie Dog, AR and wed night steel matches for March?

Need to work on days off.