• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Most effective muzzle brake ?

Re: Most effective muzzle brake ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: allocine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">avoid king armory
I sent them 80$ twice this summer, and never received anything... </div></div>

Damn, nothing like finding libel on Google to really make my day
mad.gif

We opened ONE work order (CAS08-1051), you sent ONE USPS money order for $87, we sent ONE brake to the address you provided. I emailed you on 8/28/08 to inform you that your MO had arrived and that we were processing your order, I emailed you again on 9/02/08 to inform you that your order was shipping to the following address.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alexandre Taboulet
1616 Euclide Ave Apt#4
Miami Beach FL 33139
</div></div>

I responded to your email on 9/15/08 regarding how the package was sent (USPS Priority). That was the end of my involvement with it. If you had not received your order it would be in your best interest to have contacted us so we could have the postal inspectors file a search for it or so we could ship a replacement part out. However, considering that you 'supposedly' sent the MO several times (you supposedly sent it at the beginning of August, 4 weeks is plenty of time to get a letter from Miami to AZ) and weeks later nothing had arrived here, I am suspecting that you were trying to run a scam on us and failed. We have never had ANY delivery get lost in the mail, yet somehow you can lose a part heading to you and several MO's heading to us? C'mon, try not to BS me, OK? Just to prevent something like this from happening, our orders ship with a self-addressed label also, so if it didn't get delivered or got lost, it would have ended up coming back here and, you guessed it, nothing has come back. I would wager that if we ship another part it will undoubtedly end up in the same 'black hole' and you will continue to libel us on the internet. We take customer service and satifaction VERY seriously, and don't take kindly to people trying to take advantage of that. We'll gladly send you another part, but it is going to be shipped insured, Priority, and require a signature from "Alexandre Taboulet" for the registered mail receipt. If you suddenly start spouting on the internet that we "ripped you off" or any other such nonsense you'll find yourself and your associate facing legal prosecution. We keep an archive of our emails and I have all the shipping receipts/paperwork, would you like me to contact the Postmaster and have them look into this? Using a USPS money order to commit fraud is a serious crime. Feel free to contact us and I'll get a replacement part out to you ASAP, but I'm going to document its delivery every step of the way and burn you if your running a scam.

Back to the topic at hand, our KA-1830 brake is extremely effective and lightweight. The clearance between the bullet and the baffles is about .008" (the bore is .016" larger than the bullet, compared to .030"-.045" on most brakes) so it doesn't allow much propellant to bypass the bullet and baffles. The overlapping port design allows maximum venting time and eliminates the 'whistle' that many multiport brakes make when fired. The brake also centers on bearing surfaces instead of the threads so it can maintain perfect concentricity and won't try to loosen. More info is available at King Armory KA-1830 page

KA-1830.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arcangel8654</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The most Effective brakes is the JP tank brake..and second is the armalite monstrocity..they are the most effective period.the question is can you handle the ugly.. </div></div>

+1

The JP tank brake is hands down the most effective brake I have ever shot. I have one on a 8-lb 338WM and I can shoot that with no stock pressure, free recoil and it feels like a .223Rem. Never loose the 1" dot target in recoil. But it's LOUD and you don't want to be on either side of it. The more powder you burn, the better it works. Did I mention it was ugly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suppressor. </div></div>

+1, a good suppressor will reduce recoil better than anything except an angle-ported brake. And they're................<span style="font-style: italic">quiet</span>
grin.gif

+1 on the vias. I only use a break on my hunting rigs. Helps recoil, sound and doesent add much weight hanging out at the end.

Jay Seaquist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotAGuru &#8853;</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant stand holes all the way around the break i dont like blowing dust all over the place when prone.

1-6-09007.jpg

1-6-09010.jpg
</div></div>

Wow very Nice muzzle break! NotAGuru, I am looking for an Effective Muzzel break for rem700MLR, it got a 5/8-24tpi, do you have any for sale?, love to try one out, do you make them with more than 3 large baffle for the side ?.

that one precise custom made muzzle brake with slotted holes on the left is very, very effective

The JP Tank is super everything- effective, loud, ugly, bulky. I still laugh when I see them on AR's or 223's. Wimps.

But I have a question. You say most effective, but in what area? Recoil or rise? I shot a carbine with a Fabian mill brake and it was awesome! The muzzle would actually push down with a conventional grip. Wish you could still find them.

It's not like I dont' have anything better to do, but.... today I happened to have in front of me, at the same time, a salvaged RRA muzzle brake and a JP brake that I had modified maybe 10 years ago for a customer that changed his mind and went with something else. I know that both are pretty effective and that both can be a little offensive when it's 30 guys on the line instead of just you and nobody else around. The little guy on my left shoulder said "they need to be together".

I give you.... the Obnoxionator 2X!
18917344821.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ned Christiansen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not like I dont' have anything better to do, but.... today I happened to have in front of me, at the same time, a salvaged RRA muzzle brake and a JP brake that I had modified maybe 10 years ago for a customer that changed his mind and went with something else. I know that both are pretty effective and that both can be a little offensive when it's 30 guys on the line instead of just you and nobody else around. The little guy on my left shoulder said "they need to be together".

I give you.... the Obnoxionator 2X!
18917344821.jpg

</div></div>

grin.gif

I KNOW that will work! Two of the more effective brakes available...... now together! = more better!