• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Re: Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Guy came into the shop last night and we got to bullshitting, showed him a few guns, was a pretty typical night. Then he goes off about how every gun we have is a piece of shit. Turns out that his Taurus 1911 is the most accurate handgun in the world and he routinely practices at 100 yds standing, with groups never bigger than 2".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guy came into the shop last night and we got to bullshitting, showed him a few guns, was a pretty typical night. Then he goes off about how every gun we have is a piece of shit. Turns out that his Taurus 1911 is the most accurate handgun in the world and he routinely practices at 100 yds standing, with groups never bigger than 2". </div></div>

Thats priceless

well at least he was humble enough to ask instead of laying off like a moron<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this goes against the grain a little, but last weekend some tool at the range couldn't put his 9mm carbine on paper with irons (and a laser of course) at 10y... in his camo pants, but was trying to teach his girfrend proper technique and sight alignment.

He also failed equally with his 1911, but through my muffs could hear him blaming his shitty ammo... must have been spin drift? </div></div>

guy i work with bought a horrible tiny 9mm pistol. asked me to shoot it cuz he kept hitting way over the target. i shot it and was right on paper despite the required 2 finger hold.
2 days goes by and then at work he asks me to draw him what his sights should look like when he aims it. i did and then he draws what he was doing. he had been lining up yhe bottom of front sight with top of rear.
some newbs! </div></div>

How about 300 yd 5 shot group with all the holes touching with an M1 Garand using standard issued ammo during the occupation of Germany. Ooohhhh yea and using iron sights.

I can't do that with my bolt action .308 win with an 18x scope.

The sad thing is there is usually a group of people standing around the dumbass that tells these stories. And its best not to argue with an idiot because people might not know the difference.

I was testing loads for my 300WM when it was new and this guy who also had a 300WM told me he shot an Elk at 1,200yds with his rifle. He had a standard hunting rifle and hunting scope. Not a hunting scope for this site but a non-easily adjustable turdbox 3-9 something. I asked how high did he aim above it? He told me about 2yds above it. Nice shooting was all I could say. Now for his target his first shot hit about 1foot to the right on the target at 100yds. He then proceeded to sight his rifle in by adjusting the sights about .75 inch then shoot and do this all the way to POA POI. It is hard to trust a guy who just blew almost a full box and a half of ammo to get a 100yd zero.

So last time I went to the range...

I'm walking my target out to 100 yds - I hear the guys next to me saying "I can't hit at 100 - lets move it closer", so I stick my target in at 100 and walk back. about a half hour goes by, I'm not really paying attention...

So I shoot some groups - nothing special, let my bro who is in from Reno shoot, and while i'm watching I hear the guy next to call out "3 inches high and 2 right" - I look over and he's got his spotting scope out looking downrange. The shooter apparently has a new AR - didn't look too close at what it was - I guess he was sighting it in.

Then I realized that they had moved the target to 25 yds. They were both about 70 and probably couldn't see more than 25 yds. Now I'm no expert, but those 2 guys were having more fun than anyone else at the range...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy claimed 3000 yard shots and hitting a oil quart container with a 300 win mag. I tried to reason with him but he claimed a 300 win mag could shoot 5-6 miles.</div></div>

Screw the 338 Lapua, I'm getting the 300 win mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sleepymonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guy came into the shop last night and we got to bullshitting, showed him a few guns, was a pretty typical night. Then he goes off about how every gun we have is a piece of shit. Turns out that his Taurus 1911 is the most accurate handgun in the world and he routinely practices at 100 yds standing, with groups never bigger than 2". </div></div>Yea, he sucks, my groups are exactly .45 inches... I shoot one shot groups, 'cause that's all I need...
wink.gif

I went to Wal-mart to pick up a new Bore-Snake and heard one of the stock boys telling another customer that if he wanted a great rifle, he could go to Dunham's across the road and get a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for around $100, pick up the scope mount kit for $50, throw on a Tasco scope, and that he's personally seen guys shoot 4 inch groups at 1,000 yards with this setup. The man he was talking to seemed really receptive to this. I left quickly, as this kid was just begging for the ceiling to collapse and a "cleansing of the gene pool" to take place...

This guy I worked with said his kid (age 13) headshot a moose on the run at 900 yrds at dusk and dropped it in one shot with a 300 win mag. I had a hard time believing that his kid could even handle the recoil of a 300 win mag lol

I cant remember where on here it was, but some faggle kid in arizona claimed 1/8th MOA accuracy with his dads Tac-Ops rifle.

I thought it was 1/18? ......................................when he does his part.

My father in law was over for easter dinner.I told him I was thinking about a m1a.He said "get the m1a1 they are shooting dinner plate size groups with 150gr hollow points out to a mile."

I said "thats pretty good"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MasterHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy I worked with said his kid (age 13) headshot a moose on the run at 900 yrds at dusk and dropped it in one shot with a 300 win mag. I had a hard time believing that his kid could even handle the recoil of a 300 win mag lol </div></div>

As a kid, I shot a 300 Win.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MasterHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy I worked with said his kid (age 13) headshot a moose on the run at 900 yrds at dusk and dropped it in one shot with a 300 win mag. I had a hard time believing that his kid could even handle the recoil of a 300 win mag lol </div></div>

As a kid, I shot a 300 Win. </div></div>

If you had seen how small his kid is you would now what i'm talking about, when I first met the kid I thought he was 8 or 9...he's a twig. Any ways it was really the shot that I had a hard time believing.

After reading through many of these stories in this thread, LMAO BTW, a bumper sticker I seen many years ago comes to mind- "<span style="color: #FF0000">God must love stupid people, just look around you</span>"!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bo Beaver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I went to Wal-mart to pick up a new Bore-Snake and heard one of the stock boys telling another customer that if he wanted a great rifle, he could go to Dunham's across the road and get a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for around $100, pick up the scope mount kit for $50, throw on a Tasco scope, and that he's personally seen guys shoot 4 inch groups at 1,000 yards with this setup. The man he was talking to seemed really receptive to this. I left quickly, as this kid was just begging for the ceiling to collapse and a "cleansing of the gene pool" to take place... </div></div>

Bo,
You must live in the Howell/Brighton area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loaded2280</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here in colorado theres alot of tall tale hunters it seems ive heard countless stories of 500 plus shots on elk/deer being made with no holdover just cuz they were sighted in an inch high at 100 asked 3 of these types of people to guess range of a stump on a jobsite their guesses were between 200 and 350 mine was 110 turned out it was 122 yds </div></div>

Yep. I used to work the gun counter at Gart Bros. and had a guy claim he dropped an elk cow at 800 yds. I said, "Really, what was your bullet drop?". Of course, the guy couldn't answer. "What was your wind? What adjustment did you use for the wind?" Blank stare. I decided something needed my attention in the back.

A local poser made this claim regarding his ability with a bow -

"I can hit the eye of a doe at 95 yards".

He just so happened to make the claim while he had his bow in the car and at a friend's place that had a bow range set up, unbeknownst to him.

He was offered the opportunity to show his prowess with his bow. Reluctantly he agreed to take a shot.

The 40 yard target was on the front of two hay bales stood on end, tied together, leaned up against a Tee post.

He missed the hay bales entirely.

A gal I know told me she could hit a 10" plate with her AR at 500 yards every time in any wind up to 20 miles per hour. She's only shot out to 500 once.

I asked her how far a 20pmh wind moves a .223 bullet at 500. She had no idea. It was fun to see her face when I pulled up the windage on my ipod.

I have to share a few that the dick-head working in the cage next to me spouts out on an almost daily basis.

"I went hunting with an old man one time back home. Now I never have to track another deer down ever again. All you have to do is shoot him with a black powder rifle...as soon as you shoot him, pour a pile of black powder in your hand, toss it on the ground infront of you, and then hold out another handfull of black powder...the deer will walk right up to you and drop dead!"

"Dude, your an idiot"
---------------------------------------------------------------

"My SSgt knows alot about guns"
"Thats cool"
"we were talking and he reccomends I should get X scope for my gun...but $700.00 is outragous"
I proceede to tell him about my Schmidt & Bender...
"I cant understand why anyone would pay that much for a scope, I have friends who can shoot groups at 1000 yards with bullet holes ontop of eachother!"
I proceede to show him the current unlimited BR 1000 yard 5 shot group....
"That aint nothin!"

Dude told a friend of mine that back in the day he would shoot birds with his AK-47 at 2 miles (he was struggling to figure out how to release the magazine at the time)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkincaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After reading through many of these stories in this thread, LMAO BTW, a bumper sticker I seen many years ago comes to mind- "<span style="color: #FF0000">God must love stupid people, just look around you</span>"! </div></div>

He thinks that stupid people are funny and keep him amused!

Safe location on that last shot.. you know forward of the muzzle is always safe. Especially with a break like that and no hearing protection.

A cob on my boat claimed he shot an Elk on the run at 750 yards with a 338 win mag and all he had to do was hold the crosshairs level across the back

A guy i work with said that they were shooting 800y at a frying pan with a .17 in utah a couple weeks back. He couldn't tell me if it was HMR or a fireball so i called bullshit right away. "well it might have been less than 800y" was the back pedaling response.

Re: Rem 40X or Anschutz 54?
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 08:13 AM »ReplyQuoteI own a 541 and two 40x centerfires.Love the 40x,esp 40xc-ks marked 7.62 NATO.My best ever 100yd offhand group,(.295) was with the 541 ! Ten shots-one ragged hole.

Seen this on 6mmbr.com. Now if we could all shoot that good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Offline

« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 08:13 AM »ReplyQuoteI own a 541 and two 40x centerfires.Love the 40x,esp 40xc-ks marked 7.62 NATO.My best ever 100yd offhand group,(.295) was with the 541 ! Ten shots-one ragged hole.

Seen this on 6mmbr.com. Now if we could all shoot that good</div></div>

Now, NB, I have done that at least half a dozen times with that gun you sold me;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D. Miller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A guy i work with said that they were shooting 800y at a frying pan with a .17 in utah a couple weeks back. He couldn't tell me if it was HMR or a fireball so i called bullshit right away. "well it might have been less than 800y" was the back pedaling response.</div></div>

I believe they were shooting at it. Hitting is another story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nesikabay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Offline

Seen this on 6mmbr.com. Now if we could all shoot that good</div></div>

Now, NB, I have done that at least half a dozen times with that gun you sold me;-) </div></div>

Now dont be telling everyone that. If you do ill start getting PMs wanting my 22s. I still want that gun i sold you back. But that wont happen will it

I was showing my nephew my new .308 and he chimes in with "My friend knows a sniper that killed a guy from 3 miles away, but he didn't report it because he didn't want to hold a record for killing someone."

Had a guy at the range tell me that I should have bought a 700 instead of a 10FP because his .308 700 will shoot a .25" 5 shot group at 100 mic'd outside to outside with handloads! No joke! A .30 cal bullet shrinking in flight.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JES629</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a guy at the range tell me that I should have bought a 700 instead of a 10FP because his .308 700 will shoot a .25" 5 shot group at 100 mic'd outside to outside with handloads! No joke! A .30 cal bullet shrinking in flight. </div></div>

Well you know they fly so fast....

smile.gif

These stories are funny. None of mine top any of these but some are similar. I dislike around 99% of gun owners I meet. Refuse to go to gun shows save SHOT but even then I get a headache.

I know, I'm sure, less than 1% of what there is to know but at least I'm aware of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJMOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These stories are funny. None of my top any of these but some are similar. I dislike around 99% of gun owners I meet. Refuse to go to gun shows save SHOT but even then I get a headache.

I know, I'm sure, less than 1% of what there is to know but at least I'm aware of it. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat, most of them seem to be more about bragging and bullshitting than understanding the physics and actually shooting. Gun shows are a joke and it seems like every idiot I encounter always relates every gun back to what the SEALS use...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant remember where on here it was, but some faggle kid in arizona claimed 1/8th MOA accuracy with his dads Tac-Ops rifle. </div></div>

That never gets old!
laugh.gif

Alderleet, I don't know about who that kid was, but I do know of some Tac Ops rifles that will do even better than 1/8 MOA. At least one Hide member has one that does, with his handloads.

"i dont consider myself to be an expert and at 15 yards i can get 5 shots out of 10 in this pattern and the other 5 within half a bullets width of an exact hole. bassically a .200 inch group at 15 yards standing unsupported of course. this is with my Glock 23 (.40 S&W)"

and

"the farthest ive ever attempted to shoot a pistol accurate was my friends duty weapon an H&K p2000 with a horrible trigger at 220 yards... groups were in the 1ft range. shot off my back. first time ever shooting that particular pistol though.. "

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant remember where on here it was, but some faggle kid in arizona claimed 1/8th MOA accuracy with his dads Tac-Ops rifle. </div></div>

felipe, his username was savage110 but its been changed several times now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I cant remember where on here it was, but some faggle kid in arizona claimed 1/8th MOA accuracy with his dads Tac-Ops rifle.</div></div>

Get your facts straight, the claimed group size was 1/18th MOA.
smile.gif

I've seen and heard enough over the years.
Not gonna wade thru, and never thought I would have a really good story.

Not sure if this one is, but was hard to keep a straight face.

marine, sharpshooter instructor. (No offense intended, it is just un f- ing believalbe.)
Saw this kid hitting woodchucks at two miles!
What capped the deal was the recruiter seeing him hit one at three miles!
Needless to say he didn't go through normal basic.

This all happened on his Dad's farm.
Hard to see 1000.

Was told by guy at work last week.

Sad part is he believes his own stories.

TC

Lets see if I qualify,, I have a Remi 700, XCR Tac Long blah blah, .308 and at 200yds I hit the paper!! Or really the 10 inch shoot and see, once. And my 300 yard shot went into the ground I'd guess at about 275yds, and was so far left I thought the guy next to me did it, till I saw he was standing behind me, laughing.

100 yard shots are easy. 200,, anyone can get lucky, but anything more than that, it's a real science, and an art.

This is some super funny shit!!

Not to long ago I was in a local gunshop. Its in Nicholasville, KY and the guy that owns this place has little man syndrome real bad, he is overly angry and flat out rude to almost anyone, unless your spending money.

My brother is 21, he had interest in purchasing a handgun and getting his CCDW. So he goes into the store and starts asking some basic questions and the owner is helping him. He says Ive made my mind up on a 9mm but cant decide on the maker or model. They talk for awhile and look at a few different options. Finally my brother settles on a pistol and asks about what ammo is going to be best for self defense. The owner of this place recommends Hornady Critical Defense. He said "This is the best shit out there, the small plastic red part actually detaches from the bullet boring a hole for the hollow point to follow and cause more trauma, its pretty high tech shit!"

My brother was actually dumfounded and said, Im going to pass on the sale as you have no clue what your talking about. He walked out, called me and told me the entire story. I laughed and said I dont put it past that guy, he just wants a sale, not caring about the facts.

I was in the gun store where I buy most all of my shooting items. There was a guy at the counter buying a Springfield M1a rifle. He told the guy selling him the gun that he was in the military, I didn't hear him say what branch, and was a Designated Marksman. The guy behind the counter thanked him for his services to the country and started to do the paper work. The guy goes on to say that when he goes back "over there" that this is what he would be carrying, since he is a Designated Marksman. Well the paperwork goes through and the salesman shows the guy the gun, magazine and how everything works. Well the guy asks the salesman to show him how the magazine goes into the guy since he never put one in before. WTF!!!

This kid i know talking about his dads new gun on facebook-

yes we did and that gun is sick lol i was talking about it last night want it so bad i cant belive how many times i hit that golf ball over 100 yards like 6 times in a row while it was moving.

This just happened a few weeks ago. We just got a new group of CO-OP’s (interns) in and they were kind of taking a break with one of the full time guys and talking guns and shooting. I was walking by with someone’s computer when I heard the conversation so I figured I better listen in. One of them was telling stories of shooting that would make Carlos hathcock envious he was kind of cool about it like he was the grand master but no big deal. He also told of shots that were total misses. The full time guy was just baiting the co-op into challenging me to a shoot off and he said he likes to shoot looking at me. Hook line and sinker the bait was taken. Oh you like to shoot and blah blah… You know how stories go you just smile and nod politely. We should get together on my relatives farm it is only a few miles out of town. We have a full section to shoot on. At this point he had my full and undivided attention. I am always looking for more land to shoot on. So all of us where going to get together and shoot 308 and the like all they had were varmint and deer rifles. I was told to leave my 338Lm and 300WM at home. They wanted to keep it fair. We all came out and I gave his relative some steaks it never hurts to make a good impression on land owners.

This guy was talking smack as he was putting out targets and the look on his face when I told him his 1,000 target was only something like 650 yds out he looked as if he was going to be sick. I had just ranged it with my Swarovski range finder. I asked if I could take the 4 wheeler and put my targets out at 800 then 900 and 1,000. He said sure. When I got back and we were setting up and I told everyone what ranges all the target where. I wanted it to be fair. It is no fair to just beat up on college students who do not have extra cash to have a great rifle.

We all pretty much took shots at targets we felt comfortable shooting at. They were all making fun of each other and then one asked what are you shooting at? Nothing at all I said. No one shot at the 650 or farther targets. I am going to hit the 650 one. I could hear them talking and I fired the shot. Wow I must have done something right dead center. I was thinking I was going to miss and look like a tool. So one of them said shoot the one at a grand. So I dialed my scope and dialed the wind and fired round number two. I saw the hit. It was almost a miss. I did not add enough for wind. I did not hear it ding. They were all giving me crap and said I knew you could not hit it. I just left the bolt open and said lets clear all of the guns and have someone go and look at the target. I hit it right on the left hand side. One person jumped on the 4wheeler and went there and took a pic with his phone and came back. Sure as hell I had hit that 1’X2’ piece of steel. I had the steel sideway to simulate an animal chest. Any way I had missed the paint by 10 inches. The owner had come over and had watched all of the shooting and he really did not say anything at all. That usually is not a good sign. Usually when that happens it means they do not approve. When he saw the pic he just said wow I thought you were just kidding by putting targets at that distance. I told him I normally shoot a 300WM or a 338LM and it is a little tricky to use a 308 after those big rifles. I asked him if he wanted to shoot it. He said no but I kind of pressured him into it. So he got down and I walked him through what it takes to shoot a 1,000 yd shot. He shot up the remain 8 shots but hit the steel on the last 4 shots. He stood up and said I would have never thought I could do that. I thought he was a good shot. As he pointed to his relative. He looked at the target and said well have fun then walked away. We shot for a few more hours then all of the younger guys left. I spent about an hour picking up all the garbage that they left behind.

I then went to talk to the old man and thank him for letting us shoot. He said you are welcome back any time. Really I asked. He said sure you picked up garbage that was not even yours I am sure some of it was mine. I asked him if I could get his phone number so I can arrange a time to come out. He said just come out. I said I would like to call and just make sure that way I do not come out when you have cows or something like that in the field. He was cool about it and I have been back a few times since then.

When we got to work on Monday the full time guy as soon as he saw me come in he asked his co-op how the shooting went. All of the other co-ops popped up like prairie dogs and told how I just showed them up. He laughed and laughed after he heard the stories. Now every time I walk past any of them they are like puppies they always have something to ask about shooting. Thank goodness I am not their IT guy. I would never get anything done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_&#153;</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This kid i know talking about his dads new gun on facebook-

yes we did and that gun is sick lol i was talking about it last night want it so bad i cant belive how many times i hit that golf ball over 100 yards like 6 times in a row while it was moving.

</div></div>
I have something to add to this. He said he did it with a stock ruger 10/22 with iron sights. Heres what he said -

it was a 10-22 ruger i will post a vid of me doing it if u dont belive me this gun is stupid accurate and its iron sights like u dont really have to aim and it hits the target. ok so the golf ball started at like 50 yards and with in 3 shot...s was over 100 yards last shot was the golf ball in the air and then went over a hill i hit it 6 times in a row wile moving in id say under 10 seconds i looked at anthony after and told him id give him a grand for the gun lol and a 22 dont shoot a gulf ball 50mph by the way maybe 15 mph 20 was about the fastest it got going now if i had a 30-06 no way u could hit it moving like i did with that 22.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_&#153;</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This kid i know talking about his dads new gun on facebook-

</div></div>
I have something to add to this. He said he did it with a stock ruger 10/22 with iron sights. Heres what he said -

it was a 10-22 ruger i will post a vid of me doing it if u dont belive me this gun is stupid accurate and its iron sights like u dont really have to aim and it hits the target. ok so the golf ball started at like 50 yards and with in 3 shot...s was over 100 yards last shot was the golf ball in the air and then went over a hill i hit it 6 times in a row wile moving in id say under 10 seconds i looked at anthony after and told him id give him a grand for the gun lol and a 22 dont shoot a gulf ball 50mph by the way maybe 15 mph 20 was about the fastest it got going now if i had a 30-06 no way u could hit it moving like i did with that 22. </div></div>

Post up the dipsticks facebook name, we'll friend him and call him out.