• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Why some managers check social media before extending a job offer

View attachment 7200333
People (for the most part) are good at only showing their best side during an interview. Prior to seeing anybody in person, I 100% social media creep them to see how they present themselves in a different setting. The persona that they try to promote to friends/followers is sometimes drastically different.

1576108827366.png

So funny story...

I am doing my very first HSLD room-clearing exercise at a school. Worked rather hard to get there. It's time to breach and enter on dry fire and, damn, better do good (and, truth be told... look good) while doing it. Right? All about looking good.

Door gets breached... I head in, move left, heavy side of room... and need to transition to pistol. Drop carbine on sling and do a smokin' fast transition to pistol. Draw clean... and as it clears holster... it just pops out of my hands... Just like a bar of soap... pop! Airborne! Flyin away from me like the bone in 2001 a Space Odyssey... At the end of one of those telephone handset 'dummy cord' retention devices... That we all had. Because, well... bar of soap.

I can still see it, in slow motion... flying out in front of me. The cord, gracefully unfurling... until it reaches the end of its elastic limit. Then the pistol hits the floor and... I see it coming right back at me. First couple of feet across the floor. Then kind of flaccidly lifting up a bit and bouncing across the wood floor... trying to assault my shin. It ends up next to my boot. Sitting there. Mocking me.

Instructors laughing their asses off... Me... I'm just standing there going... No excuses, sirs.... I'll do better.

Never happened again. Slow is smooth... smooth is fast. Fast is... looking like a blithering %$$#ing idiot.

Just a lesson for all those quick-draw artists. And folks who don't believe in dummy cords.

You may now mock me.

Cheers,

Sirhr

You and I need to get together for some simunition training....unless you want to go fishing.

I don’t have the patience for fishing... even waiting for the fuse to burn down seems like a waste of time!

cheers, Sirhr

Electrics. Or Nonels if you don't want to carry a shotbox.

I haven't done that in a long time.... also helpful for stump removal. Man, i wish i still has access to DetCord... ;)

You mean fishin' twine, right?

Thank you,
MrSmith

So funny story...

I am doing my very first HSLD room-clearing exercise at a school. Worked rather hard to get there. It's time to breach and enter on dry fire and, damn, better do good (and, truth be told... look good) while doing it. Right? All about looking good.

Door gets breached... I head in, move left, heavy side of room... and need to transition to pistol. Drop carbine on sling and do a smokin' fast transition to pistol. Draw clean... and as it clears holster... it just pops out of my hands... Just like a bar of soap... pop! Airborne! Flyin away from me like the bone in 2001 a Space Odyssey... At the end of one of those telephone handset 'dummy cord' retention devices... That we all had. Because, well... bar of soap.

I can still see it, in slow motion... flying out in front of me. The cord, gracefully unfurling... until it reaches the end of its elastic limit. Then the pistol hits the floor and... I see it coming right back at me. First couple of feet across the floor. Then kind of flaccidly lifting up a bit and bouncing across the wood floor... trying to assault my shin. It ends up next to my boot. Sitting there. Mocking me.

Instructors laughing their asses off... Me... I'm just standing there going... No excuses, sirs.... I'll do better.

Never happened again. Slow is smooth... smooth is fast. Fast is... looking like a blithering %$$#ing idiot.

Just a lesson for all those quick-draw artists. And folks who don't believe in dummy cords.

You may now mock me.

Cheers,

Sirhr
As long as you're wearing matching 5.11 or Oakley gear with Salomon or Merrell footwear you can't make any mistakes. Looking good is 3/4 of the battle.

15761158907257982968435814974866.jpg

I think at about 100 meters it is a mill and 100 yards 4 moa. Lol

Edit: i think todays cocktails of morphine, hydrocodone, etc..
Has my range math eskew.

Probably time to equalize that stuff with some beer.

Merry Christmas to all.

Last edited:
its an absolute disgrace that little brat Greta Thorburg was chosen.

She is right up there with another European that was selected man of the year.

41KJK2M1weL.jpg

PS: I almost forgot they had another useless idiot grace their cover several years ago. Which is why I wouldn’t use that rag to line the bottom of a bird cage.

photo12-17.jpg

Last edited:
Has any person of the year ever amounted to shit?

No. Not until they fed worms.

And Stalin was in 39 and 42.

I really wish Trump would disarm NK and Iran. They would have to give it to him. And the Nobel Peace Prize.
Not that the awards are worth a darn, but to watch the libs cry and freak out would be fun.