• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1576135634349.png

So funny story...

I am doing my very first HSLD room-clearing exercise at a school. Worked rather hard to get there. It's time to breach and enter on dry fire and, damn, better do good (and, truth be told... look good) while doing it. Right? All about looking good.

Door gets breached... I head in, move left, heavy side of room... and need to transition to pistol. Drop carbine on sling and do a smokin' fast transition to pistol. Draw clean... and as it clears holster... it just pops out of my hands... Just like a bar of soap... pop! Airborne! Flyin away from me like the bone in 2001 a Space Odyssey... At the end of one of those telephone handset 'dummy cord' retention devices... That we all had. Because, well... bar of soap.

I can still see it, in slow motion... flying out in front of me. The cord, gracefully unfurling... until it reaches the end of its elastic limit. Then the pistol hits the floor and... I see it coming right back at me. First couple of feet across the floor. Then kind of flaccidly lifting up a bit and bouncing across the wood floor... trying to assault my shin. It ends up next to my boot. Sitting there. Mocking me.

Instructors laughing their asses off... Me... I'm just standing there going... No excuses, sirs.... I'll do better.

Never happened again. Slow is smooth... smooth is fast. Fast is... looking like a blithering %$$#ing idiot.

Just a lesson for all those quick-draw artists. And folks who don't believe in dummy cords.

You may now mock me.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Well, long time ago while learning my first ropes and tools of the trade I managed to fell off/roll down a steep hill with a not-too-old Galatz in my hands. Or at least initially it was in my hands, eventually it flew farther than me! And it wasn't even mine! Luckily that thing is built like a tank and a small trot down the hill didn't hurt it too much. I have always learned to carry and use my precision rigs (or DMRs) without any sling but in that case it could have been helpful. Or in that case where I almost lost the rifle in the river (and yes, the water is cold around the freezing point.. especially if it's balls deep..). At least I haven't forgot my rifle into the forest during a small break and discovered it several hours later, resulting in a very heated search party. Seen that happen though and been part of it. Anyway the retention devices do have their merits and uses.

Reactions: canman
Cut the fuse in half and chuck the goodie in the drink.
Fishing and fuse time fixed
Old story up here about a poacher named Perley Leach.

He was dynamiting fish on Maidstone lake early one morning when the warden shows up in his boat. “Now Perley,” says the warden, “you know you arent allowed to fish with dynamite. I’m gonna have to take you in.”

Perley picks up a stick of dynamite and lights the fuse... then tosses it into the wardens boat.

Says “Boi Jesus warden, you gonna sit there an jaw all day? Or are you gonna fish?”

Cheers, Sirhr

At least I haven't forgot my rifle into the forest during a small break and discovered it several hours later, resulting in a very heated search party. Seen that happen though and been part of it.
We were at White Beach, Okinawa, and for reasons unknown, one of the embarked Marines threw his rifle overboard. This generated much activity.

Cheers, Richard

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb
We were at White Beach, Okinawa, and for reasons unknown, one of the embarked Marines threw his rifle overboard. This generated much activity.

Cheers, Richard
Well, my case was during a march/orienteering where a tired young soldier put the rifle on the ground, right in the middle of road, during a breather and some hours and klicks later noticed that something was missing. Not exactly knowing when&where as well. Much activity indeed.

Reactions: TACC and Barneybdb

Cheers, Richard

White Beach...memories stored in the deep recesses of my mind.

Reactions: TACC
That's comparing apples to oranges. Your house is your castle. Someone is actively trying to gain entry against your will. It's not blindly firing. You know exactly where you're firing, you live there.

Not to mention it was 360* of fire using unwilling citizens as cover.

Don't hurt yourself making those stretches. ?

Last edited: