• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1588523694_l98qludui2.jpeg

P
What’s your process for getting the car?

many folks have fun restoring a car and will spend $40-$80k over 2-5 years and sell the car for $20-$25k

I got over the itch for an old car as a few friends have old cars....

I was at a local meet up before Corona changed the world. One old guy did a frame off dip of the chassis... no expense spared to return a 60 year old car to new condition. It was not a super popular model.... I get the quest to spend money before we die...

Are you open to buying a pre restored ride or do you want the process to restore it yourself?
You know. I am not totally sold on the car. I am a Chevy guy mostly and had a 70 SS454 and a 68 Road Runner (383), in high school. I hate seeing that entirely worthy car go to rot. Yes, I could spend a lot less to get the exact same car already done. I am not in love with the car itself. Wife caused me to miss out on getting a 69 Yenko Camaro last spring. I was first dibs on it, but wife objected and I lost. It was an expensive car. but already done.
I guess I am drawn by the labor of love.

I am watching a kid on you tube

he picked up an tired old mustang and a wrecked new mustang and is welding them together

some hate that idea

4 wheel disk
Antilock brakes
Fuel injection
Traction control
1960’s body

I think I would prefer that over an all original old car

my buddy’s dad is a ford retiree and had his original 64 1/2 mustang restored and drives to car shows

He had seatbelts added and then removed them as he would lose competitions

I had to ask him- what happened when a minivan runs a stop while texting and you have no headrests and no seatbelts? I was a dick and said I hoped that either he was fine or dead and not a burden to his wife.

we are all funny with what we like

I am watching a kid on you tube

he picked up an tired old mustang and a wrecked new mustang and is welding them together

some hate that idea

4 wheel disk
Antilock brakes
Fuel injection
Traction control
1960’s body

I think I would prefer that over an all original old car

my buddy’s dad is a ford retiree and had his original 64 1/2 mustang restored and drives to car shows

He had seatbelts added and then removed them as he would lose competitions

I had to ask him- what happened when a minivan runs a stop while texting and you have no headrests and no seatbelts? I was a dick and said I hoped that either he was fine or dead and not a burden to his wife.

we are all funny with what we like

I was almost killed in a rear-end collision. My neck was broken in four places. The 2nd vertebrae was displaced so much that a fraction of an inch more the likelihood of me dying was very high.

I say all this because I was in an older vehicle without a head rest. My life was messed up for a long time and I suffered through several years of a lot of pain. If I could have predicted anything, I would have put head rests in the vehicle.

Whether it is authentic or not, someone who owns and drives a vintage car without modern safety features needs to ask themselves if death or serious injury is worth it.

I'm much better now and by the grace of God, I wasn't killed or paralyzed. However, the pain that I suffered isn't something that I would wish on anyone. Think again about installing modern safety devices.

Y’all have probably Seen this one, but since you’re putting car pics up....My 68. 502ci BB Turbo 350 with a small stall. 355s in a posi 12 bolt. She does ok.View attachment 7316253

That poor th350 is going to hate life if you ever find traction enough to stop spinning the tires.

Burnout pictures are required of anything sporting over 500ci.