• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

You forgot the most powerful of all. The deadly 5.56MM. Fired from an assault rifle a single round will kill a man at a range of more than two miles just by passing within inches of the head. Large capacity magazines can be fired in a microsecond killing everyone in a one-mile radius. Exit wounds are reported to exceed the size of small watermelons. Capable of penetrating battleship armor, nothing or no one is safe in the mere presence of a weapon loaded with this cartridge of mass destruction.

Frankly, I don't know why the military uses are those other inferior rounds.

A local park had a Spanish galleon play thing- kids got hurt as it was old and they jumped off the top onto asphalt... city removed it and placed padded stuff all around the new stuff
I was checking out the confidence course at MCRD Parris Island on Google Earth and thought I saw big pillow bags at the base of the some of the obstacles. This was mid-2000's. Anybody confirm that? I was told that they've got shredded tires laid down now.

Still remember when a recruit in my series fell from the second level of the triple-decker (onto hard-packed earth). DI gave him about 2 seconds of sympathy before tearing into him for dismounting the obstacle without permission.

insurance.png

He was the only land based force to ever have a US naval vessel raise the white flag of surrender to. They should have left his sons alone.

View attachment 7399171

Thank you for the reading material. Now that I am retired I no longer have to spend weekends reading the latest technical updates to the IBM mainframe machines.

Maxwell

I like the 67 Z/28 that @TripleBull put up, except for the fact that 67s didn’t come badged. There were only a little over 600 of them made. Bad ass little cars, but “we don’t need no stinking badges “! 😁

It's hard to find a pristine early Z. A good friend bought a 69 with the cross-ram, chambered exhaust, factory headers and 4 wheel disc brakes. I helped him install a roller tappet cam and modded the suspension. It was a screamer. I had a 72 that was a really excellent car. Its best quarter mile was a 12.62 at St. Louis International, but it was a better road car than strip. The factory headers arrived in the trunk and you installed them yourself. Our local Chevy parts manager had wrenched for Donahue and he had a ton of tricks up his sleeve.