• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1603228546369.png

From an ME class years ago, once a car reaches top speed - say 140 in a mustang, it would require roughly doubling the HP to add 10 more MPH

altering the coefficient of drag was way cheaper. Also making the car skinnier was cheaper as you had less cross section for air resistance

thus top fuel dragsters are skinny

Doubling the engine output normally reduces its lifespan to unacceptable levels in a street car

The Porsche 911 maxed out air cooled (oil cooled) and had to switch to a more modern design to make more power

the high output 911 air cooled motors can easiest cost $100k

Porsche went to the water cooled 911 as they had to use 4 valve heads to meet new emission standards that could not be attained with 2 valve heads. They knew from racing that they couldn't air cool 4 valve heads.

From an ME class years ago, once a car reaches top speed - say 140 in a mustang, it would require roughly doubling the HP to add 10 more MPH

altering the coefficient of drag was way cheaper. Also making the car skinnier was cheaper as you had less cross section for air resistance

thus top fuel dragsters are skinny

Doubling the engine output normally reduces its lifespan to unacceptable levels in a street car

The Porsche 911 maxed out air cooled (oil cooled) and had to switch to a more modern design to make more power

the high output 911 air cooled motors can easiest cost $100k

In “regular sports cars” porsche, Ferrari.

Not a Miata with crate motor, but a car that can:
Brake
Handle
Proper safety /able to be

250 HP gets you to 140-150
400 HP gets 170-180
500 HP gets 190..almost 200
600 HP gets 200-215
700 HP gets 220-230

there are exceptions and such but if you buy a modern sports car with those HP ratings those will be your top speeds.

Been there...done that.

In “regular sports cars” porsche, Ferrari.

Not a Miata with crate motor, but a car that can:
Brake
Handle
Proper safety /able to be

250 HP gets you to 140-150
400 HP gets 170-180
500 HP gets 190..almost 200
600 HP gets 200-215
700 HP gets 220-230

there are exceptions and such but if you buy a modern sports car with those HP ratings those will be your top speeds.

Been there...done that.
Mine is 1150hp. What will that get me? Besides a reckless driving arrest...

Mine is 1150hp. What will that get me? Besides a reckless driving arrest...

prob about 240- 250 if your aero is really good. But putting 1000 in a Ferrari f430 won’t get you there. It needs to be designed for that speed.

if it’s a GTR or alike much less

And if it’s a old school Camaro or charger your looking at 210 if you can actually keep your foot in it, seen it.

prob about 240- 250 if your aero is really good. But putting 1000 in a Ferrari f430 won’t get you there. It needs to be designed for that speed.

if it’s a GTR or alike much less

And if it’s a old school Camaro or charger your looking at 210 if you can actually keep your foot in it, seen it.
I was just kidding a little. I have 1150hp, but it's inside a barn door. 2004 Dodge 3500 diesel.

FINALLY! Solid legislation.