Maggie’s  Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

lariat

Gunny Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
I Finish cutting firewood for the next winter in June from what was felled the previous winter or already down. That freaking saw would be just what the doctor ordered. Am I jealous? Yup.

Hairball

Sergeant
PX Member
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2013
SoCal
They were only out in Europe, until recently. I sold my MS462 so I could try the FI.
I did see two on Ebay and they are asking 1,899 for one and the other is 1,745. The guy selling them for 1,899 had 9 of them for sale and he is down to one but the listing is from Hungary so who knows what you would get.

jmp1

Massive ability to turn you off.
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2011
Trinity County Ca
Been eyeing one of those 500i R saws myself. Sold my 660 some time ago and not sure I can convince myself that I need a 500 but they sure look nice. I have only seen videos as I don’t know anyone who owns one.
My stepson has a 500i. It's a beast and very light. Getting one in the U.S. is tricky.....but it can be done.

LeftyJason

Thumbnail-les
Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2017
    Kaysville Utah
    Schwiing. Fuel injected baby!

View attachment 7562344

Been eyeing one of those 500i R saws myself. Sold my 660 some time ago and not sure I can convince myself that I need a 500 but they sure look nice. I have only seen videos as I don’t know anyone who owns one.
    Good review here. All of you guys talking about saws better read and post in the Woodchuck and Firewood Hoarders thread.

cornhusker86

C Co. 3/63 2nd. Bgd.
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 20, 2012
    Red Michigan
    My first car;

rA0Aycwh.jpg

Gee Kay

Skippy the Bush Kangaroo
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 8, 2019
    Land Downunder
    Schwiing. Fuel injected baby!

View attachment 7562344
    nice!

i've had mine for a few months now. bags of power, is weighted and balanced nicely. haven't put the 32" bar on it yet to see how front heavy it will be. 32" for some reason is the longest stihl aust. recommend. have no idea why. the "R" model won't be available here till some time towards the end of the year. apparently i can get the wrap handles as a spare part, a must for anyone serious i suspect.

Reactions: alfack and brianf

Zorrosdens

LM308MWS-MARS
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2019
    From the South.
    Nah that’s just a mini bike Totegoats were bigger and front Drive was an option
    Yep you right, it was just a reminder of the standard home project gas powered put together go someplace thing in the neighborhoods I traversed as a kid….you were lucky to have a dad that put one together for you and the envy of the other kids no doubt. 🤙 It’s all I knew because it’s what we all called them at that time. 😏