• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

1527657_633580926711519_624489175_n.jpg

pretty awesome as I actually remember watching THIS episode of Looney Tunes as a kid...If I remember correctly, it was originally "rabbit season" / "duck season" ... good times

Yep me too, like 30 years ago. Very good times...

Dr. Sagan inspired me the first time I watched Cosmos as a kid, and he still does.

Like you, I was inspired by the first version. Which, sadly, I watched on a black and white Television on public television in New England. I never saw it in color until I got the DVD set... in 2005. Sagan's original was timeless... brilliant. I found the Degrasse-Tyson remake to be contrived and rather pathetic. The original DVD series is something everyone should watch, especially now that it has been re-made in HD. It's amazing on a large TV. Unfortunately, Degrasse Tyson not only doesn't pull it off, but went off on a political bent that Carl Sagan could get away with... but Degrasse Tyson fell flat on. Sagan, undoubtedly, went political with his Nuclear Winter diatribes and his Nuclear Freeze Movement participation. But he did it under the umbrella of an utterly ground-breaking series.

His politics aside... Sagan's series was brilliant and inspired more kids than you can count. Oh... and he was a genuine scientist who made some real contributions to the Voyager missions and to deep space exploration in the 1970's. His swan song was Contact. A neat movie... a better book. He ended up a 'pop' scientist. But he earned his stripes.

Other similar series worth watching... Stephan Hawking's Universe (c. mid 1990's) and, though I am not much of an adherent to String Theory (String religion?), Brian Greene's Elegant Universe DVD's are great.

Thanks for posting P&P! Sagan motivated me to learn... and learn and learn and learn. Guess that's a legacy worth having!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Seeing that pit crew work was kinda neat. I had always wondered about the movement ballet they did in order to change out 4 tires so quickly. It would also be neat to see the fueling stop.

Meh. NASCAR does 4 tires (5 lugnuts per wheel) and gas in 12 seconds with less than half the men.