• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Bend-At-The-Waist-9-1.jpg

As far as antenna climbers gear, we mostly use it for positioning...when you're working aloft, you need
We started that way back in the day. Now it is 100% Tie or Die. You are talking about 'work positioning' fall protection is different equipment. If you know/see someone not 'tied' and don't report it yourself, you're fired too.

Dead? Your no good to the crew or your family that will live with the consequences of your stupidity till the day they die.

By the way a Tower Dawg never would call themselves a 'Antenna Climbers.

Edit: I am a (Mulitple) Certified Trainer in the industry and have trained first responders in high angle rescue as well.

Whoop! Whoop!

Last edited:
We started that way back in the day. Now it is 100% Tie or Die. You are talking about 'work positioning' fall protection is different equipment. If you know/see someone not 'tied' and don't report it yourself, you're fired too.

Dead? Your no good to the crew or your family that will live with the consequences of your stupidity till the day they die.

By the way a Tower Dawg never would call themselves a 'Antenna Climbers.

Whoop! Whoop!
The pussification of antenna work.

I spent most of my time on 90' wood poles, working on antennas...never needed a kewl "dawg" nickname to make me feel tuff.

The pussification of antenna work.

I spent most of my time on 90' wood poles, working on antennas...never needed a kewl "dawg" nickname to make me feel tuff.
LMAO Call us Pussies if you want...

This was on a 450' + stick IIRC. It isn't often that an accident is photographed but here is one. I was taking the photos after it happened I climbed up and helped him we work the rest of the day in the Tophat with winds that gusted over 70 mph and climbed down in the dark after wind calmed down.

Attachments

• Climber_Blow_Off_1063.jpg
    Climber_Blow_Off_1063.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 339
  • Climber_Blow_off_1074.jpg
    Climber_Blow_off_1074.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 342
  • Climber_Blow_off_1073.jpg
    Climber_Blow_off_1073.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
I was going to the station when I got hit. I’ve been thrown out of a vehicle also. Hell, I almost was ejected out of a engine going to a call. I was getting my gear situated and stood up for a second like everyone does, they took a hard right and I’m on the drivers side and the door latch failed(they replaced it later) and it swung open, I started grabbing everything in sight lol.
So yer just kinda dumb? 😉

Tell us stuff we didnt already know.🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Two36
She didn't send pictures but she described it something like that. I think she said something about the girl being lucky that morphine was invented.

I give you guys that work trauma/er/EMT and the rest credit. It's amazing what the human body can take and y'all deal with it.
The drunks you just leave them asleep. Less trouble that way. The drunks that wake up screaming and fighting, get no pain meds. STFU dumbass!

Bout 18 years ago that scenario played out. Our nearest Level 1 Trauma Center was a 22 minute drive, code 3. And back then we had Chevy 505 big blocks, on the straights, let it eat. Dude started fighting, and because he was so fucked up (trauma wise) there were two of us in the back. He didn't know how many of us it was going to take to whoop his ass, but we knew how many we were going to use. He arrived with all limbs tied to the cot. ER nurse said "yall are mean, I've seen tons of bilateral 14 guage IVs, just not in the back of the hands."

"Dude had good veins in the back of the hands, and the hands were tied down...What?"

The drunks that wake up screaming and fighting, get no pain meds. STFU dumbass!
Took a suicidal drunk to the ER to wait for the crisis team to do an assessment.
Drunk started screaming, cussing, and generally being obnoxious.
Er doc said to a nurse "It's been too long of a night for this shit, bring me an amp of succs."

One shot and a breathing tube later, peace and quiet.